Family of 13 FL transportation suggestions please

just4kixx

Hi! We are an extended family of 13 travelling from various parts of PA for a cruise out of Miami in June. We are all arriving a night early, and flying into FLL. We will probably arrive in the 7:00-8:00pm hour.

I'm looking for support of my thinking, but welcome alternate opinions ;) .

For the pre-cruise hotel stay, I think we should book a FLL hotel that provides shuttle service from the airport. Then, in the morning, arrange some limo/shuttle service to transport us directly to the Port of Miami. My thinking is this:

We'll be getting in too late to take advantage of Miami Beach area, and once we got there from the FLL airport it will be even later.

Renting cars seems kind of senseless since there are so many of us, we'd need probably 3 cars to accomodate us and our luggage. Shuttle service seems more reasonable priced... plus, it would be one less movement of the luggage to be dropped off directly at the port rather than having to drop off the rental, then move all luggage to a taxi, then move it again once we arrive at port.

SO what do you think? WOuld you handle it the same way if you had to do it?

AM I missing something major?

Any suggestions for a nice FLL airport hotel? DH & I will be staying at the La QUinta in FLL in April, booked through PL.

Looking for input & suggestions.

Thanks

A

Contact supershuttle for the FLL area. They can pick up all of you in two vans, I think. FLL hotels are numerous so I have no idea what level you would like Perhaps you can get a group rate at one hotel. It is about a 45 min drive from FLL to Miami dock. Good luck with yur arrangements. What about return. Are you all leaving about same time if so arrange for the return shuttle too.

Thanks for the suggestion. DOes supershuttle have a web site?

I'm not positive of the return flight info from my western PA relatives, but we will probably all go "together" right to the airport from the Miami Port at debarkation.

:)

A

I am staying at the Sheraton Airport for my pre-cruise in April. :) They will pick you up at the airport. I got it through priceline for $50 for two rooms. You can bid for up to four rooms at a time. I got two rooms, but since two of the poeple that were going with me can't go I will only need one of the rooms.:confused: Should I call and cancel the extra room or wait until I get to the hotel.:confused:

Delores

Try Tri-County transportation... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Or Larry's Limo... http://larryslimo.com/

Both are good, reliable companies.

These two are the best in town , credit card payment is NOT required up front. These firms are reputable, reliable, prompt, courteous, late model equipment, licensed and fully insured. Trust the local residents. ;)

From Floridalimo's web site: "Your credit card is not charged until the driver does the pick up and gets an imprint of your credit card. It is stated on our web site and for your protection Credit Card must be presented to driver for imprint and signature”.

Archived