Eclipse Cabin questions

HubbieO

I have questions about the cabins on Eclipse, and Yes, I have looked at the "sticky" and searched the forum.

1. Is the bed in 8228 closer to the bath or balcony? I've read the bed location alternates, and 8226 and 8230 have the beds closer to the bath, which would seem to indicate 8228 would be closer to the balcony. True? Do all cabins with sofabeds have the bed closer to the balcony?

2. If you book a cabin with a sofabed, and are only 2 people, can Celebrity move you to a different cabin to accomdate a 3 person party?

I'm looking for a starboard hump cabin with the bed closer to the bath and a larger balcony. Not sure whether facing forward or aft is better. Wind seems a factor for some and visibility forward for others.

Thanks.

I have questions about the cabins on Eclipse, and Yes, I have looked at the "sticky" and searched the forum.

1. Is the bed in 8228 closer to the bath or balcony? I've read the bed location alternates, and 8226 and 8230 have the beds closer to the bath, which would seem to indicate 8228 would be closer to the balcony. True? Do all cabins with sofabeds have the bed closer to the balcony?

2. If you book a cabin with a sofabed, and are only 2 people, can Celebrity move you to a different cabin to accomdate a 3 person party?

I'm looking for a starboard hump cabin with the bed closer to the bath and a larger balcony. Not sure whether facing forward or aft is better. Wind seems a factor for some and visibility forward for others.

Thanks.

1. The bed is closer to the Balcony in room 8228. All Cabins with sofabeds always have the bed by the Bath.

2. I don't understand your question. Cabins with a sofabed can accommodate 3 people. If you are just 2 people in a cabin with a sofabed, you just wouldn't use the sofabed as a bed -- just a sofa.

We've be on both forward and aft angles, and wind on either was not a problem.

1. The bed is closer to the Balcony in room 8228. All Cabins with sofabeds always have the bed by the Bath.

2. I don't understand your question. Cabins with a sofabed can accommodate 3 people. If you are just 2 people in a cabin with a sofabed, you just wouldn't use the sofabed as a bed -- just a sofa.

We've be on both forward and aft angles, and wind on either was not a problem.

Thanks for the info.

My second question arises from having read that if you're a party of two in a cabin that can accomodate 4, i.e. sofabed and pull down, that Celebrity can move you to a different cabin. I was wondering if they can do the same with cabins that have just the sofabed. I'd like to get 8226, but I don't want to risk being moved later to a less desirable cabin .

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.

My second question arises from having read that if you're a party of two in a cabin that can accomodate 4, i.e. sofabed and pull down, that Celebrity can move you to a different cabin. I was wondering if they can do the same with cabins that have just the sofabed. I'd like to get 8226, but I don't want to risk being moved later to a less desirable cabin .

Thanks.

Stateroom 8226 just has a fold out sofabed, whereas 8230 has both the fold out and the upper berth. I seriously doubt you will be bumped out of 8226 for any reason. There are just too many fold out sofabeds on the ship for them to want to pick on you. I might be a little concerned if I had the sofa & upper, but I feel you will be fine in 8226.

Don't know if you would get bumped. Suppose it is a possibility.

But you do understand that it's not really a sofa bed, right? It is just a sofa. It does not fold out. They simply remove the back cushions and put an eggcrate on top. It is identical in every way to all the other ones (with exceptions of suites) on the ship. Nothing special.

It is my guess that they mark the 3 person rooms that way for figuring occupancy load. So they could technically make any room a 3 person room if they desired. Don't know if they would, but in theory they could.

We had a sofa bed in our cabin and it was next to the balcony doors

If you have booked a particular cabin, no they will not move you. Your TA may ask you but you can decline and it shouldn't happen too often as many cabins take 3 and 4.

I've been trying to figure out the layout of Eclipse cabin 9143 - is the bed near the bath or the balcony? I assume that this is just an average balcony size since it is not on the angle - am I right?

Thanks, in advance, for any light you can shed on this question.

I've been trying to figure out the layout of Eclipse cabin 9143 - is the bed near the bath or the balcony? I assume that this is just an average balcony size since it is not on the angle - am I right?

Thanks, in advance, for any light you can shed on this question.

Bed is by the bath.

Archived