Hooray!!

newfarmers

News is carrying the story that we'll be getting the big O down here 2012/2013 southern summer season. Plus X Silhouette as well!!!

At last, bigger, quality ships (although there's absolutely nothing wrong with either Volendam or Century) and just in time for my 50th in March 2013 :):D

Looks like P&O might have to drop the 'superliner' tag on the poor old things they're sailing down here.

Yippeeee

News is carrying the story that we'll be getting the big O down here 2012/2013 southern summer season. Plus X Silhouette as well!!!

At last, bigger, quality ships (although there's absolutely nothing wrong with either Volendam or Century) and just in time for my 50th in March 2013 :):D

Looks like P&O might have to drop the 'superliner' tag on the poor old things they're sailing down here.

Yippeeee

Great to hear it will time in with your 50th...

It is going to be very interesting to see how they plan on getting the Oosterdam to and from Australia and which route they will take. Anyone got any ideas? Will it be South Pacific, across the top of Asia, or the from some other angle???

I read that the Solstice is coming down from Europe via the Suez canal, the Persian Sea, and down through Asia...

Your thoughts about the "P and O superliners" had also crossed my mind. They have been charging a fortune for their cruises for the past few years compared to what our North American friends have been faced with for their local cruises, so it will be very interesting to see what the market dictates will happen to their fares, and ultimately, their old ships!

Exciting times ahead for Australia/NZ cruising industry!!!

:D:D:D

Archived