Dawn Secrets and Hints?

gail-s

I have a question about wine. From reading under the gifts area on the NCL website it seems if you order a bottle of wine in the gifts area or if your TA or anyone purchases one for you, you pay a corkage fee? Is this correct? :)

I have a question about wine. From reading under the gifts area on the NCL website it seems if you order a bottle of wine in the gifts area or if your TA or anyone purchases one for you, you pay a corkage fee? Is this correct? :)

No corkage fee unless you bring it on board yourself. If you order a bottle of wine at dinner, you can bring back to the cabin what you don't consume.

We were told by our steward that he could not open the balcony dividers. I asked at the Guest Services desk and had it open within the hour. If the policy has changed for some reason then the worst you will be told is no! ;)

Edited by luvmytbear

Thanks for the fun thread! I've been "loyal to royal" since I started cruising at age 17. I've been on 5 RCCL cruises.

My husband and I are taking our first ever Norwegian cruise for our 1st wedding anniversary in October on the Dawn to Bermuda! I'm excited to try a new ship and cruiseline and to visit a place neither of us have ever been.

Any other tips? Even if its fleet wide, I'd love to hear some since I am a NCL newbie!

Thanks! :)

which date I will be on the Oct 7th cruise this will be my first NCL cruise also

Edited by mbcormier

WHen you order wine at dinner and don't finish they will give you a number and take your bottle. Whatever restraunt you go in give them your number and they will bring your bottle to you..Helpfull hint if you order a glass of wine and know you will be drinking more wine during the week get a bottle cheaper in the long run.

We will be getting on right after you get off! We are on the October 14th sailing! Make sure to leave us some food and beer! :)

I hope you have a great trip.

In regards to (mbcormier) leaving some food for you - your guess is as good as mine. I am saying this (from past experience) as I have been on a few trips, including this upcoming one, with him and you would be surprised at how much he can pack away.

I think I've read that this men's room was removed during dry-dock to accomodate the new suites. I hope I'm wrong.

I will have my husband check it out in Sept. Seeing as it is the Mens Room I cant do it!!!!LOL

Anyone know if they sell the Bermuda bus/ferry passes on board before you arrive in Bermuda? I know they did on RCI a few years ago, wondered if NCL did the same. Thank you in advance.

Anyone know if they sell the Bermuda bus/ferry passes on board before you arrive in Bermuda? I know they did on RCI a few years ago, wondered if NCL did the same. Thank you in advance.

NCL does not, but you will find a couple of places selling the passes right near the ship after it docks.

I will have my husband check it out in Sept. Seeing as it is the Mens Room I cant do it!!!!LOL

Cindy- If you are brave enough to check it out yourself, you might get the opportunity to see several parts of the ship you'd otherwise miss........the cool men's room, and the Dawn Brig. And you'd meet people you'd otherwise not meet.:D

Just wondering how deep the kiddie pool is? Is it just a wading pool that the kids can stand in or do they actually need to swim?

2.5 feet according to the picture I have....and yes, my son is a big meaniehead and shooting his sister! lol :)

076.jpg

Thank you for all the great tips, Cindy! Counting down the days to our Caribbean Christmas on Dawn. :)

You're welcome! You must be getting so excited! I can't wait to go back in April.

A few people have mentioned the men's bathroom from the photo. I read that is not there anymore, the suites are there.

Also, the library that's in the hall near the internet cafe... that's temporary. I had a feeling it was. It was loud, dark and small. I've read somewhere else they're building a new library. I'm looking forward to hearing any word on the progress. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it finished?

I hope people keep commenting with new tips, suggestions and secrets!

~Cindy

Cindy- If you are brave enough to check it out yourself, you might get the opportunity to see several parts of the ship you'd otherwise miss........the cool men's room, and the Dawn Brig. And you'd meet people you'd otherwise not meet.:D

thats true!I never thought of that,I might be up for the adventure-I do like meeting new people!LOL:D

Edited by CruiserCindy

Just a few questions. We are sailing on the Dawn on 9/2. Haven't been on NCL for over 30 years. Been on the Princess and wondering if NCL has the same coffee plan. I know the coffee is liquid that they add hot water to, on Princess they have a card you can buy for about $26.00 that gives you about 15 speciaty drinks for a punch on that card and you can get as much fresh brewed coffee and special teas you want buy just showing the card. Is there anything like that on NCL? Also, reading a lot about this $15. corkage fee, what if it's in your suitcase? I don't think that's a very nice way to get more money out of a person if they just want to enjoy a glass in their cabin. Never have we had to pay a fee like that on other lines. Also, since we don't have to worry about flying we were thinking of bring beach chairs with us, the kind that fold up into a bag. Has anyone brought these for the beach? How does it work out? Thanks for any help!