Retreat Cabana Questions

Amolin

Just booked a cruise on the Eurodam for next winter and definately want to reserve a retreat cabana. How many people are allowed per cabana? Is water, fruit etc. provided? Is this included? Is there service from the bar? How easy is it to get to the pool? Is there anything else you can tell me about this? If you have used these - was it worthwhile? Thanks!

it is not easy to get to the pool as there are no direct stairs down to there

Lido Cabanas

Rental Period: Full day, 09:00am to 05:00pm

Price: $30 for port days and $50 for sea days, $199 for our 7 day cruise.

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Includes following services:

• Towel Setup
  • Bathrobes
  • Handheld fans
  • I-Pod with preloaded music selection
  • Discount on selected spa services for days in port only
  • 1 Evian Mister per cabana
  • Chilled water bottles setup
  • Chilled fruit skewers served at 10:00 am
  • Fruit Basket
  • Small menu for lunch service: we will serve poolside favorites in the cabanas as requested from either the Lido and the pool grill during regular opening hours
  • Ice-cream tray silver service at 02:00 pm: tray with assortment of ice-cream and favorite condiments
  • Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of house champagne at 03:00 pm

The Retreat Cabanas

Rental Period: Full day, 09:00am to 05:00pm

Price: $45 for port days and $75 for sea days, $299 for our 7 day cruise.

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Includes following services:

• Towel Setup
  • Bathrobes
  • Handheld fans - in case no ceiling fans will be installed
  • I-Pod with preloaded music selection
  • Discount on selected spa services for days in port only
  • 1 Evian Mister per cabana
  • Chilled water bottles setup
  • Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of champagne at 03:00pm
  • Food service Island with following offerings: all food items will be served in small glass or porcelain cups. Healthy breakfast options like yogurts, cereal and muesli, fresh sliced fruit, a variety of "healthy bites" sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit juices and yogurt/buttermilk drinks at lunch and afternoon

FAMILY RETREAT Cabana - FOR 4 ADULTS with 4 loungers

$65 port days, $115 sea days

up to 7 days - $449

up to 10 days $599

up to 15 days $799

up to 20 days $899

more than 20 days $59/day

If you want easy access to the pool I would recommend a lido cabana, but if you want privacy and your own area without a lot of chaos choose the retreat cabana. We just returned from the Eurodam and had a family cabana. It was definitely worth it for us. We were four adults and a toddler. It was a great meeting place and had excellent amenities. We had water supplied daily and if we didn't drink it all with us we would just take it with us to our room. Watch your bill though, my parents room steward tried to charge them for two bottles of water and it took an act of congress to get the charges removed. We received Evian spray misters on the first day, but only once again did they give us one as they saw my son like to play with it. We did have a fresh fruit basket daily and champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered daily. You could ask for pretty much anything from the stewards. The crow's nest is just a few steps away so drink orders were easy to place or you could go get your own (happy hour!) They also have a menu that is for the retreat cabanas to order from. After those hours you can still get a limited variety of food to be delivered. Hope that helps. We loved our retreat experience!

A cabana to me should be a luxurious, indulgent and peaceful experience. That is what the Retreat Cabanas are all about. The lido cabanas are noisy, smelly (chlorine from the pool & cooking burgers and fries from the snack bar). Lido cabanas are in reality just a reserved lounger in a very public area. The air in the lido area is stagnant, the retreat always has a wonderful sea breeze. Lido: tumult, Retreat:tranquility. It is very simple to get to the pool from the retreat. Anyone who differs from my post is in denial or just trying to justify their penuriousness.

• 4 weeks later...

If you don't book it fpr the week before you get on the ship (retreat not by the pool) you will never get it if it is a Caribbean cruise. It is wonderful. They are for 2 people unless you book the family one which is for 4 people. It is not a place for kids.

I'm not sure why the previous poster feels it is not a place for kids. Obviously you would not want loud and rowdy kids, but we had our 15 month old with us in the family retreat cabana and loved our experience. There were at least two other families that were also using the cabanas with children and everyone was well behaved. No problems at all.

A cabana to me should be a luxurious, indulgent and peaceful experience. That is what the Retreat Cabanas are all about. The lido cabanas are noisy, smelly (chlorine from the pool & cooking burgers and fries from the snack bar). Lido cabanas are in reality just a reserved lounger in a very public area. The air in the lido area is stagnant, the retreat always has a wonderful sea breeze. Lido: tumult, Retreat:tranquility. It is very simple to get to the pool from the retreat. Anyone who differs from my post is in denial or just trying to justify their penuriousness.

I would imagine that the retreat cabanas are great, they looked great on the Eurodam, but your description of a Lido Cabana is ridiculous and in no way corresponds to our experience. There was no chlorine smell and no burger smell, we had a great breeze and the "noise" was normal pool deck noise and the live band, never a deterrent from relaxation or enjoyment. Your last sentence is worthy only of a web troll, since $199 versus $299 is hardly extravagance.

Our party has booked a family cabana for our upcoming Eurodam Med. cruise. We're looking at it as our 'excursion' for our sea day, even though we booked it for the week. Obviously we won't be using it too much for the rest of the week, though, because of other excursions. Seems worth it to us. Hope there aren't too many kids. We'd like it to be relaxing and quiet.

We booked a Retreat Cabana for the week on our Eurodam cruise in October of 2009. My wife and I agreed it was the best money we've spent during a cruise. I think most of your questions about what is included have been answered, but I wanted to comment that it is definitely worth it if relaxation is a priority on your cruise vacation. Some photos of our cabana experience can be seen at the link below.

http://www.pbase.com/510picker/october_2009_cruise

I am then in denial and pernurious :D

To be fair, we rented neither, but the Lido cabana looked much more appealing. We sat at tables and loungers near them, and talked to people in them. The air was fine, and I like being near the pool. I also perfered the light curtains as a partition, as compared to the plastic tents of the Retreats. You could close the curtains on the Lido cabanas if you really wanted privacy, and the lounger in them looked really comfortable, kinda like a bed really.

If I wanted privacy, I'd go back to my cabin and have a nice glass of my wine on the verandah

To me the retreat is the crack cocaine of cruising...in fact I will most likely only sail on the Nieuw Amsterdam, or the Eurodam because of them..but I don't care where it goes in the Caribbean as long as it's hot.

Loved the Cabana..the only thing we had to ask for was the avian misters, just a note if you say order a bucket of beers, and you don't finish them all there is a fridge there that the stewards use and they will keep them for you..just good to know.

To me the retreat is the crack cocaine of cruising...in fact I will most likely only sail on the Nieuw Amsterdam, or the Eurodam because of them..but I don't care where it goes in the Caribbean as long as it's hot.

Loved the Cabana..the only thing we had to ask for was the avian misters, just a note if you say order a bucket of beers, and you don't finish them all there is a fridge there that the stewards use and they will keep them for you..just good to know.

Amen, Sista!!!

My family is sailing on a 22-day Eurodam cruise to The Baltic, Norway and The British Isles this summer. I would love to reserve a Retreat Cabana but due to the length, port intensity and variable weather of our cruise I am wondering if I should wait and book only at sea days when I get on the ship.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leslie

My family is sailing on a 22-day Eurodam cruise to The Baltic, Norway and The British Isles this summer. I would love to reserve a Retreat Cabana but due to the length, port intensity and variable weather of our cruise I am wondering if I should wait and book only at sea days when I get on the ship.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leslie

I suggest you call to find out how booked the cabanas are already. On our March cruise, all the retreat cabanas were booked at least two weeks before the cruise, and there was only one Lido cabana available on a daily basis. The truth is, there is just such a limited supply of cabanas, that it may not be possible to only book a sea day... especially if you are not among the first to embark the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I must agree with your post. I call ship services before booking a cruise to make sure that Retreat Cabanas are available for the cruise we are interested in.

The Retreat area is so nice, uncrowded, and quiet, and you are very well taken care of by the attendants.

Archived