What do men Actually wear on Formal Night - 2011 poll

Times Prince

On Formal Nights on PRINCESS CRUISES ONLY I actually (or my male traveling companion)  

672 members have voted

1. 1. On Formal Nights on PRINCESS CRUISES ONLY I actually (or my male traveling companion)

• Choose to dress casual and/or do not eat in the main dining room on formal nights
    • wear a tuxedo to the main dining room.
    • wear a suit and tie to the main dining room
    • wear a sport coat/slacks with a tie to the main dining room
    • wear a military dress uniform (thanks for serving!)
    • wear formal ethnic/national/religious dress (e.g. Scottish Kilt, Islamic clothing, etc. )
    • wear a sport coat/slacks with open collar or turtleneck to the MDR
    • Do not wear a coat/tie and have NEVER been queried about dress code by the Maitre'D
    • Do not wear a coat/tie and HAVE been queried about dress code or been turned away by the Maitre'D
    • other - please comment

I always chuckle at the luggage excuse also. The men already bring a pair of nice slacks, a dress shirt, socks and shoes. So the only add on is a tie and a jacket. Perhaps its the cumberbun that puts them over the weight limit....

The sports jacket and tie is not much of an addition. But I am considering not bringing my tux to Europe for British Isles. I say that every cruise and wind up bringing it. But this one is a flight to Paris, train to London, bus to Southampton, taxi to cruise port. On the way back, it's just shuttle to London. But it might make sense for the tux to stay home in the closet. Not sure too many people wear cumerbuns these days. :D

While DH always wears a suit and tie on formal night, we see plenty of tux-clad men in the MDR. He's thinking of renting a tux in March to keep from having to pack his suit. It certainly is more convenient.

DH & I are in dress clothes often. However we rarely, if ever, have the opportunity to "dress up." So even though it requires more stuff to pack, we try to dress for the formal nights. He wears a nicer suit & tie, I don your typical "lil black dress' for the evening. Makes it fun! :D

I always chuckle at the luggage excuse also. The men already bring a pair of nice slacks, a dress shirt, socks and shoes. So the only add on is a tie and a jacket. Perhaps its the cumberbun that puts them over the weight limit....

No, it's the blender and/or coffee maker that puts them over.

Just back from a 10 day Emerald in the Caribbean and had late Traditional and did not see one Tuxcedo on entire ship.Lots of dark suits.I wore a dark grey one.Some,maybe,5 to 10 in our dining room had caribbean short sleeve shirts,regular casual shirts and onr white t-shirt.

At the late shows in the theatre mostly very casual.Everyone must have gone back to room and changed.

Archived