Mr Busby's Dawn Beach

I certainly haven't heard anything about Mr. Busby's closing, so I'd suggest that you plan to go and enjoy. I'm not so certain that the $.75 beers are still available.

th_DSCN2691.jpg

(click)

I have Dawn Beach photos posted over in my PhotoBucket here and here and here.

Some of them are older, but you'll see the beach.

gary

Oh, and also here, which includes my favorite personal photo from Dawn Beach, of St. Barth's.

th_DSCF0347.jpg

(click)

I certainly haven't heard anything about Mr. Busby's closing, so I'd suggest that you plan to go and enjoy. I'm not so certain that the $.75 beers are still available.

th_DSCN2691.jpg

(click)

I have Dawn Beach photos posted over in my PhotoBucket here and here and here.

Some of them are older, but you'll see the beach.

gary

Oh, and also here, which includes my favorite personal photo from Dawn Beach, of St. Barth's.

th_DSCF0347.jpg

(click)

Thank you so much for the info. Your pix are beautiful. Makes me even more excited to see Dawn Beach.

Thanks again

We went to Dawn Beach and Busby's last spring. It has a nice beach there. The service was mediocre (I usually got up to order drinks or food because the waiters didn't come around often). The cheeseburgers were very pricy there. I noticed that if you walk down the beach to the hotel on the right, you can get food for about half the price. We easily rented a chair and umbrellas in front of Mr, Busby's so we ordered our food and drink from there.

They have taxi drivers there to take you back to the port when you are ready, but the one we had was in no hurry to leave. I find that many taxi drivers in St. Maaarten will promise to pick you up at a designated time and then don't show up.

I did really enjoy this beach though, it is much more low key than Orient beach and I don't recall any nudity there (as on the french side).

2692775380104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2934381780104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2070378810104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

<snip>I noticed that if you walk down the beach to the hotel on the right, you can get food for about half the price.

<snip>

I did really enjoy this beach though, it is much more low key than Orient beach and I don't recall any nudity there (as on the french side).

The hotel on the beach walking to the right would be the Westin. It would be about 15 minutes away and I would expect it to be quite expensive.

The food offerings to the 'left' from Mr. Busbys would be in the (mostly timeshare) complsx of Oyster Bay Beach Resort.

gary

The hotel on the beach walking to the right would be the Westin. It would be about 15 minutes away and I would expect it to be quite expensive.

The food offerings to the 'left' from Mr. Busbys would be in the (mostly timeshare) complsx of Oyster Bay Beach Resort.

gary

You are so right! I got my lefts and rights mixed up. Thanks for clarifying. I was talking about Oyster Bay resort.

• 2 weeks later...

th_DSCN2691.jpg

(click)

Ah the memories... My buddy and I sat at Busby's for too many hours one day while the wives toured the Westin... .75 beers and cheap mixers with no supervision??? GAME ON!!! Friends had a time share near by and met us when our cruise was docked there.

We are going back in Feb of 2012 and plan on a trip back to Busby's for another round of .75 Caribs' and cheap mixers...

WHAT was the name of the 'stuff' in the big jug??? Was that called 'Island-Juice' or something like that??? I remember it being a funky grey-brown color and would remove paint if you spilled it on the floor...

:eek:

• 2 months later...

We have been to Mr. Busby's at Dawn Beach 4 times. It is our favorite. We are going back there in November with my in-laws! Love this spot! I also love that it's not crazy busy, and sees to be a hidden beauty. When we were on our honeymoon in September, there were maybe 3 other couples there! I hope it's like that again in November! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been to Dawn beach and Mr. Busby's recently? What are the beer and drink prices? Do they really have .75 beers? How much do they charge for chairs or umbrellas?

Is we just decide to plop down with a towel, where is a good area to do this - to the left or right of Mr. Busby's?

Can you just walk up to the Oyster Bay Resort and what do they charge for beer or food? Is this a good place to hang out or is it private?

Thanks so much for any information!

• 2 months later...
Has anyone been to Dawn beach and Mr. Busby's recently? What are the beer and drink prices? Do they really have .75 beers? How much do they charge for chairs or umbrellas?

Is we just decide to plop down with a towel, where is a good area to do this - to the left or right of Mr. Busby's?

Can you just walk up to the Oyster Bay Resort and what do they charge for beer or food? Is this a good place to hang out or is it private?

Thanks so much for any information!

Resurrecting this thread because I have the same questions!

We went to Orient Beach & Maho last month, so we're looking for something different this June!

I am still hoping someone will reply that has been to Dawn Beach recently. We have definitely decided to spend our day there probably at Mr. Busby's.

I would really appreciate some up to date prices for chairs, umbrella and beer/drinks so I can bring the proper amount of $$ with me for the day.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am so surprised that no one has been to Dawn Beach lately. It must not be a very popular choice for cruisers.

We are looking forward to a less traveled beach experience, but I am still holding out hope that someone will be kind enough to post the current information for Dawn Beach and Mr. Busby's. :)

I am so surprised that no one has been to Dawn Beach lately. It must not be a very popular choice for cruisers.

:)

... and that could be a GOOD thing for us! ;) Let all of them go to Orient Beach - I've been there, done that!! :) I'm finding more info on Tripadvisor than here on CC. Looks like a lounger & umbrella was $10.pp in July.

Here are a few reviews for you:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147347-d1231186-Reviews-Mr_Busby_s_Beach_Bar-Philipsburg_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g147347-d1231186-r116962551-Mr_Busby_s_Beach_Bar-Philipsburg_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Attraction_Review-g147347-d147517-Reviews-Dawn_Beach-Philipsburg_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

• 2 weeks later...
I too would like to know about snorkling. And also the price of a taxi for 4 from the port. Would the taxi driver stop for a picture along the way?

In the past, snorkeling has been ok if the winds coming in from the Atlantic aren't too strong, kicking up big waves and moving lots of sand.

Taxi prices are set, for four it should be $7 p/p, each way.

th_Destinationsnew.jpg

(click)

I really can't think of anywhere you would stop for a picture -- doesn't seem like a pretty route to me, with no overlooks, etc. Perhaps by the marina at Oyster Pond? But yes, they would probably stop for a quick photo op.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Dawn Beach last month. We had asked our taxi driver to take us Little Bay but he "conned" us into going to Dawn Beach. I wish I had taken a picture. There was so much junk on this beach, sea weed and trash. I complained to the manager and he just said, "I Know, it is really hurting business." Long story, short - we left and went where we had originally asked to go. (Have small children and just wanted a NICE beach) Maybe it was the time of year..the pictures someone posted earlier are beautiful, but that is not what we saw.

I can tell you chairs were $10 and beers were $1. Taxi ride was $8pp each way. I hope they have the beach cleaned up when you go, it definitely wasn't when were there and we will never go back.

I am a very positive person and can make the best out of bad situations but this was so bad that it made a happy person leave a few minutes after arriving.

Archived