Parking question in brooklyn

NYCRUISR

We will be cruising on Caribbean Princess on June 4th. I read that there are 500 or so parking spots available at this pier. Doesn't seem like thats enough to be assured there will be a spot for you to park. Any info or input on this subject.

We have never left from NY area, always flying south to pick up ships there. This is a new experience for us.

Thanks in advance for your help.

..John :)

We will be cruising on Caribbean Princess on June 4th. I read that there are 500 or so parking spots available at this pier. Doesn't seem like thats enough to be assured there will be a spot for you to park. Any info or input on this subject.

We have never left from NY area, always flying south to pick up ships there. This is a new experience for us.

We parked there last year, in August. We got there early - about 11:15 - and parked right in front of the terminal. I'm not sure how many people drive to the terminal and park there, but I doubt it's that many, since most come from other areas of the country and other countries, therefore they fly or take other public transportation to NY. Keep in mind that there may be other ships there, too, which would make parking a bit tighter. Others may have a different experience, but I had no problem parking last year.

Have done it twice as recent as Last June 5 2010.It is so easy. Plenty of spots only aprox. 25 yards from car to front of ship another 30 yds to entrance of embarkation building.

You pull in and drop bags and people off ,drive another 50 yrd or so to go into parking lot.

I have always gotten their by 11 Am had my choice of front row or second each time.I have looked from my cabin or the pool deck at about 4 pm and still plenty of spots.

Of all the things to worry about this is not it.

Believe me because I worry about everything.

Jeff:)

We parked there last year, in August. We got there early - about 11:15 - and parked right in front of the terminal. I'm not sure how many people drive to the terminal and park there, but I doubt it's that many, since most come from other areas of the country and other countries, therefore they fly or take other public transportation to NY. Keep in mind that there may be other ships there, too, which would make parking a bit tighter. Others may have a different experience, but I had no problem parking last year.

There is room for only one ship in Red Hook. If QM2 is in port, Princess would dock in Manhattan. EM

We have sailed out of Red Hook four times and there were always plenty of parking spaces left as the ship was leaving the pier. You will not have any problem parking. It is also gated and patroled.

We've sailed out of Brooklyn twice. There's plenty of parking in their lot, I suspect because many people come there from the airports by cab.

Anyway, we'll be getting off the ship when you're getting on, so you can have our spot. :)

Sharon

We will be cruising with you in June. Glad to hear parking should not be an issue. We are driving up from PA in the morning, hope to get there by 11ish....:)

Have done it twice as recent as Last June 5 2010.It is so easy. Plenty of spots only aprox. 25 yards from car to front of ship another 30 yds to entrance of embarkation building.

You pull in and drop bags and people off ,drive another 50 yrd or so to go into parking lot.

I have always gotten their by 11 Am had my choice of front row or second each time.I have looked from my cabin or the pool deck at about 4 pm and still plenty of spots.

Of all the things to worry about this is not it.

Believe me because I worry about everything.

Jeff:)

Thanks Jeff,

I tend to isolate and focus on those little issues that "could be" a big deal. Thanks for the soothing words. I'll try not to worry...:o

...John

We've sailed out of Brooklyn twice. There's plenty of parking in their lot, I suspect because many people come there from the airports by cab.

Anyway, we'll be getting off the ship when you're getting on, so you can have our spot. :)

Sharon

Hi Sharon...... wait for us.....LOL:D

....John

I guess I will join in! I also parked here back in '08 on a QM2 sailing and arrived rather late.... 2:30 or so and found plenty parking. Also, my partners parents cruised out of Brooklyn a few years ago and was able to get parking. Besides I don't beleive they take reservations. I am sure all will go well......enjoy your cruise!

it has never been reported as full. They do have an area that can be made into an overflow area but it too has never been used. They just make the employees move elsewhere if there is a problem. even when the QM has been doing a round trip to New England and the Princess ship came the same week it has yet to be a problem....

people just don't drive there much. I didn't and I live in the area. Cheaper to use a car service.

Archived