new and NOT-improved Cunard website

vivavino

Hi Saladmuncher.

I remember you bringing this point up on here last month on this thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1377768

You said Cunard replied to your email by saying "that the deal was so low that the 5% was not applicable to this deal".

This does seem to be the case and whether you have sailed with Cunard before or not, the fare is the same for everyone.

You find out the price after you have entered your date of birth (not that that has anything to do with it) - but it's 5% across the board for anyone that has travelled at least once with Cunard - so you could always looks at the prices as a non-member and then take 5% off I guess..

Chris

The CWC members discount can be more generous than 5% depending on the voyage. For the May TA which we booked last October, the difference as currently shown on the site between non-member and member fares is almost 15% - at least in the grills. Shortly after booking a PG stateroom we received in the post an advert offering 15% off in the grills. This was supposedly a members-only discount. When I checked fares on-line, the 15% discount was given before I logged in and, after logging in, the fare dropped and effectively gave a discount of almost double that - about 28% off the fare we originally booked.

Because I use the on-line booking site only for information, I contacted my travel agent in Toronto and we re-booked. Instead of accepting the generous discount for PG, we re-booked in QG for a fare less than we were going to pay for PG.

In addition to the annoying features of this new site as mentioned by others, the “availability” listing at Step 2 is often inconsistent. Staterooms in some categories are displayed and some are not.

It certainly won't be fior me, I don't surface until shortly before noon, then it is a glass of fizz in the CC.

But if anyone likes a funny story, ask Arnulfo (QV QG lounge bar supervisor) about the time I had a fist-fight with one of the Grumbleweeds in jhe QG lounge on QE2! It is a great story.... Self defence of course.

Hi Saladmuncher.

I remember you bringing this point up on here last month on this thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1377768

You said Cunard replied to your email by saying "that the deal was so low that the 5% was not applicable to this deal".

This does seem to be the case and whether you have sailed with Cunard before or not, the fare is the same for everyone.

Hi Ray, you are correct about this being the topic of a previous thread. However, I was just responding to a post on this thread about the 5% discount with the actual response from Cunard.

"When booking on-line our system will automatically look for the best fare for you. Normally, this would involve the brochure fare, less the current saving plus a 5% past guest saving however, in this instance, the flat rate fare is better than the brochure fare less your 5% World Club saving".

However, I do not think, as you state, 'the deal was so low' - it was just a reasonable fare, not cheap but also not expensive, working out for a guarantee balcony at just over £120 per day

Archived