Freedom or Miracle? Which would you choose?

Jules~Marie

Hey everyone, just a quick question!

My husband and I are looking to book our next cruise for March 2012. We just came off the Liberty in January, sailed Eastern Caribbean. In 2007 we sailed the Western Caribbean on the Miracle.

We now would like to go to the Southern Caribbean, but we're having a hard time choosing which cruise to take.

They have 2 options for us right now:

Freedom- going to Grand Turk, La Romana DR, Curacao, and Aruba. 3 fun days, 4 ports...

We were just on the Liberty, and from what I've read, it seems the Freedom is uglier and not as nice as the Liberty. Is this true?

OR

Miracle-going to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. 4 fun days, 3 ports.

Our problem is we can't figure out which cruise will be better for us. We've already been on the Miracle, but like I pointed out to my husband, we stay in the same hotel rooms whenever we go on any other vacation, so what's so wrong with going on the same boat twice? I have always wanted to go to St. Lucia, but I think 4 fun days might be a lot.

With the Freedom, I've read the ship isn't all that great, but it does go to 4 ports, one of which has a Beach Break with open bar. :D We didn't have any of those offered on the Liberty and we kind of missed that. Also, my husband is looking forward to going to Aruba. We've already been to Grand Turk, did the dune buggy tour and went all over the island, so that port really wont offer us anything new...

Which would you choose? The ships don't really matter so much to me, I'm just curious about which cruise has the best ports this time around. The Miracle wasn't all that fabulous to me from what I remember, but if the Freedom really is as ugly as everyone says, maybe I don't want to be going on that boat? :confused: Sorry, guess this "quick question" wasn't so quick.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give!

Jules- Marie

I would pick the Miracle, I just got off the ship this past Saturday.I have been on both ship and I like the Miracle the best.As far as the island go I have been to all of them that you listed.I will rate them for you the I see them.

1-Grand Turks

2-Aruba

3-St Maarten

4-St Kitts

5- St Lucia

6-Curacao

7- La Romana

I think they are both great ships. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the decor on the Freedom when I was on it.

You should go on one itinerary now and the other one later. I would pick the one that is the least expensive right now.

I prefer the Miracle, simply because I like the Spirit class ships. The Freedom layout is identical to that of the Liberty. I did find the Liberty to be one of the more beautiful Carnival ships, second only to the Miracle, IMHO. But that being said, we did not have any problem at all with the Freedom and had a wonderful time on the ship. If you prefer Conquest class ships, then go with Freedom; if you like Spirit class go with Miracle.

Of course, you have to take your itinerary into account. We did the Miracle to St. Maarten, St. Kitts and St. Lucia and loved it. St. Lucia was especially lush and beautiful. We did Consol's tour there with several members of our roll call and had a wonderful day. On your Freedom itinerary, we have only been to Grand Turk, but love it. It's almost like spending a day at a private island as the beach and pool (and Margaritaville) are right there when you get off the ship.

Both are lovely ships and I know you will have a great time no matter which ship you choose!

Hey everyone, just a quick question!

My husband and I are looking to book our next cruise for March 2012. We just came off the Liberty in January, sailed Eastern Caribbean. In 2007 we sailed the Western Caribbean on the Miracle.

We now would like to go to the Southern Caribbean, but we're having a hard time choosing which cruise to take.

They have 2 options for us right now:

Freedom- going to Grand Turk, La Romana DR, Curacao, and Aruba. 3 fun days, 4 ports...

We were just on the Liberty, and from what I've read, it seems the Freedom is uglier and not as nice as the Liberty. Is this true?

OR

Miracle-going to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. 4 fun days, 3 ports.

Our problem is we can't figure out which cruise will be better for us. We've already been on the Miracle, but like I pointed out to my husband, we stay in the same hotel rooms whenever we go on any other vacation, so what's so wrong with going on the same boat twice? I have always wanted to go to St. Lucia, but I think 4 fun days might be a lot.

With the Freedom, I've read the ship isn't all that great, but it does go to 4 ports, one of which has a Beach Break with open bar. :D We didn't have any of those offered on the Liberty and we kind of missed that. Also, my husband is looking forward to going to Aruba. We've already been to Grand Turk, did the dune buggy tour and went all over the island, so that port really wont offer us anything new...

Which would you choose? The ships don't really matter so much to me, I'm just curious about which cruise has the best ports this time around. The Miracle wasn't all that fabulous to me from what I remember, but if the Freedom really is as ugly as everyone says, maybe I don't want to be going on that boat? :confused: Sorry, guess this "quick question" wasn't so quick.

I would go with the Freedom...I love Aruba and would go on a dingy to get there. I think the ports are the #1 thing to consider and #2 the boat. It may be ugly but its vacation, sunny and has lots of things to do.

.....we never have a bad cruise, but this one just did not compare to the other cruises we've done. Don't know if it was because of the ports or the ship staff.

The Miracle however, is our favorite ship. This August will be my son's 3rd time on her and my 4th. The itinerary you are looking at was the best Miracle cruise we have done to date.

Go do the Miracle, you won't be disappointed!

:D

wasiii

The Freedom!! More ports and better itinerary.

Thanks everyone for the great responses!

Unfortunately, my husband and I are not very good decision makers. :rolleyes: After reading through the posts, we decided to go with the Miracle, but then we said we wanted to do both itineraries, so we should do the Freedom now and hopefully when we're ready to do the St. Lucia, St. Kitts route, there'll be a new ship going that way...man, what a bad position to be in. Deciding which cruise to take, I love it! :p

Looks like Miracle will win out since it's less expensive than the Freedom right now. :D

Thanks again!

Archived