Royal Caribbean has earned our Loyalty

We were on the April 16, 2011 sailing of the Radiance of the Seas out of Tampa. It was a really fun cruise and the staff was great!

We want to publicly thank Royal Caribbean for correcting a problem with our stateroom. To make a long story short, our cabin had been flooded when we boarded and Guest Relations took care of us by the way of a new cabin. They not only upgraded us to a balcony, but offered us a discount on a future cruise.

This is the first time we've encountered a problem like this in our history of cruising. The way they handled it made us not only grateful, but they will be our cruiseline of choice from now on! They truly know how to take care of their guests!

That's why I wanted to make sure and tell my friends on Cruise Critic! There are too many naysayers out there and we don't show our appreciation enough sometimes.

BTW, we didn't have to yell, shout, or camp out at the purser's desk to have them do the right thing. It just took a great team of employees to make a decision! We'd like to send out a special recognition to Katia Simmons at Guest Relations!

We were on the April 16, 2011 sailing of the Radiance of the Seas out of Tampa. It was a really fun cruise and the staff was great!

We want to publicly thank Royal Caribbean for correcting a problem with our stateroom. To make a long story short, our cabin had been flooded when we boarded and Guest Relations took care of us by the way of a new cabin. They not only upgraded us to a balcony, but offered us a discount on a future cruise.

This is the first time we've encountered a problem like this in our history of cruising. The way they handled it made us not only grateful, but they will be our cruiseline of choice from now on! They truly know how to take care of their guests!

Thanks for the positive report. There is more incentive to complain than to praise... I imagine there are MANY more, like you, who have had satisfactory resolutions to problems.

Thanks for posting. I enjoy reading such posts.

I wish it would have turned out as well for me on my NCL cruise a couple of weeks ago. Tons of things were wrong. I wrote to NCL and took their post-cruise survey and have not heard one word from them. Not even a "thank you for bringing these things to our attention."

I've been happy with RCI, and as a result will continue to go out of my way to cruise with them.

Wow! I'm even more impressed with Royal Caribbean, if that's possible! As I told Tim, I emailed Mr. Adam Goldstein earlier today to let him know how great his staff treated us. Well, he already responded! On Easter Sunday! His response was heartfelt and proved to me that he does care about our special vacations. He gets it!

Wow! I'm even more impressed with Royal Caribbean, if that's possible! As I told Tim, I emailed Mr. Adam Goldstein earlier today to let him know how great his staff treated us. Well, he already responded! On Easter Sunday! His response was heartfelt and proved to me that he does care about our special vacations. He gets it!

That is awesome!!!

Tim

Thanks, OP! I just LOVE reading this type of post!!

Can you please share Mr. Goldstein's email address? TU

so , that makes you loyal to royal, because according to u , u never had that problem before !:)

on the other hand, im only loyal to my family n friends:D

My husband and I purposefully tried most of the major cruiselines before settling on one as our main choice. Royal did not have to do what they did to accomodate us. Their dedication to us as a customer came through loud and clear! That makes us loyal to them when we decide to choose who we are going to cruise with in the future. We have already converted many of our family to cruising and will recommend Royal for them as well. We can rest assured that if they cruise on Royal, they will get the full adventure of a great cruise. They proved to us that they have a great product!

I stand corrected. NCL just sent me $200OBC if I care to take another cruise with them. Not sure I want to though.

RCI wins for sure.

I'm glad to hear that NCL responded. It sounds like they didn't act fast enough to change a bad impression. That's what RCI really won us over with!

We just returned from the Oasis 4/16/2011 sailing and had a similar experience. Wesley Aza and Eric Lafitte (both senior officers working the guest service desk) were very professional and did everything they could to improve and remedy the issue (our AC was pumping hot air). By the end of day 3 this issue was resolved. Not only did they work the issue expeditiously, they also went above and beyond with extra little things to smooth the edges of the problem. For the "inconvenience" they are giving us a future cruise discount.

As diamond members, were already loyal to the brand, but this experience leaves no doubt we are where we want to be.

GIO

(our AC was pumping hot air). By the end of day 3 this issue was resolved. For the "inconvenience" they are giving us a future cruise discount.

GIO

Not trying to make this positive thread go negative BUT they better have given me a BIG future cruise discount if it took them to the end of day 3 of a 7 day cruise to correct an AC issue.

Glad they made you happy!!!

Tim

Not trying to make this positive thread go negative BUT they better have given me a BIG future cruise discount if it took them to the end of day 3 of a 7 day cruise to correct an AC issue.

Glad they made you happy!!!

Tim

Lol I was thinking the same thing!

Archived