Do all passengers in a room have to be present to check in?

We are travelling on 3 to a room on Freedom and I wondering if all passengers have to be present to check in or can two of us check in with the 3rd member checking in later. We have a rental car to return to Avis in Cape Caniveral and I'd like to drop everyone in our party off and then go return the car so that we can drop our bags (which I know we can do) and we don't all have to catch the shuttle.

I believe the 3rd person checking in alone will need his/her own SetSail pass with own credit card assigned for onboard expense. Also, have passport/correct ID.

The 1st & 2nd passengers in the stateroom will need a SetSail pass with their names and credit card assigned for onboard credit and their passports.

If you are all on the same Set Sail Pass you will all need to be there together to check in. If you have separate Set Sail Passes you can check in separately. The bottom line is, everyone on the same Set Sail Pass must check in together.

No - we were on Jewel in March with 3 other couples - one guy forgot his passport and had to drive home and get it (Florida resident TG). Seven of us went ahead and checked in and there was no problem. He was on the same set sail pass as his wife and just had to show his passport and get his picture taken and met us on ship 3 hours later. So you shouldn't have a problem. Enjoy!:D

Though if your other 2 passengers need to wait for you, it is only about 5 minutes back to the rental agency, and depending on how fast they put you on the shuttle, another 5 minutes back. I see a lot of pax sitting on the benches there doing the same thing.

I am guessing they prefer to all check in at the same time, which may be less complicated.

Enjoy your cruise!! :D

If you are all on the same Set Sail Pass you will all need to be there together to check in. If you have separate Set Sail Passes you can check in separately. The bottom line is, everyone on the same Set Sail Pass must check in together.

But of course, since you don't actually have to have a Set Sail Pass to check in, whoever gets there first can go ahead and check in and the latecomer can check in later. :)

Archived