Guarantee Cabin Assignment??

eroller

Just curious what has been your experience with NCL and guarantee cabin assignments?

I'm sailing in just over a week and I'm in a BX guarantee with no assignment yet. Looking at the sailing there are plenty of cabins open in a lot of different categories so I'm not sure what NCL is waiting for?

Is this typical for NCL to wait to the last minute? In the past when I've had guarantees I've found that often the cabin is assigned soon after final payment is made. I don't recall not having a cabin assignment so close to sailing. Of course they say the cabin can be assigned right up until embarkation but I've never actually had that happen before and, I've taken a lot of cruises over the years.

Just curious what your experience has been.

Thanks!

my first and last experience with booking a GTY we were assigned the worst cabin right away--so right away paid a few extra bucks to be assigned a cabin 6 decks better--will NEVER book a GTY again...to me its not worth where you might end up!!

GTY just lets people pick all the cabins they want before you get yours. So if you get a good or bad depends on what cabin numbers everybody else picks. Some are random. Some like me get the same cabin every time.

Well it's true a GTY leaves location up to chance but I'm a gambling man! I've booked many guarantees in the past and overall I've done pretty well, usually ending up in a superior category.

On the PEARL I've looked at the deck plans and there really aren't any 'bad' balcony cabins. Yes some are forward or aft but that doesn't bother me. I would prefer one with a glass balcony rail over steel but again this is pretty minor.

Currently there are no cabins available in the BX category although NCL is still selling the category as a lead-in balcony price. This likely means I will end up with a higher category but of course you never know. Even if I end up with the BX that is fine as they are all essentially the same. It would just be nice to know where I will be. Guessing is actually part of the fun!

On my upcoming cruise my GTY cabin was assigned several weeks prior to final payment which I thought was odd. On previous cruises I typically was assigned anytime after final payment up to two weeks before sailing.

eroller, I usually book a guarantee type cabin and have had a variety of different types of cabins. Sometimes the guarantee is assigned right away and other times I didn't find out what my cabin was until I got to the ship. I have also had an assigned guarantee that was later changed when I checked in. It can and will vary. Some of the guarantees have been much better that I expected and some have been what I have expected as far as location and deck. I don't spend a lot of time in my cabin except to sleep so I don't care that much about where I end up, just so long as I am aboard the ship and on vacation. Hope you have a great trip.

We just recently booked a cruise and DID NOT request a GTY cabin. However when our TA sent us our confirmation beside the cabin number we specifically chose it says "subject to change". Does this mean we are in fact considered as having a reservation for a GTY?? Our TA was a bit dismissive so I'd rather ask here than ask her right now. Help?

I've never had a comment on any reservation including my current one stating "subject to change". Did you book a handicap room? Or is this a TA form and not an NCL form?

If my TA was "dismissive" of my concerns, I would be looking for another TA or talking to a manager.

Archived