What are the bathroom amenities on NCL

cruzsnooze

I'm starting to pack for my cruise on the SKY and don't want to pack liquids because I'm doing carry on for my flight. Will there be shampoo, conditioner, lotion, q-tips etc.... in the bathroom and is the quality of the hair care any good? I could buy regular stuff when I am in Miami before boarding if i need to. Thanks for helping.

For women, you can get by with your quart-sized baggie and travel sized bottles of conditioner, body lotion, face wash and cream, and toothpaste, plus any liquid makeup items (mascara, lip gloss, etc). Sunscreen is the only real issue for me - I bring a small tube for my face and purchase a larger size for my body onboard if I plan to use it. My wet baggie also contains ear drops, eye drops, extra contacts, and a few tubes of medicine. Q tips, toothbrush, non-liquid makeup gets bagged separately with my dry goods. I have gotten traveling in a carryon down to a science after many years and keep these baggies packed at all times. I can pick up and go for up to two weeks only adding clothes! Hope this helps!

Robin

Hey Fishbait, can you give me some tips on packing? I always over pack, and I vow not to do this for my 2012 trip. What are your recommendations? We will be doing a 10 day land tour before our cruise, and I'm thinking that since we will be overnight in Barcelona on our own we can do laundry before we board the cruise ship (no fears about finding a public laundry, have done this on other vacations and met some really nice people that way). But, what is the minimum amount of clothing an adult can get by with for the cruise? I'm taking one dressy outfit for the land tour since we are going to Monaco, but otherwise I'm thinking of a few casual dresses and washing out my undies as I tour. Your thoughts?

I'm starting to pack for my cruise on the SKY and don't want to pack liquids because I'm doing carry on for my flight. Will there be shampoo, conditioner, lotion, q-tips etc.... in the bathroom and is the quality of the hair care any good? I could buy regular stuff when I am in Miami before boarding if i need to. Thanks for helping.

It depends on your accomdations. Minisuite and below have shampoo and soap in dispensers in the shower. If you are in a suite, Elemis brand shampoo, conditioner & lotion, q-tips, shower caps etc are all provided for you.:)

Hey Fishbait, can you give me some tips on packing? I always over pack, and I vow not to do this for my 2012 trip. What are your recommendations? We will be doing a 10 day land tour before our cruise, and I'm thinking that since we will be overnight in Barcelona on our own we can do laundry before we board the cruise ship (no fears about finding a public laundry, have done this on other vacations and met some really nice people that way). But, what is the minimum amount of clothing an adult can get by with for the cruise? I'm taking one dressy outfit for the land tour since we are going to Monaco, but otherwise I'm thinking of a few casual dresses and washing out my undies as I tour. Your thoughts?

Not sure if it's thread hijacking, but I am doing 3 weeks in Europe next month with Venice (hard with luggage and we have four transfers there!), a few train rides, and a very limited carry-on rule on our connecting euro flights even though we are in Business class. I have pared down my packing to this: nice black sweats with sweater set, (fleece-like) jacket, light pashmina and black loafers for the long plane ride. 1 pair black dress pants and two more sweater sets that I will wear every night on the ship and for dressing up on land. 1 pair jeans, 1 pr shorts, 1 pr capris, 1 pr touring sandals, 7 pr undies, 1 extra bra, 1 pajama pant (I can use the sweats while I wash these in sink and vice versa), 1 bathing suit, 1 light waterproof shell (goes over other jacket), umbrella. For other tops I have 3 tanks, 4 short sleeve and 2 long sleeve layerable tees. Everything I bring can be worn with jeans, black or khaki and those black loafers or touring sandals. No dresses or heels. My plastic bags (1 wet, 1 dry), camera with extra data card, iPad with all destination data, maps, passport wallet, cash, medicines, very small purse for ship, shoulder bag as a carry-on and for touring. I think that's about it. With three of us, will probably send one laundry bag out on ship with undies, jammies, etc, anything else will be done in the sink (tiny Tide pkts in my wet bag). Looks like it will fit into one small rolling duffel and two small carry-on bags. We travel a lot, so over the years I have accumulated a good travel wardrobe (like those black pants and loafers) that I wear EVERYWHERE, and now I buy two of every great basic I find. Oh, and my #1 rule, mix your clothes with your travel mates in different bags, so if a bag gets lost, you have clothes to wear in the other.

Robin

It depends on your accomdations. Minisuite and below have shampoo and soap in dispensers in the shower. If you are in a suite, Elemis brand shampoo, conditioner & lotion, q-tips, shower caps etc are all provided for you.:)

I'm in a balcony so will have shampoo only. Thanks , I'll buy a conditioner in Miami.

Thanks Fishbait, you've given me some great ideas. I've only gone on week-long trips so I welcome your tips. I've plenty of time to shop, so I'll keep your post in mind as I do. biggrin.gif And it seems as if I'll have plenty of room for those alternative shampoo and conditioners if I follow your suggestions.

I'm in a balcony so will have shampoo only. Thanks , I'll buy a conditioner in Miami.

I remember reading before that the shampoo they provide is actually a shampoo/conditioner combo. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but I do remember reading that before.

I remember reading before that the shampoo they provide is actually a shampoo/conditioner combo. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but I do remember reading that before.
Those combo's usually don't really work but it's good to know. I'll assume there will be standard amenities like tissues. One thing I always bring is a hanging air freshner like the ones for cars.

Those combo's usually don't really work but it's good to know. I'll assume there will be standard amenities like tissues. One thing I always bring is a hanging air freshner like the ones for cars.

Trust me, bring conditioner...the shampoo smelled great but the salt air is very drying...and there were tissues. I also normally do not use lotion but my skin felt dry also...

Archived