Kids Get Cards and Charging Privileges?

bdklein

Hello,

My kids will be 8 and 11-on the GEM if that matters. Do they get their own card? With charging privileges? If so, can I set them up with a limit? Or not give them any money. You know how those sodas and video games can add up.:) Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello,

My kids will be 8 and 11-on the GEM if that matters. Do they get their own card? With charging privileges? If so, can I set them up with a limit? Or not give them any money. You know how those sodas and video games can add up.:) Thanks in advance for any assistance.

you can set it up any way you like, either with no charge privileges or allow so much by putting a limit. You will do this when you check in.

Nita

While i have no sailed on NCL yet, i think the process should be similar to like other lines where you can change way how the kids cards is set up during online checkin or at guest services.

Every passenger will get a ship card that is used to open up your room and for charging, to prevent the charging from the card from working stop by guest services.

Nice thing on Epic is you can check your onboard account right on your TV in your room. We put a daily limit on the arcade spending for each kid and they knew not to exceed because we checked the account on the TV often. Our 12 year old with the soda card felt like he was a king.

This is why I love Cruise Critic so much, answers to questions I never thought about asking. We're taking our 9 and 11 yr old grandsons on the Epic in ten days, and although this is their third NCL cruise, its their first without mom and dad. I can see them racking up staggering numbers at the arcade, and this thread is a reminder to set limits on their cards.;) Thanks for posting.:D

Archived