Worred About being Port Side on Deck 6 Carnival Magic

I am in cabin 6376 and if the port side is the "smoking" side of the vessel, should I be worried about any smoke coming up from the promenade when out on my balcony? If so, I would look to change our group to the starboard side. Please advise. Thanks.

I am in cabin 6376 and if the port side is the "smoking" side of the vessel, should I be worried about any smoke coming up from the promenade when out on my balcony? If so, I would look to change our group to the starboard side. Please advise. Thanks.

On most ships the starboard side is the smoking side I thought???? but if it's the port side on the Magic, then the answer is not only going to be yes for trouble with smoke, but also noise and no privacy. It looks like one of the hot tubs is right under your balconey.

If I were going to stay on deck 6 I'd move either more forward or aft, but well away from the midship lanai area.

The ships I have been on, smoking has been starboard

On most ships the starboard side is the smoking side I thought???? but if it's the port side on the Magic, then the answer is not only going to be yes for trouble with smoke, but also noise and no privacy. It looks like one of the hot tubs is right under your balconey.

If I were going to stay on deck 6 I'd move either more forward or aft, but well away from the midship lanai area.

Smoking is on the port side on the Dream and I expect it will be on the Magic, as well. The cabin is just forward of the aft hot tub. It's not an ideal location but not the worst, either...

:)

It looks like you are going to be right above the Red Frog pub which extends out onto the promenade. I'm pretty sure CCL will be allowing smoking in the outside bar area. I actually changed 3 cabins from deck 7 because I thought they would be too close to the bar and spas with no privacy.

Smoking is on the port side on the Dream and I expect it will be on the Magic, as well. The cabin is just forward of the aft hot tub. It's not an ideal location but not the worst, either...

That's what I was afraid of. Maybe we will give carnival a call and see if we can move our 3 rooms elsewhere....

I really hope I am not over thinking this situation. The other option we have is to try and move to deck 8 where they have 3 triples in a row as well at a cost of $70 per room for the week. With Deck 9 and Deck 7 both being stateroom floors, deck 8 should be quiet BUT then we are away from the action of deck 5 which attracted us to deck 6......

newbie here that's hoping to book first cruise within the next week. How does one find out which side is smoking? We are planning to book on the Carnival Legend.

Smoking on the Legend is on the Starboard side of the Lido Deck area... shouldn't be a factor for a cabin...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1380234

Info on Dream Cabins. Please read about deck 6.

I also just read smoking was on the port side. We have deck 8 and hope it is high enough to be away from the smoke and the noise. The lanai seems to be posing a few problems but I also read it is really nice.

newbie here that's hoping to book first cruise within the next week. How does one find out which side is smoking? We are planning to book on the Carnival Legend.

Generally you just have to ask here....I had forgotten that the Dream had smoking on the port side like Mach said and probably the Magic will to....On Conquest and Fantasy class ships it's on the starboard side.

I just called the 800 number and Cabins 6403-07-11 are open which are directly across from us on starboard. Do you think I should take them?

You won't have the smoke problem except from the yummy BBQ on the lanai, but you won't have any privacy because of the proximityof those elevated hot tubs, and they are big hot tubs, probably hold 15-20 peopleand they are not adult only. I would guess that when someone is standing up in the hot tub they will even be able to see into your cabin.

Generally you just have to ask here....I had forgotten that the Dream had smoking on the port side like Mach said and probably the Magic will to....On Conquest and Fantasy class ships it's on the starboard side.

You won't have the smoke problem except from the yummy BBQ on the lanai, but you won't have any privacy because of the proximityof those elevated hot tubs, and they are big hot tubs, probably hold 15-20 peopleand they are not adult only. I would guess that when someone is standing up in the hot tub they will even be able to see into your cabin.

The BBQ on the Lanai is starboard mid/aft??? Looks like we might want to invest in Deck 8 after all if it is still available.....

sorry again for being new...are there any restrictions on passengers smoking in their rooms or on their balconies? I'm getting ready to book a balcony - starboard, deck 6 of the legend and am horribly allergic to smoke. If I have a neighbor smoking on their balcony I will have to stay inside.

sorry again for being new...are there any restrictions on passengers smoking in their rooms or on their balconies? I'm getting ready to book a balcony - starboard, deck 6 of the legend and am horribly allergic to smoke. If I have a neighbor smoking on their balcony I will have to stay inside.

There are no restrictions on passengers smoking in their rooms or on their balconies except on the Dream and Magic, you cannot smoke in any Spa Cabins.

I just called the 800 number and Cabins 6403-07-11 are open which are directly across from us on starboard. Do you think I should take them?

That will get you away from the smokers, including cigar smokers, on the Promenade deck, but since smoking is tolerated (for now) in most cabins and balconies, there are no guarantees that you won't have a smoker with a cabin somewhere in the vicinity of yours.

If you are allergic to smoke, I would recommend that you book a spa cabin as they are "supposed" to be smoke free :).

The Dream (and soon to be Magic) does confuse things some because all other ships have smoking on the STARBOARD side.

But the Dream and Magic have that bar that opens out onto the Lanai on the PORT side .... this is also where the outdoor cigar bar is .... so folks need to be aware.

Move to a higher location !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you want to hear noise until 10:00 PM every night, as well as lose privacy to those partying in 5th floor raised hot tub !!!!

And try to get in between the hot tubs, too, since that noise WILL also travel up the side of ship.

YUCK !

Archived