P&O get date wrong on Grand Event!!!

Single Cruiser

Even better - on the old fashioned postcards - all the cruises are listed as being from the 3rd to the 24th July 2012 and then how many nights each cruise actually is.

The Oriana short break sounds like particularly good value at £399 per person for an inside cabin for 21 nights!!

Feebee_71

Yes you've just made me read through the material again and it is littered with errors! You'd have thought that it had of been checked, checked and double checked before it went to print:rolleyes:

I know years ago if something was priced incorrectly it had to be provided at that price (years ago as a Saturday girl at a well known health food shop I priced a health suppliment at 80p instead of £8.00 and the old girl that bought it regularly snapped up the 10 packets on the shelf and there was nothing we could do)

Shall we launch a challenge with P&O? I fancy 21 nights on the Oriana for £399 - in fact I may book a suite!:D

Sometimes, the PR company makes the mistakes. My daughter works in PR and lots of errors occur. Literature is checked, checked and checked again but dates and other errors may not be obvious, so slip through, and before you know it, they have gone to print.

Now, where's that 21 night suite on Oriana? Need to beat SeaSickGill :D

I know years ago if something was priced incorrectly it had to be provided at that price (years ago as a Saturday girl at a well known health food shop I priced a health suppliment at 80p instead of £8.00 and the old girl that bought it regularly snapped up the 10 packets on the shelf and there was nothing we could do)

Unless it had been rung through the till then you could have refused to sell it. I think what you mean is that policy was to honour prices - which is another thing.

WD

Did the flyer come direct from P&O or from a TA? I have looked through all the bumf that came to me and it all says 2012!

As for the £399 for 24 nights - this is what happens when English Grammar isn't taught any more!! One missing word can change the whole meaning of a sentence !!!!

Did the flyer come direct from P&O or from a TA? I have looked through all the bumf that came to me and it all says 2012!

As for the £399 for 24 nights - this is what happens when English Grammar isn't taught any more!! One missing word can change the whole meaning of a sentence !!!!

I got it emailed, but it was clearly a flyer/leaflet that they probably printed, they had the headline right but the actual cruise details were wrong. P&O re-sent another email out last night with corrections.

With the postcards, if they had left out the '-tues 24th Jul 2012' then it would have all made sense. Looks like a copy & paste job from the Adonia advert to me.

In regards to the email, at least it explains why I got a couple of copies of the same thing - I opened the first one glanced through it and deleted it. The second one I simply deleted without even opening it.

Feebee_71

Archived