Las olas ft lauderdale

flowy

The closest liquor store is Macabe Liquor about a mile east across the street. The closest place to buy wine is about 3 blocks away at CVS on US1. Las Olas is is not an area to look for reasonable shopping, but there are lots of reasonable restaurants:

Cheesecake Factory

Big City Tavern

Le Bonne Crepe

Noodles Panini

St. Tropez

The Floridian diner

Wild East

Cafe Europa

Grand Forno Pronto

Rocco's Tacos (noisy, but awesome, make reservations a week in advance)

Attached to Riverside is Cheesecake Restaurant which is open late. Chain Restaurant but very reasonable prices for food and wine. We had a late flight.

Within three blocks is a wonderful Deli with a good selection of wines. Probably 10% or so higher in price than Total Wine. I cannot remember what liquor they had. The street is very nice to stroll and there are nice cafes and restaurants. Riverside front desk will be very helpful.

Just booked riverside hotel. Any reasonable, fun restaurants and shopping around? Any one know of any close liquor stores? Thanks!!

I was hoping to do some cruise clothes shopping, however, I am guessing that I'll have to go to a Nordstroms or a Macys in a shopping mall. Are there any close ones there?

Thanks for all the restaurant ideas. We were hoping to do the water taxi one night as well. I remember a wonderful water taxi ride to a fish restaurant.

I was hoping to do some cruise clothes shopping, however, I am guessing that I'll have to go to a Nordstroms or a Macys in a shopping mall. Are there any close ones there?

Thanks for all the restaurant ideas. We were hoping to do the water taxi one night as well. I remember a wonderful water taxi ride to a fish restaurant.

Nordstroms is about 40 minutes away in Boca and Aventura. There are Macy's, Dillard's, and Neiman Marcus at Galleria Mall which you can get to by water taxi (Gallery One hotel stop is a block away). There is a water taxi stop about 2 blocks from your hotel. You can get to the mall by sun trolley or bus but will have to transfer. A taxi would cost no more than $20 each way.

You may have taken the water taxi to 15th St Fisheries (near the port) or Charley's Crab. Charley's is now the Chart House, next to the Shooters stop.

Royalcruz -- I have read many of your posts. They are wonderful.

Mediterranean was still closed being Sunday. Although it was only a year ago, all I remember is that the Deli had a variety of wines with racks along the wall. We got 4 bottles. But it was on the other side of the street of Riverside. We hoped we would again get Riverside on Priceline but for this Apr 2 we got Hilton Marina instead! Again we arrive at 11:30pm for 1 night.

Maybe that was Mediterranean Market (next to Mancini's)?

Royalcruz -- I have read many of your posts. They are wonderful.

Mediterranean was still closed being Sunday. Although it was only a year ago, all I remember is that the Deli had a variety of wines with racks along the wall. We got 4 bottles. But it was on the other side of the street of Riverside. We hoped we would again get Riverside on Priceline but for this Apr 2 we got Hilton Marina instead! Again we arrive at 11:30pm for 1 night.

Wow, I have no idea what that deli could be?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've stumped the local.

The last time I checked betterbidding the Riverside was 3* and Hilton Marina was 3.5* on Priceline. Usually people get either Riverside or Hyatt Place for 3*.

Didn't realize the Hilton had been downgraded to a 3.5 *. No wonder I had difficulty getting a 4* hotel downtown. I had to keep adding areas and finally won the Westin Beach resort for 4 nights in May. I'm happy though as we can walk everywhere. :)

Wow, I have no idea what that deli could be?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've stumped the local.

The last time I checked betterbidding the Riverside was 3* and Hilton Marina was 3.5* on Priceline. Usually people get either Riverside or Hyatt Place for 3*.

Priceline: I started with 4* went upto $95 at the same time kept adding 3*+ for $5 less. No luck. Then went down to $80 3* and got Hilton!

The store had coffee tea and some snacks and pastries. May be it was a mini fresh meat & seafood store. The large center part was where the employees were. All around the center part were the wine on one side and snacks etc on the other side!

I can't think of the name of it (may have to do with the wine) but next door to Big City Tavern is the cutest shop. They sell Sky tops and dresses and True Religion jeans.

Priceline: I started with 4* went upto $95 at the same time kept adding 3*+ for $5 less. No luck. Then went down to $80 3* and got Hilton!

The store had coffee tea and some snacks and pastries. May be it was a mini fresh meat & seafood store. The large center part was where the employees were. All around the center part were the wine on one side and snacks etc on the other side!

I got Riverside on Priceline for $100 a night. I'll let everyone know how that worked out. Anyone stay there thru Priceline? What can I expect? I had a hotel room at the Hilton Marina, however it was double the price. I just could not do it.

Great! A year ago I got it at the same Price through Priceline. We liked the hotel location and the wonderful service at Riverside given that we got there around 11:00 pm. We have had good rooms and poor location rooms through Priceline. At check-in politely ask about the floor and location of the room. Next morning we just strolled around Las Olas, had a light breakfast, got some wine and then about 12:30 took a cab to the Port. The ambiance of Las Olas is so much better than 17th St.

I got Riverside on Priceline for $100 a night. I'll let everyone know how that worked out. Anyone stay there thru Priceline? What can I expect? I had a hotel room at the Hilton Marina, however it was double the price. I just could not do it.

We stayed at the Riverside in November through priceline. When we checked in we were offered a upgrade to a balcony room in the newer section for $30.00. We did this and the room was great. We loved the hotel. I understand that the rooms in the older section are also very comfortable.

Stayed there via Priceline in Jan/2011. It was very nice. Due to mixed reviews on older rooms---we upgraded to a tower room for $20/ night.

There's a very good and fun Creperie about a block east across the street--had a great lunch there.

Liquor and a limited selection of wine and beer can be had at the very walkable CVS 4-5 blocks north and west of the hotel.

There is much specialty shopping and very expensive resortwear shoppes near the hotel. Better price and selection might be had at the Galleria which you can get to via water taxi.

We got the Riverside through Priceline for $90 for Feb. 19. We were in one of the Traditional rooms and it was wonderful, we were glad that we didn't upgrade because we felt that it was not necessary, our room was very clean and comfortable and we found the staff to be very friendly. My husband asked one of the bell hops to get a cab and he got the shuttle for just the two of us to the pier for $22 with tip. Our driver also offered to pick us up when we returned two weeks later for $9 each and take up to the airport.

Las Olas is a great place to window shop, and there is an awesome yogurt shop just down the street. We didn't eat in the area, so I can't help you out there.

We also stayed at the Riverside last month for two nights. Had a very clean room in the older section. No problems. Check out the nice secluded pool across a narrow street behind the hotel. Very nice and peaceful.

Thanks everyone -- I called Riverside and was very, very impressed with the professionality and caring of the staff. I look forward to our stay and will let everyone know how everything went. It seems it is a great location.

Archived