Taxi or Bus from pier to airport???

AVAD

We will be returning on a cruise in Barcelona on a Sunday morning and my TA says we should take the cruiseline bus back to the airport because the fare is more on Sundays. Does anyone know how much a taxi costs on Sunday from the pier to the airport for 2 people with 1 bag each?? The pier transfer is $30 each.

Thanks

Take a taxi, for heaven's sake! If you try the bus, you'll sit waiting for some time while they try to get more people to fill up the coach.

A cab may be a few Euros more, but the privacy may help your peace of mind.....:cool:

Waiting for those transfer buses is terrible!

Just get off and take a taxi!

Even if there is a Sunday supplement I doubt if the taxi fare will be more than 40euro($60 IF the exchange rate is 1.5)give or take a euro or 2.You deserve a comfy ride to the airport since the flight home is long and UNcomfy!

FWIW for our ship two years ago we saw taxi's there all morning. I think the earliest I looked was around 7am. Long line of taxis and also people waiting for them so plan accordingly.

Hi

Our flight from BCN is at 8:45AM - ship docks at 5AM. Will there be taxis outside that early??

Hi

Our flight from BCN is at 8:45AM - ship docks at 5AM. Will there be taxis outside that early??

Yes, the taxis will be there that early. By 6:30am most people have made there way off and to the airport. DO NOT take a bus for this early flight, you must take a taxi and with less traffic on Sunday be at the airport in plenty of time. We usually get there by 7:30am. Wish all the ports were as easy to get thru as BCN! Have a great trip.

• 5 months later...

Flight time ??

TA from BCN on Emerald Princess '07...early off easy to get to airport for flight around 10. [scheduled by Princess]

April this year. Solstice...FLL ..Caribbean...LONG time to disembark. [over an hour in line w/ luggage]

So, finally the question! For April '12 TA on Solstice will walk off..taxi work for 10:45 flight?

Thanks!

I'd recommend that you check how many other ships are in port that Sunday. If there are a few, the taxi line could be very long. I read on one review from the Magic that people waited for almost 1 1/2 hours in the cab line.

Archived