Freedom Review w/Pics: 4/3-4/10/2011, some good, some bad, some meh.

Thanks for your review and the Facebook add. We leave 1 month for today and are all looking forward to it. Sad to hear about the food but I'm with the majority that it has gone downhill over the years but I'm not picky just need it to keep me going. Thanks again looks like you and your family had a great time.

We did have a great time, Im sure you will too!:)

This is me by the way. Probably the only time you will see me, since I take all the pictures, I am rarely in one. I am standing overlooking the beautiful, fabulous Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Waterpark (our 2nd time here), where we spent the day when in port at Falmouth.

We got day passes which included all you can eat and drink (the best jerk chicken and patties I've had in a long time), plus use of the waterpark and facilities. I highly reccommend it for those who can't figure out what to do in Falmouth.

The passes were $75 for adults and $60 for kids, plus we got another cabana for $30. Totally worth it, the bast day of the cruise for us. It's about a 20 minute cab ride form the pier. More Falmouth in a sec, need to go grab some lunch.

208172_10150169103468113_682718112_6778320_1367431_n.jpg

Could you tell me how to go about making this reservation?? Thank you :D

Could you tell me how to go about making this reservation?? Thank you :D

No reservations needed. All you do is take a cab to Hilton Rose Hall (there are several cabs/vans of all types and price ranges at the pier), go to the Concierge Desk, pay your money, they hold your ID, they give you wristbands and towel cards and you are on your way. At the end of the day, return the towels, take the towel cards back to the Concierge, get your ID, ad go back to the ship. The price includes all the food/drinks you can stand plus use of the grounds and waterpark. The cabana was $30 extra, totally worth it it.:D

None of this was done in advance. :)

The whole Labadee Cabana issue has become quite the talk around here. Some folks (nobody specific, so nobody needs to get upset:eek:) who travel in proper suites are very much against non-suite folks having cabanas, it's become quite humorous to me. Especially since I would book GSs in a heartbeat, IF THEY WERE AFT!!!!!!!!! JS is about all you can get aft, unless you want that monstrosity on Deck 6 (we were right above them).

I just want to tell all of you who are not booked in proper suites but that would like a cabana, GO FOR IT. Send an email, it doesn't hurt to ask, all they can say is no. Or they can say yes, and you can have a fabulous day in the cabana like we did.:)

Ask, don't let a few suite snobs intimidate you.:mad:

And I do predict that in the next few years you will see more cabanas being built so all can be accomodated, it's not like Royal to pass up a buck (or $150/$200 bucks!):D

The whole Labadee Cabana issue has become quite the talk around here. Some folks (nobody specific, so nobody needs to get upset:eek:) who travel in proper suites are very much against non-suite folks having cabanas, it's become quite humorous to me. Especially since I would book GSs in a heartbeat, IF THEY WERE AFT!!!!!!!!! JS is about all you can get aft, unless you want that monstrosity on Deck 6 (we were right above them).

I just want to tell all of you who are not booked in proper suites but that would like a cabana, GO FOR IT. Send an email, it doesn't hurt to ask, all they can say is no. Or they can say yes, and you can have a fabulous day in the cabana like we did.:)

Ask, don't let a few suite snobs intimidate you.:mad:

And I do predict that in the next few years you will see more cabanas being built so all can be accomodated, it's not like Royal to pass up a buck (or $150/$200 bucks!):D

I feel very much the same...Just because we were in JS's that didn't stop me from at least trying, and my preplanning forsight paid off.. After all we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and cruising with our adult children...

We have stayed in GS's and RFS's a few times but still prefer a JS, our favorite is of course AFT #1100 on the Radiance & Jewel..

I think you are spot on with your prediction for more cabanas in Labadee..

Best of luck to those non-suite cruisers that take the initiative and request to be placed on a waitlist...If you are lucky enough to get a cabana..you'll agree..it was worth the try..;):D

Yeah, it's a great place. So far 2 CC members have told me they have booked a day at Rose Hall because of my review. I hope everyone loves it like we did.:D

Count me as another who is going to go to the Rose Hall Hilton. This completely solved my issue of what to do in Falmouth other than stay on the ship. Thanks! :D

We were on Freedom the first week of February. There were four of us traveling together - two couples. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed every meal served in the main dining room. Our service was beyond excellent. Our waiter was so nice, and he made extra effort to make sure that we were all happy with our dining experience.

I find it strange that the quality of the dining room has suddenly gone down so drastically. Maybe they got a new chef during their dry dock?

Now I would not say that any of us were foodies - so maybe that is the difference here? We expected a nice meal - sort of on the level of an Outback Steakhouse or maybe even Season's 52, and we were satisfied. If you go expecting gourmet food, then of course you will be disappointed with a kitchen serving 4000 people a night.

That's so funny. My family hit up the Outback in the Orlando Airport on our way back home from our sailing last week. We typically do Disney cruises but decided to book the RCI for this last trip. We LOVED the ship and the cruise director. However, we were very disappointed in the food, mainly from the MDR.

The service was poor to our surprise. It seemed as if we were always the last to be served even when we specifically told our waiter we had small children and needed to eat quickly. Oh well, we learned our lesson after three meals and bid adios for the remainder of the cruise.

We went to Chops our last night. Let me just say, that is what I was expecting all of the food to be like. It was wonderful. I hate that there is a $25 per person charge, but all in all it is worth it.

We really enjoyed the cruise minus all of the food. It doesn't compare to Disney at all but the ship makes up for it. You will be ready to eat a good meal once your vacation is over but you'll miss the wonderful views and long for more.

Archived