Has anyone NOT used Peat Taylor tours?

Just wondering if there are other tours out there that people would recommend? Also, for those of you who have done the Dunns River Falls, would you do it again or rather just hang out in town and Margaritaville?

If your port of call is Ocho Rios you'll have time to do the falls and hang out at Margaritaville. If you're in Montego Bay that may be another story. But definitely do the falls!

We did not us Peat Taylor. That's in Grand Cayman right? We used Captain Marvins. It was great! Best snorkeling we've ever done and Sting Ray City was awesome!

We just toured with Peat last Wednesday in Ocho Rios. It was one of our best tours ever. I don't know why you would want to find anyone else!! That being said, some on our ship enjoyed Orville Taylor (i don't know if they're related), and I heard mixed reviews about Phil Lafayette. You can hear more about them both on the Ports of Call, Jamaica board. Don't miss the falls even if you don't climb, they're are many great views. We found Margaritaville to be underwhelming, so touristy....but only a short walk from the pier.

We used Phil Layfayette and had a great time, he was very watchful, a street vendor tried to give us local $$ for change and Phil was right there telling him not to! He adjusted our tour to what we wanted. We had a great time with him. His info is on the port of call boards.

We have used Peat Taylor and had a great time with him. We have also taken the 4X4 Jeep tour offered by the ship. It was fantastic. We saw a lot of the Jamaican countryside and the rum punch was free flowing. You can sit in a bar and drink at home why not "Get Out There"?

I would use him...as I have heard fantastic reviews all over this board about him...but I prefer the cat or sail excursions around the island (as I am not fond of the interior of the island). Does he do any boat tours? I usually do the cat snorkel/Dunn river falls/rum cruise thing that picks us up right at the dock.

Cheers!

I used Ionie McBeam last April in Ocho. I highly recommend her. You can contact her at ionie@ocho-rios.com tell her what you would like to see and do,and she will make up a tour for you. She is very friendly and knowlegable,and picks you up at the pier. She is prompt and her vans are air conditioned. Her price,as of last April,was $30 pp and the tour lasted 4 or 5 hrs. She is very good about answering your emails,and any questions you have,even before you book with her. As others have said, Do Not Miss the Falls. They are so pretty,and one of the best things I've seen anywhere.I was physically unable to actually climb them,but really enjoyed them anyway.

The best tour company in Jamaica, (IMHO), is A-Z Jamaica Planners. Belinda is the owner, she is from England, and she is wonderful. Very accommodating, she will custom arrange a tour for you. We did a private tour, I picked exactly what I wanted to do, I asked that we not go to any "tourist" stops, no flea markets, no stops at the driver's buddy to be pressured into buying something....no of that. We had a grand time. No pressures, no hassels...just what we wanted.

You can find them at http://www.a-zjamaicaplanners.com

We were in Ocho Rios on March 7 and Trevor was our tour guide. We chose him based on excellent reviews on this and other websites. I would highly recommend him, as he is pleasant, knowledgeable and hard-working. We e-mailed him with our ideas for a tour and he responded promptly with a very reasonable price quote. His e-mail address is trevorhudlin@hotmail.com. And do climb Dunn's River Falls - what great fun!

Archived