Courtney Taylor-reviews please!

Hedy1967

If you are planning to visit Ocho Rios Jamacia, we would strongly recommend going on tour with Courtney Taylor. We travel a lot and have taken many excursions. Courtney ranks at the top of our list for both value and experience. My husband had heard in advance of our cruise about Courtney Taylor Tours, so he went on-line and booked an all day private tour before we ever left for our cruise. I am sure glad he did because our tour and experience seemed to include so much more than the tours taken by other people we spoke to. My husband and Courtney had been communicating back and forth via e-mail and they had set the itinary for the day. My husband explained to Courtney what we would like to see and Courtney decided in which order and the time allowed for each stop.

When we docked in Ocho Rios, Courtney met us at the dock. He is young, nice looking, polite, very professional and punctual. My husband and Courtney had already planned our days schedule but I was unaware of anything because this trip was a complete surprise gift to me from my husband. While driving to our first destination, Courtney explained what was planned for the day, what we would be seeing and what to expect at each stop. Courtney was very accomidating. He took us to rent aqua socks for our first stop at Dunn Falls (aqua socks are a must at the falls). At Dunn Falls, we started at the beach and climbed up the warm waterfalls some 600 feet. The falls were AMAZING! One of the best experiences of my life. It was truely extraordinary.

We then drove for approximately one hour or more to get to 9 Mile, to visit the Bob Marley Memorial (Don't Worry,Be Happy). This was a long drive into the hills of Jamacia. The roads are very narrow and bumpy. I would normally be nervous and tense driving on roads like these but I felt very relaxed with Courtey's driving. On the way to 9 Mile, we discovered Courtney to be extremely intellegent with an outstanding knowledge of both the history and current events of Jamacia. He was able to articulate events in a way that made it come alive. He told us about growing up in Ocho Rios, his childhood, school and college days. We found him to be warm, humerous and engaging. There wasn't a question we asked that he was not able to answer. While driving to 9 Mile, it gave us the opportunity to view the surrounding territory, the landscape, local communities including farms, schools, homes, churches and cementaries. Everywhere we went, the people seemed to know Courtney and have great respect for him.

The last stop was a surprise from Courtney. He took us to a magnificent beach called Mahogany Beach for a delicious lunch consisting of Jerk Chicken, rice and Red Stripe Beer.The beach was clean and the water was warm. On our way back to the ship, Courtney made one last stop at a local store so we could pick up a pound of Jamacian coffee called Blue Mountain Coffee.

The entire day was perfect and full of learning, laughing and fun. We loved the experince so much that we plan on returning with our kids soon. When we go back, we plan on spending the day again with Courtney so our kids can have the same experiences. Thanks so much again Courtney, you are wonderful. Sharon & Rob

If you are planning to visit Ocho Rios Jamacia, we would strongly recommend going on tour with Courtney Taylor. We travel a lot and have taken many excursions. Courtney ranks at the top of our list for both value and experience. My husband had heard in advance of our cruise about Courtney Taylor Tours, so he went on-line and booked an all day private tour before we ever left for our cruise. I am sure glad he did because our tour and experience seemed to include so much more than the tours taken by other people we spoke to. My husband and Courtney had been communicating back and forth via e-mail and they had set the itinary for the day. My husband explained to Courtney what we would like to see and Courtney decided in which order and the time allowed for each stop.

When we docked in Ocho Rios, Courtney met us at the dock. He is young, nice looking, polite, very professional and punctual. My husband and Courtney had already planned our days schedule but I was unaware of anything because this trip was a complete surprise gift to me from my husband. While driving to our first destination, Courtney explained what was planned for the day, what we would be seeing and what to expect at each stop. Courtney was very accomidating. He took us to rent aqua socks for our first stop at Dunn Falls (aqua socks are a must at the falls). At Dunn Falls, we started at the beach and climbed up the warm waterfalls some 600 feet. The falls were AMAZING! One of the best experiences of my life. It was truely extraordinary.

We then drove for approximately one hour or more to get to 9 Mile, to visit the Bob Marley Memorial (Don't Worry,Be Happy). This was a long drive into the hills of Jamacia. The roads are very narrow and bumpy. I would normally be nervous and tense driving on roads like these but I felt very relaxed with Courtey's driving. On the way to 9 Mile, we discovered Courtney to be extremely intellegent with an outstanding knowledge of both the history and current events of Jamacia. He was able to articulate events in a way that made it come alive. He told us about growing up in Ocho Rios, his childhood, school and college days. We found him to be warm, humerous and engaging. There wasn't a question we asked that he was not able to answer. While driving to 9 Mile, it gave us the opportunity to view the surrounding territory, the landscape, local communities including farms, schools, homes, churches and cementaries. Everywhere we went, the people seemed to know Courtney and have great respect for him.

The last stop was a surprise from Courtney. He took us to a magnificent beach called Mahogany Beach for a delicious lunch consisting of Jerk Chicken, rice and Red Stripe Beer.The beach was clean and the water was warm. On our way back to the ship, Courtney made one last stop at a local store so we could pick up a pound of Jamacian coffee called Blue Mountain Coffee.

The entire day was perfect and full of learning, laughing and fun. We loved the experince so much that we plan on returning with our kids soon. When we go back, we plan on spending the day again with Courtney so our kids can have the same experiences. Thanks so much again Courtney, you are wonderful. Sharon & Rob

Wow sounds great,what ship were you on and what was the time frame? i would like to do the same tour but our ship is only in ocho from 9:00am til 5:00pm.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Courtney last week on FOS. I would highly recommend him. I had emailed him an itinerary that I would like to do. He followed it to the T. He met us inside the gates at Falmouth and returned us there. He was very conscious of the time and made sure he returned us back to port in time. We did Dunn's River, White River rafting and the blue hole, ate at Scotchies. This was the first time in Jamaica (we have been there 2 other times) that we have not been offered drugs, and I think courtney made sure we were isolated from that. I would trust my daughter on a tour with him. Our bags and $$ were left in his van on all stops and he was very prompt at locking the doors and keeping an eye on the van.

We did Courtney last week on FOS. I would highly recommend him. I had emailed him an itinerary that I would like to do. He followed it to the T. He met us inside the gates at Falmouth and returned us there. He was very conscious of the time and made sure he returned us back to port in time. We did Dunn's River, White River rafting and the blue hole, ate at Scotchies. This was the first time in Jamaica (we have been there 2 other times) that we have not been offered drugs, and I think courtney made sure we were isolated from that. I would trust my daughter on a tour with him. Our bags and $$ were left in his van on all stops and he was very prompt at locking the doors and keeping an eye on the van.

This is gereat to hear! We are actually using him 2 days in August.

Sounds like he is punctual and consientious.

How was Scotchies?

Scotchies was great. We asked to go there since we had heard positive reviews from the boards here. It is not Courtney's normal "lunch" stop, but never tried to steer us to any other place. He was extremely gracious. We thoroughly enjoyed our time - the chicken and pork were delicious. My husband and I had 1/2 chicken each, a coke and a water (we are not beer drinkers), a "festival" (I think that is what it is) and sweet potatoes. We also paid for Courtney's meal (he had 1/4 chicken, festival, and a pepsi). Our total was $24 US. In case your wondering how we knew the pork was good, we were with another couple who ordered the pork and we taste tested. YUM. The people working at scotchies were extremely nice. I've never eaten at another restaurant in Jamaica, so I can't really compare it to any place else.

Hi ssbeard1, your excursion sounds great. can you tell me what time he picked you up and dropped you off? please let me know if you are using local or ship time. I'm looking to do almost the same itinerary....tubing and blue hole but not dunns river. we'll have three kids with us. do you think scotchies would be good for them?

thanks, ellen

We got off the ship right after it docked. He was there waiting on us (as you head towards the gates to go out there are tour buses lined up on the left hand side - he is in there holding a sign with his name). We got back to the ship about 45 minutes before we were supposed to be on board and we walked around the vendor stands inside the fence. I would highly recommend this for your kids. The White River was relaxing but fun. The blue hole had an area to jump into the water and a rope to swing out and drop into the water. Scotchies is laid back and is very family friendly. It most open air seating (covered on top) - not a partying type place. When we were there there were some locals, as well as tourists. Just be aware that the prices on the menu are in Jamaican. LOL. Our lunch was $1900 :eek: - which is $24 US. It was great not being hassled to buy "weed". Hope this isn't TMI.

Sheila

HI Sheila, definitely not too much info. the more the better. we'll be on the Allure in july. we should be off the ship by 9:30 local time. i want to be back at the port by 3:30 local time. how was the drive? are all the activities close to each other?

thanks again, ellen

Are you into Falmouth? Yes the locations were close together in ocho, blue hole was only about 10 minutes from white river. If you are out of Falmouth you will pass most other places for site seeing. I'm sure Courtney could give you ideas. The drive time to and from Ocho was about 45. I think it took about 45 minutes to do the white river and we spent about 45-60 minutes at the blue hole. Scotchies was about 30-45 minutes also, it was on the way out of town. That should give you shopping time. They also mention he stops to see the spice lady and through fern gulley (sp?) which you pass on the way. We did not have time for the last two stops, because we also did Dunn's River and it was our friends 1st time, so we took longer there than we probably should have. Courtney's clock was on island time, which is one hour behind ship time. He was very aware of the 1 hr difference and took that into consideration.

Robusto, this sounds exactly what we would like to do. May I ask what you were charged for the day? We will have a party of 7 I wonder if Courtney could accomadate a group that size.

Thanks

We haven't used Courtney yet, going in June and just booked him the other day. From what he told me he charges $25 per person for the day, we pay him when we're finished no money needs paid before the tour.

You will pay the admission fees to whatever things you wish to do.

These prices may not be exact because I don't have my email from him handy, but they are close;

Dunns River Falls $15 adult, $13 kids under 12.

Tubing $20 per person.

Blue Hole $10 per person.

Lunch at the beach, drive through forest and shopping were also things he mentioned.

I believe his van can carry up to 8 and he has other people who can also carry additional guests.

We are booked with Courtney Taylor next week, but are only a party of 3. For 3, he charges $30 pp.

I do have my letter -

Dunn's River Falls - $15pp, 60 min

Blue Hole Cliff Jumping - $8pp, 35 min

River Tubing - $20pp, 45 min

So he must vary his rates according to the group. I read somewhere that a larger party went with him and he charged a cheaper rate for the chidren than adults. With us he just said same rate for everyone.

I still don't think that's too bad of a price, I believe it's much cheaper than if we tried doing all three things on an excursion through the cruise line. Actually, the cruise line doesn't even have an excursion including all 3.

This is our first cruise, so we aren't sure what to expect at any of our ports, but I hope all goes well!!!

So he must vary his rates according to the group. I read somewhere that a larger party went with him and he charged a cheaper rate for the chidren than adults. With us he just said same rate for everyone.

I still don't think that's too bad of a price, I believe it's much cheaper than if we tried doing all three things on an excursion through the cruise line. Actually, the cruise line doesn't even have an excursion including all 3.

This is our first cruise, so we aren't sure what to expect at any of our ports, but I hope all goes well!!!

Enjoy your cruise...and please let us know how everything goes!

We haven't used Courtney yet, going in June and just booked him the other day. From what he told me he charges $25 per person for the day, we pay him when we're finished no money needs paid before the tour.

You will pay the admission fees to whatever things you wish to do.

These prices may not be exact because I don't have my email from him handy, but they are close;

Dunns River Falls $15 adult, $13 kids under 12.

Tubing $20 per person.

Blue Hole $10 per person.

Lunch at the beach, drive through forest and shopping were also things he mentioned.

I believe his van can carry up to 8 and he has other people who can also carry additional guests.

We are booked with Courtney Taylor next week, but are only a party of 3. For 3, he charges $30 pp.

I do have my letter -

Dunn's River Falls - $15pp, 60 min

Blue Hole Cliff Jumping - $8pp, 35 min

River Tubing - $20pp, 45 min

At which port are you both arriving? I believe the prices depends on the port location as well.

We will be arriving in Ocho Rios. I didn't think of the different ports and prices, I bet that is the reason for varying prices.

His email is courtney_tay @yahoo.com. He was very good to respond, usually the same day.

Archived