Summit 2/28 - 3/11 Just returned

SandyR5

Mike - We were on deck 9. When we booked that was the only CC deck. I did see some midship cabins on deck 8 with cushions on their deck chairs. That would mean they were CC...but it was just a few. I would prefer deck 8 because we did hear the chairs being moved above us by the pool. The happened about 6 in the morning. It did not, in any way, take away from the cruise. It was no big deal and it didn't wake me up, but I just must have turned over in bed and heard it. Every day we needed the wake-up call!

From the looks of White Night you must wear white. Is that correct. My DH would have to show up in his bathrobe as he does not own white pants. If someone knows how it works please explain. The only thing I know is you have to have a mask. Thanks

They want you to wear white. They have strobe lights and holograms that show up on the white clothing. My husband wore tan chinos and a white polo. He was dressed fine. Some guys had white shorts on, some had white jogging pants and there were many guys in shades of beige. Most had white shirts though. Truthfully, its kind of ridiculous and I'm sure it will change eventually. People are expecting a "show" and they have to do better at letting the people know its just a decorated bar with some characters walking around. You walk through what looks like water to get inside. I hope it will evolve into more...but we'll just have to see. Don't knock yourself out with the "white" stuff. It's open 2 or 3 more nights and its quieter and less crowded.

Hi SandyR5,

I see you are from Kings Park N.Y. so am I. My daughter and I are leaving on the Summit April 1. We were very excited before we read your review now we really can't wait. I see you said you did the Everglades after you got off the ship did you book that with your TA or Celebrity. Did you fly out of Islip on Southwest? We are going down 2 days early but we have a late flight coming home and doing the Everglades would take up some time before going to airport. I would appreciate anything you can tell me about it.

Did you go to the Persian Gardens or do any Spa treatments how were they?

Hi Siameez - Funny if we actually know eachother! ( I'm on Rumford near the H.S.) We flew Jet Blue out of JFK. We just LOVE Jet Blue. We stayed at the Marriott Marina the night before. We booked that on Priceline. The Everglades airboat ride is an excursion through Celebrity. You are taken to Sawgrass national park and you board an airboat with a very informative captain who drives you through the marsh. He stops when he sees crocodiles and you move up close to them. We saw 4. After the airboat ride you visit a zoo type place where you see more crocodiles, turtles, etc. Another guide goes into the crocodile pen and "plays" with them. You can, for $2, hold a baby crocodile. You also see Florida Panthers. There is also a model Indian village you walk around. And...of course, there's a gift shop. :) We booked it online about 6 weeks before we left. It was really fantastic and it gets you off the ship so easily...and drops you right at your terminal at the airport. That excursion will bring you to the airport at 1:00. If your flight is much later you could have a relaxing lunch at the airport. There are a few Chile's restaurants there. On the ship I had a massage and a facial. Both were wonderful. I fell in love with the thassotherapy pool. Hmmm., warm salt water with jets all over and a places to sit. Ahh. As I said before..it was just fabulous.

Hi SandyR5,

Thank you for that great information. I am going to call Celebrity tonight and my TA in the morning to see if we can do that it would be the perfect end of a perfect trip. Our flight leaves around 5:30 so we will have plenty of time to eat. Yes, I love Jet Blue as well but the lure of Islip was too tantalizing for us. Nobody wanted to drive to JFK in the morning rush.

I live on Country Lane Drive I have probably been on line with you at Key Food. Had you cruised on Celebrity before? This is my 3rd. time on Celebrity but first on the Summit and from all accounts it sounds like we will not be dissapointed. I am glad you enjoyed the facial and massage that is just what we were going to do. Figured one the beginning of cruise and one at the end. I am so excited about the T pool as well I will be in that often.

Thank you again for the info. I will let you know how our trip was.

Suzan

HI Mike - This one was odd. You did NOT change the clocks in Costa Rica even though they were one hour behind us. You DID change for Aruba when they were one hour ahead of us. It will tell you in the daily compass if you have to change the clocks.

Well, I think I can do this now. Hopefully you'll see a picture of a character and some people during white night. There's also a picture of me, terrified, as I ziplined.

I see there's not enough room to post both so I'll post the ziplining one next.

HI Ron - I must say I am proud of myself for figuring it out! First you have to lower the pixals of the photo. I did this on Adobe photoshop. Then, if you scrawl down on the page for replies, you will see "manage attachments". That's where you "browze" to select your picture and upload it. It took me many tries to do it. Good luck.

Siameez-we are in Holbrook, about 2 miles from Mc Arthur. We fly Southwest & have never had a problem. In fact we are flying to Vegas in May-non stop out of Islip. I only go to JFK if it is the only option. We too did the everglades. It was a lot of fun. We booked thru Celebrity. They take your luggage on the bus & then you get it back at the airport. You go to Michaels Club for easy getting off the ship to meet your bus. I think we had the same light home. There is no Chili's Restaurant at the Southwest terminal. We did get a good burger there though. Have fun no matter what you decide to do.

Mario...

I am forever his devoted groupie. He is absolutely wonderful and extremely talented!

There was a Mario on Zenith this past Summer (August 2004) that played guitar from 5-6 and then 7-8. Wondering if it's the same Mario. We just LOVED him to death and I would tell him every day how much I loved him. He was from the Phillipines.

Anne Maria

Bill - It was real scary! It just goes against everything you feel to just jump off that first platform 250 feet above ground. Your brain just doesn't want to do it. I was terrified and screamed and screamed...but did it. It became easier and easier. It was an experience we'll never forget. Did you book it directly with Almonds and Coral or are you going with Oscar Brown?

Hi Sandy,

Actually we have not booked anything yet. there is a very small group on the ship that is going with another guide. Oscar Brown has a large group off our cruise, but they are not doing the zipline. We will probably make a decision on the ship, after a few martinis.:D

Bill

Archived