Private Tours which Include Beach Time

Crazyone123

Any private tour can be customized however you like.

I highly recommend a private island tour with the taxi driver "Bully"

Questions on Bully Tours in Aruba??

Have Bully give you a private tour ending with a drop off at the beach and a prearranged pick up for return to the ship.

You could actually end your day with Bully when he drops you off at the beach and then take any taxi back to the ship at your convenience or even the public bus. All you have to do is make sure your bathing suits are dry. ;)

Jeep Tours are also very popular

BEST 4x4 Tour in Aruba?

http://www.abc-aruba.com/taylormade_safari.html private 4 X 4 tour

We took ArubaLisa's advice and went with Bully last month. She is right, he is GREAT! We have been on many island tours, of all shapes and sizes, but he is one of the best. We did exactly what Lisa suggested, he took us on an island tour and at the end we did some beach time.

Ighly recommend!

LAB

• 2 weeks later...
We took ArubaLisa's advice and went with Bully last month. She is right, he is GREAT! We have been on many island tours, of all shapes and sizes, but he is one of the best. We did exactly what Lisa suggested, he took us on an island tour and at the end we did some beach time.

Ighly recommend!

LAB

Never mind...I should have read the above link before asking a question. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We also used Bully for our day in Aruba. He is one of a kind! He showed us everything he thought was important - which was by our choice, we just asked him to show us "his island". Then he took us to the beach and came back as we requested. My two daughters fell in love with him and want to go back to see Bully and play at Bully's beach. I would never hesitate to recommend him and his taxi/tour

Absolutely Bully would take a party of 1 - 5 people. :)

5 people is the maximum number of people permitted by law. Taxis, including Bully charged $45 per hour for private tours. Again that is for any amount of people up to and including 5 people.

For a response from Bully, the reply will be from Amador Lacle. Also check your spam/junk folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Bully seems like a great guy, and has confirmed our trip in Aruba in June. We are looking forward to spending some time with him.

I have a couple of questions for those of you who know about this type of tour....

How many hours do you think we will need to....

*see some of Aruba (we are not big sightseers, but we'd like to see a little of the island)

*have a nice, leisurely seaside lunch

*spend some time on a nice beach (3 or 4 hours)

Do you think we could do this by booking Bully for 3 or 4 hours? We would probably need to end our tour with him at the beach, and then get our own transportation back to the ship, right?

Thanks for any info you can offer! We are looking forward to our day in Aruba!

Bully usually books 2 or 3 hour tours. If you take the 3 hour tour, you will see plenty of the island. He can drop you off at the beach or a snorkeling site. If you choose to snorkel, he will make arrangements to pick you up. There is a bus stop near there, but we found it easier to have him pick us up. We've done that several times with Bully. If you choose to have him drop you off at the beach, the bus stops are right in front along the beach road. Very easy.

Thanks so much for your info. One more question, please....

If we spend 3 hours with Bully touring, having lunch, and then going to the beach for a while, can we have him come back in a couple of hours to pick us up? Do we pay for those hours that he is not with us???

Thanks! Hope that's not a stupid question!

Sure, you can arrange for him to come back and pick you up. When he took us snorkeling, he dropped us off and came back at arranged time. He only charged us for the taxi trips, not the time we spent on the beach. I'm sure he will work that out for you.

Thanks so much for your help!

How long do you think we will need to see some of Aruba before lunch. Is an hour enough or should we plan for two hours sightseeing before lunch? We'd like to tour a little, have a nice seaside lunch, and then spend some time on the beach. Bully wants to know how much time we want to tour, and i really don't know how much we will need.

Any idea?

I guess that all depends on long you are going to be in port. If you are there all day, I'd spend at least two hours touring. The wild side of the island is really interesting. Aruba is so different from other islands because it is a desert.

...also if you have lunch at the beach you will kill two birds with one stone. There are plenty of places to have lunch beachside along Palm beach and a few on Eagle beach as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ivan was recommended by fellow CC members on the Prinsendam. They had used him for tour and beach.

We were just expecting a taxi drive to many of the scenic places in Aruba. Ivan put on a headset and gave the 4 of us a fantasic tour. All tours should be like Ivans. He spend quite a number of years training all the tour guides for Graylines on Aruba. Now he does tours himself.

He charges $135 for the 3 hours. He will take you where you want to go including beach time I believe.

His taxi is a Mercedes van that can handle I think is taxi handles 5 easily. If anyone is interested, I will send Ivan's e-mail address.

Ivan was recommended by fellow CC members on the Prinsendam. They had used him for tour and beach.

We were just expecting a taxi drive to many of the scenic places in Aruba. Ivan put on a headset and gave the 4 of us a fantasic tour. All tours should be like Ivans. He spend quite a number of years training all the tour guides for Graylines on Aruba. Now he does tours himself.

He charges $135 for the 3 hours. He will take you where you want to go including beach time I believe.

His taxi is a Mercedes van that can handle I think is taxi handles 5 easily. If anyone is interested, I will send Ivan's e-mail address.

I would be interested in Ivans e-mail address or info on how we can contact him. Thank you

I would be interested in getting Bully's and Ivan's contact info as well. The 4 of us will be in Aruba in October and are interested in a private tour that includes seeing the highlights of the island as well as snorkeling for a couple of hours. Does anyone know if you can rent snorkel gear right at any of the beaches or do you have to pick it up before you get there? What is the best beach to snorkel at from the shore that has lots of colorful fish?

Trudy

Bully's email address bullytaxi79@hotmail.com The reply will be from Amador Lacle. Check your spam/junk folder. ;)

I copied this from a previous post.

Boca Catalina

boca_catalinaa_sm.jpg click on thumbnail to enlarge

The snorkeling is a bit better at Catalina Cove, though it is rocky and a difficult entry

catalina_covea_sm.jpg click on thumbnail to enlarge

We are going to try the Arashi approach on our next trip. I think it will be less further to swim than Boca Catalina, as well as a much easier entry than Catalina Cove. Always test the currents before you go swimming off very far.

This aerial shot http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.6074851&lon=-70.0526583&z=17&l=0&m=b shows Arashi top screen, Catalina Cove middle (unlabeled unless you zoom further) and Boca Catalina lower screen

I have further information and photos of this area here

There are no facilities at any of the above, with minimal shade from trees or palapas at Boca Catalina and Arashi. Boca Catalina and Arashi will be busy this time of year with vacationers staying in private homes or apartments, even more so on weekends when locals are off from work. So if possible, for the best spot, get there early.

Hello Sharon

would you mind sending me Ivan's email addy - thanks

srappinfun@hotmail.com

Bully's email address bullytaxi79@hotmail.com The reply will be from Amador Lacle. Check your spam/junk folder. ;)

I copied this from a previous post.

Boca Catalina

boca_catalinaa_sm.jpg click on thumbnail to enlarge

The snorkeling is a bit better at Catalina Cove, though it is rocky and a difficult entry

catalina_covea_sm.jpg click on thumbnail to enlarge

We are going to try the Arashi approach on our next trip. I think it will be less further to swim than Boca Catalina, as well as a much easier entry than Catalina Cove. Always test the currents before you go swimming off very far.

This aerial shot http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.6074851&lon=-70.0526583&z=17&l=0&m=b shows Arashi top screen, Catalina Cove middle (unlabeled unless you zoom further) and Boca Catalina lower screen

I have further information and photos of this area here

There are no facilities at any of the above, with minimal shade from trees or palapas at Boca Catalina and Arashi. Boca Catalina and Arashi will be busy this time of year with vacationers staying in private homes or apartments, even more so on weekends when locals are off from work. So if possible, for the best spot, get there early.

Hi Arubalisa,

Thanks for Bully's email address as well as the info on the beaches in the area!! How's Baby Beach for snorkeling? Are there fish in the cove area or do you have to swim out into the channel to see them?

Trudy

Archived