Belize Cave Tubing and Zip Lining

ckpan

Carnival Valor to Western Caribbean. Mom and 16 yr old daughter. Booked a Belize Cave tubing and zip lining excursion. Leaving Saturday and now friend who has done this has suggested I cancel this excursion. Said he was attacked by fire ants on 2 mile walk with tube to the cave which was an hour tube float through a really dark cave then strong rapids afterwards that threw him into a rock wall. Did I make a mistake booking this excursion.

My wife and I are in our 60s and we did the cave tubing last September. We did not see any ants to speak of. The walk is about 20 minutes and is not 2 miles long. You have to climb steps and go up slight inclines while carring the tube. As for the river it rises and falls depending on the amount of rainfall. Our excursion was during a very calm time. Yes you go through dark caves, thats what cave tubing is. There were problems a year or so ago and the people who run the operations have been more aware of being safe. All in all we found it to be an enjoyable day.

We just went cave tubing in Belize, and it was AMAZING!! We went with a private company, (cave tubing dot bz) not Carnival, and our guides (Luise and Jose) were the best! It was about a 45 min walk through the rain forest, and they pointed out everything. We never came across anything that would harm us and we took frequent stops to look at the different trees and things you come across and take pictures. The river itself was very slow moving, kind of like the lazy river at a water park. (It's not a thrill ride.) We did come across a tiny rapid. It was described as a .5 rapid. (the worst rapids are a 5, I'm told) It was a very easy trip. The caves are dark, but you have spot lights on your helmet and there were quite a few people in the caves with you and they all have lights as well, so it was never completely dark. It was the best trip we did and I would recommend it to anyone.

Are you doing this through the ship? If not, be aware--we almost missed the ship and had no lunch. We were with Xtreme Cave Tubing. Finally got to the ship at 5:30pm and grabbed something to eat. LONG day. I'd just do one or the other unless with the ship excursion.

If you are overweight & inactive I wouldn't recommend this. We had two woman who were and they couldn'' sit in the tubes properly. They couldn't balance and kept tipping over. It slowed the whole group down trying to get them in positon. Also there is a long walk & you carry the tube.

Did this in Belize with my family, and had a great time. We did it with Jaguar Paw - my son who was only 4 at that time even went cave tubing with us. The luncheon was awesome, and just being in the rainforest was amazing. Oh, make sure you bring OFF spray. Enjoy

Carnival Valor to Western Caribbean. Mom and 16 yr old daughter. Booked a Belize Cave tubing and zip lining excursion. Leaving Saturday and now friend who has done this has suggested I cancel this excursion. Said he was attacked by fire ants on 2 mile walk with tube to the cave which was an hour tube float through a really dark cave then strong rapids afterwards that threw him into a rock wall. Did I make a mistake booking this excursion.

No rapids in this part of the river........not sure how anyone can get attacked by ants when they are moving........just don't touch the poison trees:D The caves are dark thus the reason they give you head lamps.......what company did you book thru:confused:

Archived