Transfer of loyalty benefits from RCI to X

misty57

We are 2 cruises away from Diamond on RCI, but really would like to try Celebrity. Can someone tell me how the loyalty benefits of Crown and Anchor on RCI translates to Celebrity? Our favorite ships on Royal are Voyager class or Freedom class ( haven't tried the Genesis class yet). Can anyone familiar with these class ships tell me what ships on Celebrity are comparable( we especially like the promenade area)? Thanks!:)

We just made Diamond on our last RC cruise, and when on board, we booked our first Celebrity cruise - for 2012.

We couldn't convert to Celebrity's Captain's Club when we booked because we were not Diamond until after the cruise. But next time I make a payment we'll get registered.

It's my understanding that as Diamond, it converts to the Elite level. We shall see.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=elite_member_benefits

I don't think any of the Celebrity ships have a Promenade like the Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class ships do.

We are booked on the Constellation, and I would like to know from Celebrity cruisers the same question... what the most close RC ship this is. I am guessing they are similar to the Radiance or Vision class ships?

.....for now.

We hit diamond on Royal Caribbean last summer & Celebrity is going to give us Elite status on our cruise next month. We will then be able to keep our Elite status on Celebrity forever even if they stop accepting Royal Caribbean's in the future.

This is one reason we are taking this cruise. We wanted to lock in that status.

You will be Select in Captain's Club. Note that the Celebrity cruise will not directly affect your status in Crown & Anchor.

One way to think about it is that the statuses are reciprocal, but not the points or credits that got you there. If you're Select on X, you're Platinum on RCI. If you're Platinum or Emerald on RCI, you're Select on X. If you're Elite on X, you're Diamond on RCI. If you're Diamond or above on RCI, you're Elite on X. Being Classic on X or Gold on RCI does not have reciprocity.

Also, it's not automatic-- if you're a C&A member who has never sailed on X, you need to notify them prior to your first X cruise so they can activate your CC membership.

We have also sailed those class ships and are Diamond on Royal. That made us Elite on Celebrity. You surely want to try the Solstice Class ships on Celebrity. They do not have all the activities of the large Royal ships, but we loved our 10-day on the Equinox last winter. (We also like the Radiance class ships on Royal.)

You will be Select in Captain's Club. Note that the Celebrity cruise will not directly affect your status in Crown & Anchor.

One way to think about it is that the statuses are reciprocal, but not the points or credits that got you there. If you're Select on X, you're Platinum on RCI. If you're Platinum or Emerald on RCI, you're Select on X. If you're Elite on X, you're Diamond on RCI. If you're Diamond or above on RCI, you're Elite on X. Being Classic on X or Gold on RCI does not have reciprocity.

Also, it's not automatic-- if you're a C&A member who has never sailed on X, you need to notify them prior to your first X cruise so they can activate your CC membership.

I have 1 cruise on X but my next cruise on X will be after i hit Platinum on RC I will be select.

My cruise on X will be 15 days will i have 3 cruise credits on X after the 15 day cruise or 7?

I have 1 cruise on X but my next cruise on X will be after i hit Platinum on RC I will be select.

My cruise on X will be 15 days will i have 3 cruise credits on X after the 15 day cruise or 7?

Three, assuming you now have one cruise credit on X and assuming you're going to be in veranda class or below. You don't get to go to five credits because your Platinum status made you Select.

Your activity on RCI does nothing to add to your Celebrity cruise credits, just as sailing on X does nothing to add to your RCI cruise points. The only way to earn additional credits or points is to take a cruise on the particular line. Once you get 5 cruise credits on X, that would bump you up to Select status, but your Platinum status already makes you Select. If you then got 5 more cruise credits on X, that would make you Elite and thus Diamond on RCI, but you'd still have the same number of cruise points on RCI-- you'd need to go from 30 to 175 cruise points to graduate to Diamond Plus.

Hi Steve,

I am still confused how this conversion system works, my cruise history are as follows, why am I still in Select status?

RCL - Platinum

May 08 Liberty 1 credit

Mar 08 Freedom 1 credit

Oct 07 Serenade 2 credits

Oct 06 Navigator 1 credit

Mar 06 Navigator 1 credit

Celebrity - Select

May 10 Solistice 2 credits

Nov 09 Equinox 2 credits

Sep 06 Summit 1 credit

Mar 06 Summit 2 credits

Dec 05 Galaxy 2 credits

Patrick

Patrick Leung 17-May-2008 Liberty Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1 Patrick Leung 02-Mar-2008 Freedom Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1 Patrick Leung 27-Oct-2007 Serenade Of The Seas 14 Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2 Patrick Leung 21-Oct-2006 Navigator Of The Seas 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise 1 Patrick Leung 04-Mar-2006 Navigator Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1

Patrick Leung 17-May-2008 Liberty Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1 Patrick Leung 02-Mar-2008 Freedom Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1 Patrick Leung 27-Oct-2007 Serenade Of The Seas 14 Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2 Patrick Leung 21-Oct-2006 Navigator Of The Seas 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise 1 Patrick Leung 04-Mar-2006 Navigator Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1

Hi Steve,

I am still confused how this conversion system works, my cruise history are as follows, why am I still in Select status?

RCL - Platinum

May 08 Liberty 1 credit

Mar 08 Freedom 1 credit

Celebrity - Select

Nov 09 Equinox 2 credits

Sep 06 Summit 1 credit

Mar 06 Summit 2 credits

Dec 05 Galaxy 2 credits

Essiesmom is correct. I shall elaborate.

You could have a hundred cruises with RCI-- that does not in and of itself have any bearing on your status with X. It's your status in one that determines your status in the other.

First of all, RCI's Crown & Anchor recently went to cruise points, based on the number of days sailed, but grandfathered members so they would at least keep their status current at the time. Presumably, you have less than 80 points and so did not jump up to Diamond status. If you have 55 points, though, you would now be Emerald.

In any case, the number of points you have with RCI gets you either Platinum or Emerald status. Your nine cruise credits with X gets you Select status. There are two ways to go up to Elite-- get one more cruise credit on X or get Diamond status on RCI. There are two ways to go up to Diamond-- get a total of 80 cruise points with RCI or get Elite status on X. You won't get to either Elite/Diamond status until you either get one more cruise credit with X or get to 80 cruise points with RCI.

BTW, you may want to move your name and list of cruises into your signature. That way you won't have to always type them out (or cut and paste them) into the body of your post, and others won't have to edit it off if they quote you. To find where to add a signature, go towards the top left of this page and look for the tab "User CP". Look for "Edit Signature - No Advertising Allowed" and go from there. Just a helpful tip from you ol' Uncle Steve!

THis is my understanding; There is no "point conversion" per se. Crown and Anchor and Captain's Club are independent.

When you go on the other cruise line, you are "recognized" for your status on the other. Any points you obtain on either cruise line stay with that cruise line.

So when we go on Celebrity, since we are Diamond on Royal, we will be recognized as Elite with 0 points, 2 points, or whatever depending on the number of Celebrity cruises we take.

The cruises I take on Celebrity have no bearing on my status on Royal, or will not increase my point count on Royal.

I asked this same question yesterday and with the advice I got here I called the C&A number. All I had to do was give the rep our C&A numbers and I was given Captain's Club numbers. We booked our 1st X cruise for Feb. 2012 and are diamond on Royal. It was all very easy to do.

RCL - Platinum

May 08 Liberty 1 credit

Mar 08 Freedom 1 credit

Celebrity - Select

Nov 09 Equinox 2 credits

Sep 06 Summit 1 credit

Mar 06 Summit 2 credits

Dec 05 Galaxy 2 credits

You already have the answer...you are select On X and presumably Platinum on RCI (does your C&A account show 45 pts after the conversion?). the good news is: after you take one more cruise on X, you should be Elite on X and will be recognized as Diamond on RCI. Even a cheap, short cruise will do. If I were you, I'd try to get that X cruise credit soon, in case X decides to change it program. I have no inside info about he potential for a change in the program, but being grandfathered in can only help. and you will start getting extra perks and the RCI balcony discount.:) JMHO.

The good news-- Celebrity is offering a one night cruise! Sail in Concierge class or better, and there's a quick two cruise credits.

The bad news-- It's only being offered December 9, 2012. RT from Sydney, Australia. Good news if you're from Sydney.

There is a two night Bahamas cruise on Millennium out of Miami on January 5, however. For those looking to pick up some quick cruise credits, you could do a B2B with Eclipse January 7th, or jump up to Port Lauderdale for an overnight stay and then Solsitce on January 8th. Book Concierge or better for both of those, and get a total of four cruise credits!:cool: I think this is why C&A went to cruise points based on the number of days.

You could also do the first leg as the December 31, 2011 Millie sailing, but that's a holiday cruise and so is more expensive.

Hmmm-- I think I'll repost this as a separate thread.

well,if Patrick lives in BC, a cheap way to earn a credit would be the coastal sailing next month on the Century ending in Vancouver. One way airfare to San Diego should be easy enough, especially if willing to cross to SEA. with the Tuesday special, it would be inexpensive. Of course one must be able to get the time off. Or one of the Alaska cruises saves airfare. Or fly to another cruise port like so many of us must. personally, I would be cruise just for the cruise credit; I would have to want to take the trip.

.....could be.

We sailed Azamara a few months ago for the first time. They honored our Royal Caribbean status & gave us their top tier level. You get a LOT of goodies on that line for the top!

Anyway, they said we would now have that level with them forever.

Azamara said they will STOP doing that this spring & only THEIR cruises will count towards their tier level.

I called Celebrity & asked them about that. They were aware of Azamara pulling out of the shared program. That person said he had no first hand knownledge of if or when Celebrity

might do the same but he strongly advised us to take a cruise on Celebrity in the near future to lock up our status.

That is why we are on the Infinity next month. We have only 2 cruises with Celebrity but they are giving us Elite status based on our diamond RC staus.

On some lines it really does not seem to matter. I like Holland & Princess but their perks are not as good. My husband loves the complementary cocktail hour & I like the free internet & laundry bag we will get from Celebrity.

Azamara gave us 240 minutes internet free to EACH of us ! We could not even use them all.

Thank you very much for all the advises given.

I have one upcoming cruise booked on Eclipse in Aug for 14 nights, unfortnately, there is no short coastal cruise offered by Celebrity that can help me to move up my status before this cruise.

Patrick

We are 2 cruises away from Diamond on RCI, but really would like to try Celebrity. Can someone tell me how the loyalty benefits of Crown and Anchor on RCI translates to Celebrity? Our favorite ships on Royal are Voyager class or Freedom class ( haven't tried the Genesis class yet). Can anyone familiar with these class ships tell me what ships on Celebrity are comparable( we especially like the promenade area)? Thanks!:)

If you are only 2 credits away , suggest you get your Diamond level on Royal first & then you'll be given Elite status when you try Celebrity.. On one of our celeb trips last yr it seemed like there were more "Diamonds" that true Elites but everyone gets the same benefits!

we switched betwen the two lines at first & are Elite but never made it to Diamond on Royal --esp. now with the changed levels...

Hope to get to 20 on Celeb on our next cruise...just in case they make changes to the levels...

Thank you very much for all the advises given.

I have one upcoming cruise booked on Eclipse in Aug for 14 nights, unfortnately, there is no short coastal cruise offered by Celebrity that can help me to move up my status before this cruise.

Patrick

I assume you know about this one. It is not short, but on Tuesday it will be inexpensive ($379) with only a 150% single supplement if only one can get away. You might be able to get permission to depart earlier at on of the Canadian ports if that helped. I don't know if they let you board late in the US and disembark in Canada. the overnight in SFO sounds fun to me.

I will be on a RCI transatlantic or I might book it myself.;)

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/vacationItinerary.do?packageCode=CN08R013&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Results

.....could be.

We sailed Azamara a few months ago for the first time. They honored our Royal Caribbean status & gave us their top tier level. You get a LOT of goodies on that line for the top!

Anyway, they said we would now have that level with them forever.

Azamara said they will STOP doing that this spring & only THEIR cruises will count towards their tier level.

I called Celebrity & asked them about that. They were aware of Azamara pulling out of the shared program. That person said he had no first hand knownledge of if or when Celebrity

might do the same but he strongly advised us to take a cruise on Celebrity in the near future to lock up our status.

That is why we are on the Infinity next month. We have only 2 cruises with Celebrity but they are giving us Elite status based on our diamond RC staus.

On some lines it really does not seem to matter. I like Holland & Princess but their perks are not as good. My husband loves the complementary cocktail hour & I like the free internet & laundry bag we will get from Celebrity.

Azamara gave us 240 minutes internet free to EACH of us ! We could not even use them all.

I am remain confused also. We are Diamond on RCI and Elite on X (by virtue of of our RCI points.) However, we are booked for 2 cruises on Celebrity-Dec.2011 and March 2012. It sounds as though we still need to "lock in" that Celebrity status by actually sailing with them soon? Also, do I understand correctly that if we sail 2 more longer cruises on X, we will be able to move toward a higher level with RCI? We have 90 points with RCI now. Will the credit with X show up as actual points on RCI? It's confusing still.

Lynn

I am remain confused also. We are Diamond on RCI and Elite on X (by virtue of of our RCI points.) However, we are booked for 2 cruises on Celebrity-Dec.2011 and March 2012. It sounds as though we still need to "lock in" that Celebrity status by actually sailing with them soon? Also, do I understand correctly that if we sail 2 more longer cruises on X, we will be able to move toward a higher level with RCI? We have 90 points with RCI now. Will the credit with X show up as actual points on RCI? It's confusing still.

Lynn

Hi Lynn. Do you have Captain's club numbers? If so, does your captains club page say " Elite?". If so, I think you have locked it in as well as you can.

If not, call captains club for numbers and elite status. Have your C&A numbers handy.

when you sail on X, you will be treated as Elite. Enjoy. Your Cruises on X will only count as Captains Club credits. those won't really matter to you as you will already be elite. They might matter in the future if the program is changed and another level added.

Sailing on X will not add to your cruise points in C&A. You will still have 90 C&A points.

I was in the reverse situation. I was Elite on X, therefore Diamond in C&A. I kept my D status when they converted to points. Royal has treated me well and I am confident X will treat you well.

Cool Cruiser.

Thank you for the help. Yes we do have Captain's Club numbers and show Elite on the X website. It's upsetting that we won't be moving up in Crown and Anchor with the Celebrity cruises. One is 12 days or longer, so we'd have 3 tier points on Celebrity. Elite on X already offers a lot of benefits it seems, so I don't see that moving up with them offers a great deal more. However, we'd like Diamond Plus on RCI. Lynn

Cool Cruiser.

Thank you for the help. Yes we do have Captain's Club numbers and show Elite on the X website. It's upsetting that we won't be moving up in Crown and Anchor with the Celebrity cruises. One is 12 days or longer, so we'd have 3 tier points on Celebrity. Elite on X already offers a lot of benefits it seems, so I don't see that moving up with them offers a great deal more. However, we'd like Diamond Plus on RCI. Lynn

I understand how you feel. I've been on 30 cruises. if all were on the same line, I'd be pretty high in somebody's loyalty program, but I have tried 6 different lines. I do not regret trying different lines, though I am more mid-level in some the loyalty programs. DH and I will have 100 C&A points after our TA on JOS next month.

I now sail X and RCI ( and a few NCL) and enjoy them all. they have different styles and activities and shows, which is nice. different itineraries sometimes draw us to one line or the other. I like X's food and menus best. if moving up to D+ is really, really important to you, you need to sail RCI. it is the only way to get there.

Lynn

Since you are already bboked for your December cruise, you can check your paperwork for your status. It should say Elite. I think once you have confirming paperwork like that you should be safe.

Archived