Table for 4 alone?

Sew4me

Sailing on 5/22...with DH, and 2 DD's.

Want a table of our own.

What would anyone suggest I do in advance.

Thanks for the help...don't want to deal with it on the ship.

Cindyo

Did you book Anytime Dining? That way you can have a table to yourselves.

Did you book with a travel agent or directly with Carnival, are you Platinum?

It is fairly close to your sailing but you can try changing to Anytime Dining.

Book anytime dining so you walk up together and get seated together.

Carnival does not allow you to even pick a table size as a request so you have no control over it if you do traditional. If traditional and not happy, you can go to the matre d' and request a change, but no guarantees.

My first cruise was with a group of 7 family members. We were given a table for 8. Perfect. My next couple of cruises were my husband and I and my cousin and her husband. We were given a booth for four both times. We would head to the dining room as soon as we got on to check out table assignments and never had to ask to do anything about it. The only other cruise was with my immediate family, 5 of us, and we had a table for 6. It's always worked out for us. Hope it does for you, too! :)

Oh, by the way, it was always traditional dining, early seating!

Have you done the dining with others experience on a cruise before? If not, I highly recommend giving it a try. Our whole family (hubby, and two teenage sons) really enjoyed our tablemates on our cruise in 08. One family lived in a nearby suburb from us and had a son the same age as my youngest. We also enjoyed hearing what each group did during that day.

I wish Carnival would ask, at the time of reservation, what size table you would prefer. It seems like that would make for a lot less hassle in knowing what people want right up front, rather than making them all go do the dining room to find out the table size when getting on the ship and then many of them having to see the Maitre D to make changes.

I think it was RCI that did ask that question, so we were able to get the table size we wanted with no hassles.

DH and I are cruising on the Carnival Freedom next January with my Mom and her friend and we definitely want a table for 4. If we don't get it, we'll have to see the Maitre D.

Archived