Capri Chair Lift - Weight Limit??

CruiseLiz

We are planning on visiting Capri in May on a cruise. One of the things that looks like a lot of fun is the chair lift up to Mt. Solara. But I'm a little concerned if there is a weight/size limit....

My husband is 6'4 and weighs over 300 lbs, my sister is also coming with us and she is not a tiny gal either - will this be a problem on the chair lift? Please let me know your experience.

TIA!!

You are wise to check this out in advance, and quite thoughtful. The web site for the engineering company that runs the chair lift, the seggiovia in Italian, is here: http://www.capriseggiovia.it/eng/index.html. You'll find that they give an e-mail address for information as info@montesolaro.it. It think it would be best to write to them for the information you want.

Thanks. I don't think it will be an issue, but I love my family and don't want them to feel uncomfortable on our beautiful day in Capri. I sent an email to them (though the email you posted did not work for me, I found 2 emails on the website you gave.) Hopefully they will reply.

I'm kind of hoping that someone here has experience w/ a heavier person on the chair lift.....if someone has this experience, please do post!

I received an email from the chair lift folks & they told me that the chair lift is designed to carry up to 250 kg which equals 551 lbs.

Obviously that won't be a problem weight-wise for anyone in my party. Just wanted to post it here in case anyone else had the same question or if they do a search in the future. :)

We love this particular chair lift and have often posted that we think its one of the best bargains in Italy. That being said, we also like to post a caution. The chairs are single chairs and are of a very open design. There is a safety chain, but that would not be enough to make anyone comfortable who has a fear of heights. For those that can handle the height issue it is lots of fun and you want to have your camera in your hands when you ride the chair. Lots of photo ops on this lift.

Hank

• 2 months later...

Don't forget the view from the overlook at the top. Spectacular. Also, I was a little worried about getting on and off by myself. Not to worry, they have some strong guys whose jobs are to push you on and pull you off while the thing is moving.:D

It's a great ride - both up and down. Loved it!

[ATTACH]190441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]190442[/ATTACH]

From where?

From Marina Grande on Capri, the easiest way is to take a taxi. Not the cheapest, but certainly the easiest.

Sorry, That would help! From the Naples Port. We are on Celebrity in October. Thanks

From the cruise port, which is at Molo Angioino, simply walk to the next pier, Molo Beverello. You will see an electronic sign on the building as you walk there that shows the ferry and hydrofoil schedule (see attached tumbnail picture from February 2011); simply choose the next one going to Capri and purchase a ticket.

The boat will drop you at Marina Grande on Capri. From there you can either take a bus or a taxi to Anacapri, where you get the chair lift.

October is a lovely time to be on Capri; generally still beautiful weather but without the crushing crowds of the summer.

232.jpg.0b77e25a72c32dbd8b8d15ed1c732d37.jpg

Archived