Dawn Secrets and Hints?

gail-s

thanks...we are sailing on a cruise to nowhere so i'm not sure how much "regular" activities will be going on. it's been awhile since we've cruised NCL. is the smoking policy enforced or do people smoke where ever they like? also are there any areas where children are prohibited? our cabin is on deck 10...i'm thinking i chose well. do you think the higher decks are better? for us it was either deck 5 or 10

Off the top of my head, kids are only restricted in certain lounges later at night. They also have 2 of the 4 hot tubs as adults only. Signs aren't that visible - were somewhat worn - so not super evident to all.

it's been awhile since we've cruised NCL. is the smoking policy enforced or do people smoke where ever they like?

As of Nov 1 NCL revamped their smoking policy. There was much discussion on cc regarding this so a simple search might help you out. Here is a recent thread regarding where you can and where you cannot smoke since the policy change. I didn`t read this thread as I don`t smoke so for me it is pretty easy, avoid areas where I see or smell smoke. But if you are a smoker you might find some answers in here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2124066

The Blue Lagoon's wings are not to be missed. We like the Wine Cellar section of LeBistro since you can sort of be part of the music and still have the great food and service. We did the Chef's Table. It is pricey but an amazing experience. There is limited space (we were a group of 12); price includes pre-dinner beverages of choice in Gatsby's while everyone arrives, then a formal photograph of group with chef on the staircase. The meal was 6 courses (I think - I got a little foggy after the 4th one) with unlimited wines, with different wines accompanying each entree and a palate cleanser in between... and the deserts were amazing!! 12 people 3 - 4 servers (1 reason why the wines keep flowing I guess). The cost was $99 pp but worth every dime IMHO. Ariel is the pianist and also the ship's musical director. He can play everything from a concerto to Elton John and on several days - he encouraged singing along. There is a couple who do a show almost every night in the atrium. I'm sure someone will give you their names: eat early and get a good seat. They are amazing!! Incredible ranges and instruments and huge songbook - and funny too. There is a specialty Brazilian restaurant onboard - Moderno - churriscaria (I'm sure I misspelled that) another of our favorites. Every type of meat with every choice of cuts. And a really unique large salad bar. First time we ate there we made the mistake of assuming the salad bar was the main focus. And then the meats started being delivered..... Hope this helps. margretha

My last Boston to Bermuda cruise featured a local band from Rhode Island that really had the ship rocking! They played a great set one afternoon by the pool, another one night in a lounge and some other time - my memory fades lol

I'd love it if another local band is scheduled to be on my May 2015 cruise. Anyone know of a way to find out who is booked for entertainment?

• 2 months later...