Navigator review (March 7-12)

It's a few weeks late but...

It was great. The ship is in great shape IMO (deck railings? come on!) The staff was polite, friendly and helpful. The bars were great (haven't met a bad 1 yet haha). The food in the MDR was really good and the folks at our table were very nice. We thought of going to a specialty but skipped it because the MDR was fun and the food was good! We got a 10 bottle wine package and it worked out perfectly for us. (I had a bottle of red and wife had a bottle of white each night.) If you don't finish you take it and your glass with you and head out to a show or bar drinks in hand!

The spring breakers on board were not too bad. Just blowing off some steam. We only had 1 real issue with a girl who was bleep-faced being a loud mouth, dropping f bombs and such while we and others were in the cosmo club watching the sunset (beautiful). The staff did handle it ok though. They really fired her up when they refused to serve her!! hahaha (almost made it worth the noise) She was "not drrruuunk" and wanted to "speeaakk ta da maganer" blah blah blah priceless!!

Dungeon nightclub was PACKED but fun, and the club 20 night as well as the buffet and deck party were a blast too. Unfortunately we can't party like we are 21 any more as the AM becomes a nightmare!! But we did ok I think!

Labadee was a nice do nothing day at the beach which was awesome. Falmouth should be skipped until it is done IMO. We had a good time and shuttled to the shops but It just seemed unfinished (which it is). Should be very nice when done.

We refer to this as our 1st cruise...we went on an NCL ship 3 years ago and it was brutally bad! Not even close to the experience we had on the Navigator. Awesome time...met some great people some of which we only saw on the 1st day! (Tommy and Joanne, Anthony and Stephanie we should have hooked up again and had a drink!)

Thanks to all the info pre trip from the cruise critic members...It was a great help. Thinking of going on the NOS?? GO!!!!!

We were on the same sailing on Navigator and had a great experience too! :) Weather was terrific. We didn't get off the ship at Jamaica and enjoyed a quiet day at the pool. I agree that when it is finished it will be nice. In Labadee we took the excursion to Malfini beach which was advertised as private secluded beach. It was nice, about 20 or so people took a small boat over, but it was only 3 hours there, so we were taken back at around 12:30 and we didn't want to start searching for a seat by the beach so went back on board. Wouldn't do that again. Thinking about booking Freedom on Oct 16. Still unsure. :):)

I was on the Navigator last week and also found the ship to be in good ship. This is clearly the best ship you can imagine for a trip of 4-5 days. Some of the questions you read on the board are just inane - like are the railings on the Navigator varnished? Gimme a break. For anyone who goes on this ship and doesn't have a good time it is the fault of the individual and not the cruise line. I recommend the ship and Royal Caribbean highly.

Thanks for your review. My husband and I will be taking our daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren (9,12,15) on Navigator in June (Eastern Med) and I was wondering about some of the complaints that sounded rather minor to me. We're spending 4 days in Rome before the cruise and 5 days in Paris afterwards so I was hoping that seeing all those sights would make up for any inconveniences we might encounter.

The kids are used to auto trips and campgrounds so I can't imagine what they might complain about.

Thanks for the great review! We will be sailing on her this upcoming Thursday! :D
Same here!

Are there any "must-do's" while on the Navigator?

This will be my first time on a voyager class ship and also my first time in an aft balcony.

I've heard that for lunch on embarkation day, it's easier and less crowded to go to the Promenade instead of Windjammers. Any other helpful hints inclusive to voyager class ships I should know?

Thanks in advance!:)

Same here!

Are there any "must-do's" while on the Navigator?

This will be my first time on a voyager class ship and also my first time in an aft balcony.

I've heard that for lunch on embarkation day, it's easier and less crowded to go to the Promenade instead of Windjammers. Any other helpful hints inclusive to voyager class ships I should know?

Thanks in advance!:)

The "peek-a-boo" bridge is very cool, and is exclusive to the Voyager class. Just go forward on deck 11 (through and to the side of the Solarium) and you'll find it. :)

Thanks for the review. We wil be on the Navigator April 9th..

Can't wait.

I get upset when I hear people complain about the Navigator. If a little missing varnish upsets you, than you have big problems. You will love the ship! We sailed last year for 12 nights. I have to say the carpet was a tiny bit worn in the halls, but WHO CARES!? The ship is beautiful and the staff was AMAZING. We travel often and the entire family loved this vacation the most to date. We are headed for an 11 night Holy land cruise on May 23 on the Mariner. I am HOPING (fingers crossed) the trip is even half as good as our Navigator cruise. Have a great time!

Thanks for the great review. As usual the reviews are always mixed so it was nice to hear somebody enjoyed the NOS. I ran into the same thing a year ago March when we went on the Indy and found the ship and everything about the cruise topnotch and amazing. I booked this cruise as a surprise for my husbands birthday and am planning on kidnapping him from work at 9 am on the Thursday, April 14th and will head to Ft lauderdale from there :) Two weeks from today we will be on deck with drink in hand enjoying not being at work !!!!!!!!

Archived