Scenic ocean view rooms on valor, just our of dry dock

Missiowa

OVs are 220 s.f. ...typo? or do you mean suites?? Sorry, but I never heard anything about a OV that big.

Ocean Suite

Twin beds that convert to king, large balcony, sitting area with armchair and coffee table,... sofa, dressing area with vanity, 2 large closets, wall safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Cabins 9205 and 9206 have standard size balconies. Cabin 7228 is a modified handicap cabin and 450 square feet with 110 square foot balcony.

On Decks: Lido Empress

Click for more details and diagrams

More (+)

Sleeps up to: 3

Avg sq ft cabin: 275

Balcony: 65

i think the first passengers were in them in the last 2 weeks or so and i know 1 cc member uksaint was in it... he/she said they have pictures but i haven't seen any from any source yet...

here's a link to a thread about them:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1355598

as far as info, here's their general info:

Cabin 9200 6J OST4 320 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-double sofabed rab:0

View: window – floor-to-ceiling, forward view

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 4-closets; shower;

sofa, chair and coffee table

and here's some info i wrote in that other thread for anyone just coming across this... i even made a graphic :)

here's a comparison of the liberty - the only ship with the also added captain's suites, and the valor deck plans out of dry dock:

22fcbf6d.jpg

typically it was 3 4J cabins + open deck space on conquest class ships. (plus the 2 captains suites on liberty only).

now, they've managed to fit 6 cabins in between... ;)

i think they're coming to liberty next - though they're definitely not there right now, it's something they could do while the ship is not in drydock / IS in service...

as far as desirability - i think they'll be a really nice CABIN - with the large windows, looking out forward to where the ship is going...

the size of the windows (apparently) will be a huge bonus vs. a standard oceanview... i always thought the family oceanview staterooms were a great value & unique cabin. nice to have 'em back.

what it'll make the front of the ship look like - to be determined. :)

now, what would be really cool - if you could open the window(s) a bit :D

• 3 months later...

Archived