Final payment advise please!

My theory, of which many will disagree, is to pay my cruise off as soon as I possibly can! The little bit of interest it would draw in a savings account is not worth the peace of mind in knowing my cruise is paid off. A few others follow my way of thinking too but its a huge debate around here on whether or not to pay early.

Yea, I guess if suddenly after many decades of doing business, Royal Caribbean went belly up, I guess I would be screwed but I will take my chances :p

WIth that said, it will likely take me right up until final payment date to pay off my next cruise. Its a lot more expensive than what Im use to paying. Double in fact!

My theory, of which many will disagree, is to pay my cruise off as soon as I possibly can! The little bit of interest it would draw in a savings account is not worth the peace of mind in knowing my cruise is paid off. A few others follow my way of thinking too but its a huge debate around here on whether or not to pay early.

Yea, I guess if suddenly after many decades of doing business, Royal Caribbean went belly up, I guess I would be screwed but I will take my chances :p

WIth that said, it will likely take me right up until final payment date to pay off my next cruise. Its a lot more expensive than what Im use to paying. Double in fact!

If you pay your cruise with a credit card and the cruise line goes belly up the credit card will repay you. It happened to us twice - Commodore Cruise Line New Years Cruise went up in smoke as did a Big Red Boat cruise. I sent all the paperwork to Discover and they paid us back in full. Cruise line insurance does not cover against default, but third party travel insurance does if purchased within 14 days. Just make sure the cruise line or tour company is not already on the list. They stopped covering for default on Windstar since the parent company went belly up and sold Windstar to a creditor.

Thank you all so much for the quick replies. I hadn't even thought about reductions/price matches so that gives me something else to consider! :D think I'll wait a bit longer and still pay the balance well in advance of the cruise.

Archived