Live from the Sapphire March 19th to 26th Mexico rt

rlmosher

Thanks for your live thread! If you could let us know if Kelvin Joy will be staying on until May, it would be much appreciated. There are rumors that either Tim Donovan or Lee Childers may be on our April 30 cruise...:mad:

Thank you!

I am on the April 9th sailing of the Sapphire Princess and just got an email from Princess stating Tom Donovan is going to be the cruise director for that sailing.

I am on the April 9th sailing of the Sapphire Princess and just got an email from Princess stating Tom Donovan is going to be the cruise director for that sailing.

Well, it's good to know that its not Lee again. How is Tom? And we'll have Kelvin on the Golden on May 14th so he must be moving there when Tom is on board...

Katherine

Hi, if I can chime in on your question, and as a poker player too, they have an electronic poker table that has no dealer (at least on the Golden it is that way) and when you get a few players you have a game. All chip movements are done on the monitor in front of you and the cards flip up When you cup your hands on the screen. Kinda strange to get use to but it works. The rake is 10 percent so not a cheap table to sit at. I too am going on the 30th of April, see you at the table.

OK...I've seen these before. The Excalibur here in Las Vegas did an experiment where all their poker tables were this way for awhile.

http://www.pokertek.com/

10% rake with NO CAP? :eek:

Well we are back home and unpacked and the cruise was great. We did the self disembarkation for the first time. That was nice nice as we got on the road early. We were back to port about 15 min late because of the head wind on friday. The seas did calm down over night and we did make some head way. Now it,s time to wait for the next cruise.

TravelScholar: I don't know how they run it.

tljc0901: There is a time difference, but the ship time stays the same. that was nice not to have to change our clocks.

bonsai3s: They did do a sushi buffet on friday just outside the Horizon Court. That was the only time I saw it offered.

Well, it's good to know that its not Lee again. How is Tom? And we'll have Kelvin on the Golden on May 14th so he must be moving there when Tom is on board...

Katherine

It's Tim Donovan... Some folks here will swear by him, but I found him to be a bit boring. Personally, I don't interact with the CD much (who really does?), but I normally judge them by their wake-up show. Donovan's wake-up show was just a series of canned interviews with various departments on the ship. You could see that some were filmed in Alaska (we were on a Mexican Riviera cruise), so I thought the whole thing was a bit disingenuous. I really like some CD's wake-up shows which are good for a laugh first thing in the morning. Tim certainly wasn't as visible as other CD's I've sailed with. His staff was alright though...

It's Tim Donovan... Some folks here will swear by him, but I found him to be a bit boring. Personally, I don't interact with the CD much (who really does?), but I normally judge them by their wake-up show. Donovan's wake-up show was just a series of canned interviews with various departments on the ship. You could see that some were filmed in Alaska (we were on a Mexican Riviera cruise), so I thought the whole thing was a bit disingenuous. I really like some CD's wake-up shows which are good for a laugh first thing in the morning. Tim certainly wasn't as visible as other CD's I've sailed with. His staff was alright though...

I would agree about your comments about Tim, we spent 20 days with him in January, he got off on his holidays the day we got off, and now I find out he is back on the sapphire for our b2b ....

We usually love the morning shows, and love to write in and answer the questions and see what antics they are up to and a good laugh too. But if I have to hear tim's WHAAAAAAAAAATS UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP one more time I might puke. He never asked a trivia question and he never even provided paper for shout outs. The morning show was just a run down of what the patter said and interviews with depts about specials. We just stopped watching. We certainly didn't let it ruin our cruise and his staff was truely wonderful.

When are clocks set one hour ahead after leaving San Pedro and when are they set one hour back again to Pacific Time?

We never had to change our clocks. it remained the same the whole cruise. Ship time was different than the shore times in the ports.

Archived