Caribbean souvenirs for co-workers?

vjw1218

Greetings and happy Monday!

Next week, I embark on my Caribbean cruise on the ms Rotterdam and would like to know if there are any souvenirs - little trinkets or food items - that would be great to bring back for my co-workers. I'll be visiting San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Thanks!

Rum cakes from any island. Guavaberry items from the Guavaberry store in St. Maarten... jewelry from St. Thomas (just how friendly are you with these co-workers? lol) We saw cute little picture frames with seashells, stuff like that. There will be TONS of stuff to choose from! Happy shopping!!

I should ammend my post by saying I don't want to spend a great deal of money on souvenirs. (I was thinking chocolates or teas or something) I just didn't know what each locale was famous for and wanted to bring back some Caribbean flavor to the cold Northeast. :)

Thanks!

Good addendum, cuz you can go a little nutso in the caribbean whilst shopping!! Since you mention chocolates, there is a great chocolate shoppe in St. Maarten just around the corner from the Guavaberry store too.

TinaLee

I always like to bring back the canvas tote bags from the different islands for my friends and kids. They have the location printed on them and they come in so many colors, sizes, designs, prices, etc. I also love it when I see my friends and they are using the tote bag. I think you can never have too many :D

Concur with the Guavaberry items. Tortuga rum cakes are nice, too. I like to collect hot sauces from everywhere, and each island has some that are particular to their locale, so unique to the trip. Anyone who like hot stuff or who cooks might appreciate those.

Cheers

MarkB

Not everything at Guavaberry emporium is alcoholic. In fact, quite a lot of it isn't. You might take a little look at their website before you go, just to give yourself an idea.

Guavaberry Emporium

The name of the chocolate shoppe is The Belgian Chocolate Shop.

I also like the idea of bags, and don't forget they have those Del Sol shops that have all the color-changing items too. My daughter loves the color changing nail polish. They have bags, hair clips, sunglasses, clothes, everything that changes color and have different locations on them.

I always like to bring back the canvas tote bags from the different islands for my friends and kids. They have the location printed on them and they come in so many colors, sizes, designs, prices, etc. I also love it when I see my friends and they are using the tote bag. I think you can never have too many :D

I bought some cute totes in St. Maarten for $4 at a little flea market place on the main road. They have them all over so shop for the best price. My friends loved them and they have held up well (the bags and friends both).:D

Remember that whatever it is you buy, you must get home. You said Northeast, so I assume you are flying. Keep in mind how much space your 'gifts' will require in your suitcase.

I've brought home placemats with map of the Caribbean and everyone liked them. They pack flat and are light weight.

Playing cards with scenes of the Caribbean.

Insulated cups/mugs.

BRIAN.....

Like you new picture!!! :)

BRIAN.....

Like you new picture!!! :)

Thanks, Sail!

I'm feeling a little less formal these days....

;)

VJW - Pens from the islands or the ship also make nice cheapie gifts for co-workers - sometimes as little as $1/per.

People can always use another key ring..... You can find some really fun, location specific ones all over the Caribbean as well as on the ship.

Sun visors;

Baseball caps may cost more than you want to spend.

There are so many souvenir/trinket/touristy shops everywhere, you'll surely find something you like for a moderate cost.

When we travel to different countries, I try to go to a local drugstore or grocery store. There I purchase soap, toothpaste or other sundry items with foreign labels. Everybody is always pleased, the items are small and inexpensive and eventually get used up. I really don't think anyone else wants a permanent momento of YOUR trip. Everyone just likes to be "thought of."

Archived