Odd shaped cabins Conquest Class

KellyJ

Hello Everyone,

DH and I are looking at cruises for Nov/December 2012. OK-I am a planner so flame away. On the CCL website the "premium balcony" cabins on ES are listed as the same price as the regular cabins.

These include Upper deck cabins 6442, 6450, 6473 and 6481 on the Conquest class ships. Has anyone stayed in these odd shaped cabins and what is in the void on the deckplans (crew rooms, stairways, etc.)? Are they noisy? Do you like them?

I was interested because the balcony is longer, but the cabin is the same price. DH has to have a balcony so he can drink his coffee out there in the a.m., but was trying to go as "cheaply as possible" but still keep him happy.

We had cabin 6481 on Conquest and loved it. It was tucked well away and very quiet. The balcony is longer and the bed faces the sea which we really liked. There was no sofa in the cabin but it did have a chair as I recall but the weather was nice enough to be sitting outside anyway so this didn't worry us. Glad I'm not the only one planning holidays so far in advance!

Host Mach-great!! Wanted to know if that is one of the secret gem cabins the only CCers know about.

Princess123-Thanks. DH wants to stay port side since our three cruises our cabins have been on the starboard, but I am glad you liked the cabin.

I figure PORT or STARBOARD-it is on a cruise ship-how bad can the cabin be? Even a bad cabin beats my office anyday.

Host Mach-great!! Wanted to know if that is one of the secret gem cabins the only CCers know about.

Princess123-Thanks. DH wants to stay port side since our three cruises our cabins have been on the starboard, but I am glad you liked the cabin.

I figure PORT or STARBOARD-it is on a cruise ship-how bad can the cabin be? Even a bad cabin beats my office anyday.

The only issue you might have would be a bit of noise from below. You're above the Degas Lounge where the Punchliner Comedy Club is and, on occasion, karaoke...

:)

We had 6450 on the Freedom a couple of years ago. The balcony was heavenly! Because of the configuration of the room, there was no sofa but that was a small trade-off for the extra room on the balcony. As far as noise from below, we could hear it in the bathroom and in the hallway outside, but not in the room itself for some reason. No noise from the stairway at all. I would be more concerned about noise in 6473 & 6442. I do remember reading some posts at the time that these cabins were noisier.

Host Mach-DH and I will probably be at the Comedy Club, so that will probably eliminate that issue. The new punchliners is one of the reasons we wanted to cruise Carnival-(have cruised Princess, HAL, and RCCL).

jmcan cruise-do you have a link for your hubby's review. I would love to read it or if you can tell me which ship and date I can probably search it to find it.

cruisebie-just the chair would be fine with us it is only the two of us. Sometimes I think they try to put too much furniture in the cabins. Great if you have need for more seating but a pain to have to move around in a small cabin.

Thanks for all of the replies. I will talk to DH about maybe being on the starboard side again so we won't be over the stage of the Lounge(where the microphone would be).

Archived