Review: Liberty 2/19/11 w/PICS

I know this is a sensitive issue. My kids know that if I find out that they are doing anything to disturb someone else's vacation, their vacation is over. Period. My guys actually hung out in the library because it was empty and it had nice comfy chairs. We would check on them and they were just hanging out with a group of kids talking.

I was just wondering and did not mean to come across as complaining - I was just shocked at the number of unattended preteens running around. I never found any to be rude or causing problems. We had a great time and hope to do it again soon. I am glad Liberty is moving to Ft Lauderdale as Miami was awful for embarkation.

I loved your review and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

A belated thank you also for the humorous report, & pics! Also going on a Med cruise and really appreciated the pictures of the interior ship - the RCI website is lacking. Almost cancelled the cruise to just stay in Barcelona, but glad we didn't now.

Cruising for the first time ever July 2, 2011 out of Barcelona on LOS. Thank you for posting your pics! Can't wait to experience this beautiful ship and all the amazing ports.

Thanks and I am jealous that you are going out of Barcelona! How nice!

• 2 months later...

Just finding your review for the first time - thanks for taking the time to write it and post the pictures! Having written a few myself, I know how much time and effort it takes. THANKS! :D

I've been on Freedom (Liberty's sister) and will be on Liberty for a big family cruise next fall (can hardly stand the wait!). Before we booked Liberty, we were looking at other lines, including Carnival. I am interested in learning more about your opinion between the two lines (comparing similar ships, of course). Would you care to share?

Thanks again!

This was one of the best, and well attended events when we were on the Liberty. It was like half the ship was on the promenade, but the atmosphere was great!!!

Got out of work a little early. So on with the review...

Dancin’ In the Street (the 70’s Dance Party) was interesting. The singer looked like a chubby Nick Lachey…I’m just sayin’

SDC13784.jpg

SDC13783.jpg

It was just a little crowded for this event::rolleyes:

SDC13789.jpg

White Hot Dance Party was fun, but how can people eat again at 11:30 p.m.!!!!

SDC13920.jpg

Calypso Band: I didn’t think they played enough. They should have played for every sail away from a port. In St. Maarten, a Princess ship was next to us and they had a great band that was rockin! People from LOS started to gather at the rail and the singer stopped to say “hey why don’t you come on over!” At that point I wanted to. Don’t get me wrong, when they played they were very good. I just wanted more.

Cruise2011Vybes.jpg

• 4 months later...
Just finding your review for the first time - thanks for taking the time to write it and post the pictures! Having written a few myself, I know how much time and effort it takes. THANKS! :D

I've been on Freedom (Liberty's sister) and will be on Liberty for a big family cruise next fall (can hardly stand the wait!). Before we booked Liberty, we were looking at other lines, including Carnival. I am interested in learning more about your opinion between the two lines (comparing similar ships, of course). Would you care to share?

Thanks again!

Michelle, sorry for the delay in answering. Haven't checked the review in a while... You can't compare the ships. There are no ships on Carnival to compare with LOS and FOS, forget Oasis and Allure. Overall, I think we are happier on Carnival. We like the food better on Carnival and have found the entertainment better, but it is very subjective. The Carnival price can't be beat. As I said in the beginning, we have never had a bad cruise. Anyone who has, is trying to find things to complain about. Enjoy your cruises no matter what line you choose!

• 7 months later...

Archived