Will Adv. Ocean staff help newly potty trained 3 y.o.?

We're sailing on Sunday(!) on the Allure and want to know if the staff at Adventure Ocean would be willing to 1) remind our little guy (3 1/4) to go to the potty, and 2) help him if necessary (mostly just on pulling his underpants/shorts back up)?

His older sibs (twin 7 y.o.) will be there at the same time, but in a separate group. I don't foresee us leaving the little one there as much as the older kids, but while he's there will they be able to help if the staff won't/can't?

Thanks!

ChicagoBound's wife

CB's wife, you may want to post this question on the "Family Boards" as well, since they're all experienced in cruising with kids.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

I thought I remembered someone writing about a "3 strikes and you're out" policy regarding toileting, but I don't remember which cruise line it was...

This is unfortunate but I don't think it's a matter of they won't, I don't think they can help them for insurance purposes. All kinds of accusations could be made and liability would surely be a issue and the cruise line may just be trying to protect themselves. I feel for you as when we were potty training our grandbaby it can really suck if you don't stay consistent. Hopefully you may be able to mention to the staff and they can keep an eye and try to remind him. They always start doing the potty dance so it's kinda obvious. And I'm sure if he comes out of the bathroom with his pants at his ankles, someone will surely pull them up for him. The worst of it is you have to start again when you get home. :p Have a great time!

We took our son on the Freedom when he was just learning to potty train. He would stay dry for about 2 hours at a time. We asked the staff to remind him, which they did. He also had an accident there and they were so cool about it. They even gave him a pair of shorts.

We also did try to pop in every two hours or so and take him ourselves.

It actually worked out way better than I thought it would.

I have a question about the late night party zone, though. Do you think they would allow a pull up under the pj's?

We took our son on the Freedom when he was just learning to potty train. He would stay dry for about 2 hours at a time. We asked the staff to remind him, which they did. He also had an accident there and they were so cool about it. They even gave him a pair of shorts.

We also did try to pop in every two hours or so and take him ourselves.

It actually worked out way better than I thought it would.

I have a question about the late night party zone, though. Do you think they would allow a pull up under the pj's?

I dont know why they wouldn't. They wont change it, and as long as its not stinky, nobody will really know. Worst that will happen is they will call you. Late night starts at 10 and goes until 1, that is my daughters favorite time at AO.

The ships that have the Royal Tots and Babies program (Oasis, Allure, Liberty and now Freedom) will deal with diapers.

The others will not.

The child must be completely potty trained and able to use the facilities unassisted.

Wrong.

Allure and Oasis are great for the "under 3" group and the un-potty trained...so far, they are the only ships that WILL deal with potty issues!

Right.

The ships that have the Royal Tots and Babies program (Oasis, Allure, Liberty and now Freedom) will deal with diapers.

Archived