Beach towels to buy onboard?

Hi everyone!

My mom wanted some ideas of what to get my children as a Bon Voyage gifts so I thought the beach towels would be something they would like and get some use out of. So here is my question on Carnival web site it says the beach towels are not available onboard to buy....is that true?

I would hate for my mom and dad to get these and then the kids see some on the ship that they would like better cause the ones they sell are ok but they show another one with deeper blues and with a larger Carnival logo, that looks much nicer but I don't believe you can buy it.

Thank you:)

Ps we are sailing on LEGEND!!!!

On my last Carnival cruise, you could buy the beach towels they leave in your room (they'll bring you new ones if you want to buy them). Granted, that was 6 or 7 years ago. I do believe, though, that you can still buy them. Hope so, I'm still kicking myself for not buying them last time, they were FANTASTIC towels!

I think that sounds a little wierd to me too, that you cant buy them onboard ..but if you take yours from the cabin you are charged. Are these towels different than the blue ones.

btw they can buy beach towels in the shops onboard, but not the blue Carnival towels.

On the Conquest March 13-21, I did see some beach towels for sale in the gift shop on the Promenade. I believe they were around $20 and were very thin and cheaply made. BUT they were very colorful and did have a Carnival logo on them. The blue ones in your room are not colorful or flashy (and we all know kids LOVE color and flash!), but they're of much higher quality than what's in the shop. Years ago you could get really nice beach towels in the gift shops with your ship's name on them, but that must be a thing of the past.

I think that sounds a little wierd to me too, that you cant buy them onboard ..but if you take yours from the cabin you are charged. Are these towels different than the blue ones.

btw they can buy beach towels in the shops onboard, but not the blue Carnival towels.

Not sure why you can't buy them on baord...it just says that on BV. The ones you can order are a light blue with waves and with a small logo and "Carniva"l in the right hand corner. They also look kind of thin.:)

On the Conquest March 13-21, I did see some beach towels for sale in the gift shop on the Promenade. I believe they were around $20 and were very thin and cheaply made. BUT they were very colorful and did have a Carnival logo on them. The blue ones in your room are not colorful or flashy (and we all know kids LOVE color and flash!), but they're of much higher quality than what's in the shop. Years ago you could get really nice beach towels in the gift shops with your ship's name on them, but that must be a thing of the past.

Thank you. The ones on line look thin too....but the more I think about it I think the kids will be excited to find a gift in our room from their gpa and gma and my mom loves doing little things for them!

One with our ships name on it would of been cool!:)

We've bought two beach towels from the formality shop onboard. :) They are different than the ones in your cabin or shown on the BV gifts page. Pretty much everything you see on the BV gift page you can also purchase in the formality shop. Not the regular gift shop on the ship the shop where you rent formal wear or order cakes and flowers while onboard the ship. And they are nice thick towels that don't shrink a lot or fade when washed.

When we were on our Carnival Glory cruise last May, there was an insert (order form) that came with the "Fun Times" in which you can purchase beach towels (the kind you find in the room to use) for $22.00. You can also order bathrobes and the "Towel Creations" book. If you wanted to order anything on there, you're supposed to fill it out and leave it for your room steward, who will then deliver a brand new one (towel, robe) to your room. I'm pretty sure the charges will go on your "Sign & Sail" card. I'm attaching a picture of the order form, but I'm having trouble resizing photos to get them larger & don't know if you will be able to make it out or not. You'll get the idea though.

10-scan0052.jpg

We've bought two beach towels from the formality shop onboard. :) They are different than the ones in your cabin or shown on the BV gifts page. Pretty much everything you see on the BV gift page you can also purchase in the formality shop. Not the regular gift shop on the ship the shop where you rent formal wear or order cakes and flowers while onboard the ship. And they are nice thick towels that don't shrink a lot or fade when washed.

Thank you this is good to know;)

When we were on our Carnival Glory cruise last May, there was an insert (order form) that came with the "Fun Times" in which you can purchase beach towels (the kind you find in the room to use) for $22.00. You can also order bathrobes and the "Towel Creations" book. If you wanted to order anything on there, you're supposed to fill it out and leave it for your room steward, who will then deliver a brand new one (towel, robe) to your room. I'm pretty sure the charges will go on your "Sign & Sail" card. I'm attaching a picture of the order form, but I'm having trouble resizing photos to get them larger & don't know if you will be able to make it out or not. You'll get the idea though.

10-scan0052.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this:)

We bought two of the blue towels like you have in your room. You could order them from a desk by the aft pool and they would be delivered or you could buy them from the formalities shop (I think that is where it was) which is what we did. We use them all the time. We even bought a couple of the tan ones that are in the spa cabins.

They do sell them on the ships at the towel/mini golf attendant station! still in there plastic wrapping, I almost bought one is how I found out! They sell them in the classic navy & white stitching or the new serenity style tan towel with brown lettering(its not as ugly as it sounds)

Archived