another price drop lesson

cruise kitty

they had paid right around $2350 each, over the weekend the price went down to $1599 pp for a 1A, in their case it was worth it to take the penalty hit & still save a good amount, more than enough to cover a premium drink pkg. I noticed that the price was up again this morning, so they are lucky they jumped on it when they did. And yes, they wanted Istanbul, but this was the only cruise that worked with their wedding date & allowed them a decent pre cruise stay in rome.

WOW! That was quite a price drop. Odd that it dropped that much, and popped back up. Sounds more like airfare. Yes, your friends were very lucky to get that drop. ;) Lucky them!

Interestingly, our Jan. 2012 AQ hump on the Equinox has increased by $1100.00, since we booked and the March 2012, AQ hump on the same ship has indcreased by 100.00. As a matter of fact, in the last three years, all of our cruises have increased in price after our booking.

I would too, I'd also be willing to pay an upfront non refundable fee of say $100 to allow me to take advantage of future price drops.

I wouldn't be interrested in a non refundable, but would do a non refundable but transferable deposit.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on Solstice last may.T/A informed us that there was a price drop and we got a Double upgrade from C3 to Aqua class.when I checked on the internet I found that the Aqua Class cabin was almost $200.00 LESS than we had originally paid.T/A went to bat for us (at my request) and got us OBC for the difference.

Interestingly, our Jan. 2012 AQ hump on the Equinox has increased by $1100.00, since we booked and the March 2012, AQ hump on the same ship has indcreased by 100.00. As a matter of fact, in the last three years, all of our cruises have increased in price after our booking.

Same here...I am booked for july 2nd in C3 on the Eclipse and so far it has gone up $500..

Lucky. I booked a C3 on Eclipse for 12/3/2011 and its gone up $340 since I booked.

Ours have always gone up after booking, but then had drops, usually after final payment. Our current booking has had one good drop which we were able to take advantage of, it seems when there drops you have to be ready to jump on them, as they sometimes are offered for just a few hours.

Booked our 1C cabins in April 2010. Checked cabin prices the week before final payment date & noticed they had dropped in price. Cancelled & lost deposit but re-booked C3 cabins & still saved money. Just checked prices now & cabins that we cancelled are still available to book & the price is £1268.60 cheaper & the Father-in-Laws is £1281.60 cheaper. That's one big price drop. The Cabins that we re-booked have dropped by over £600 but have already paid the full amount. Will wait until after Final payment date next year. :mad:

Archived