Using CruiseCritic on an iPod Touch?

nytraveller53

I don't understand why you would need anything to read CC on your I-phone or I-pod?

I just open safari, first bookmark is CC and I'm off, just like clicking it in my favorites on my computer at home.

Just curious...

Bill

Because the CC forums aren't designed for such a small screen. So you'll have to zoom and zoom and zoom every time to see something. It's passable, but not preferable.

Me too:Dbut most of the time I just make the print larger. Next cruise I will put it in a sandwich bag so I don't worry so much about water and sand.[/quote

Try a vacuum sealer, It will work great. I am thinking of trying that with a old camera to see how it works under water

Has anyone ever tried the app "Forum Runner" for the iPhone/iPod touch? I was just browsing the app store, and it looks like it would be compatible with CC (because it uses VBulletin) Maybe this could be the ultimate solution to CC on an "i-device"?

I just downloaded the free version of Forum Runner to check it out, and it looks like it will only work on the forums which are listed in the application. I did a search for CC but nothing showed up. There are 1350 forums listed.

Don't think I'd bother with it. To me, it's just as easy to load CC in the browser and use it from there. ;)

I just downloaded the free version of Forum Runner to check it out, and it looks like it will only work on the forums which are listed in the application. I did a search for CC but nothing showed up. There are 1350 forums listed.

Don't think I'd bother with it. To me, it's just as easy to load CC in the browser and use it from there. ;)

Good idea. I guess just the browser is the way to go.

Don't understand why one of the largest cruise forums worldwide isn't listed...nice, CC.

Mine is an itouch, I don't care what anyone says.:p

I was one of the first to buy an iTouch (I am an iWhore and if it is an iAnything, iHave it ;) ) and I still refer to it as an iTouch rather than an iPod touch which is what we all know it is really called.

Forget the touch though, get an iPhone instead. I have had one of each generation for the last 3 years. Greatest invention ever. Even better than the automobile if I dare say so myself.

Just got the app "Ship Mate" for my iPhone and I love it. You pick your cruise and it has all the info about your ship and itinerary and ports of call. Plus an area to put in your plans for each day, a budget tracker, and a countdow clock!:D

Just got the app "Ship Mate" for my iPhone and I love it. You pick your cruise and it has all the info about your ship and itinerary and ports of call. Plus an area to put in your plans for each day, a budget tracker, and a countdow clock!:D

That is a great app. I have it on my ipad and my itouch (no iphone yet)

I was one of the first to buy an iTouch (I am an iWhore and if it is an iAnything, iHave it ;) ) and I still refer to it as an iTouch rather than an iPod touch which is what we all know it is really called.

Forget the touch though, get an iPhone instead. I have had one of each generation for the last 3 years. Greatest invention ever. Even better than the automobile if I dare say so myself.

Well, I already have a Droid Incredible, which I love. Not planning on switching to iPhone. I have an iPad currently, which I love, but it's a little big to just take around. That's why I want an iPod touch.

Do you work for Apple?:D:D

I WISH! I freely admit being an iWhore. Until I tried them, I thought people like me were insane. I will never go back to a windows operating system on anything. Now I realize they just found an amazing product and were not blind lemmings.

I WISH! I freely admit being an iWhore. Until I tried them, I thought people like me were insane. I will never go back to a windows operating system on anything. Now I realize they just found an amazing product and were not blind lemmings.

I'm more of a Windows/Android guy, with a twist of Apple. (Mmm...sounds like a good cocktail!!). There are some really great features of Windows 7 that aren't on Mac. But my wife LOVES her Macbook Pro because it's easy for her to use.

As for Android, you can do SO MUCH more with it than an iPhone. Sometimes I feel like the iPhone software is a little too simple...for the worse.

Me too:Dbut most of the time I just make the print larger. Next cruise I will put it in a sandwich bag so I don't worry so much about water and sand.[/quote

Try a vacuum sealer, It will work great. I am thinking of trying that with a old camera to see how it works under water

Thanks, great idea! Why didn't I think of that.:D

I thought about getting an iPhone since they went with Verizon but then I won another touch....plus it doesn't have a monthly charge like the iPhone. Have you tried skype on the touch?

I thought about getting an iPhone since they went with Verizon but then I won another touch....plus it doesn't have a monthly charge like the iPhone. Have you tried skype on the touch?

Keep in mind that you'll have to be in a WiFi network to use internet on the touch...

No. I just loaded skype on my phone. I never use it even while on the computer, do no clue why I bothered. We tried it a few times while my hubby was in Iraq and MSN was way better.

OP? Wife! MacBook Pro? Weren't you the one who was just talking about getting a new Dell and swore to never own a Mac? I hadn't realized you were partnered. You've always said things to allude to you being a single mom before.

I use my touch and do love it . but now what i really love is using a free app to unlock making my driod phone into a wifi hot spot and then surfing the web on my phone :)

Its going tobe great for the drive down to the spleandor being able to use our laptops and such in the car . The speed is a little better then wifi on the ship and I guess maybe being able to use it on the boat while getting a signal from land .

Archived