Fco

nancy anne

We are arriving at FCO from JFK on a friday mid morning. How easy or hard is it to maneuver in the airport? How is the signage for someone who doesn't know Italian? We will be picked up by a private transport service. Is there a specified place to be picked up?

Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy, it is not hard to maneuver around the airport and you do not need to know Italian.

With that said, the area where you pick up checked luggage can be quite chaotic (that might be an understatement). I would have the service meet you at the luggage carousel as having the extra hands to assist you locating your luggage can be a big help.

Keith

Someone recommended a great website, Ron in Rome for information. I like how he includes photos of everything. This should help give you an idea.

Here is the arrival one:

http://***************************/%20transportation/arriving-in-rome-fiumicino-fco

Here is the one on departures from Terminal 5:

http://***************************/transportation/terminal-5-at-fco

EDIT:

Shoot, I just realized when I posted that this site will not let me post the link. If you google Ron in Rome, arrivals at FCO you should find it easily. That's what I did when I located the link. There's also useful info about the train as well.

Sorry, tried to post the direct link.

With that said, the area where you pick up checked luggage can be quite chaotic (that might be an understatement). I would have the service meet you at the luggage carousel as having the extra hands to assist you locating your luggage can be a big help.

Keith

I don't believe your driver can meet you at the baggage area; as stated, simply exit baggage claim, and your driver should be waiting outside holding a sign with your name on it. Very easy, no Italian needed.

I don't believe your driver can meet you at the baggage area; as stated, simply exit baggage claim, and your driver should be waiting outside holding a sign with your name on it. Very easy, no Italian needed.

Grugrats, you probably are right. It's actually been close to five years. It was the Cruise Line representatives who met us not the driver. All I remember though is that they met us before we claimed our luggage because I remember that the luggage carrousel was very chaotic and I was glad that we had two extra sets of hands to help us.

Not sure if this type of meet and greet service still works this way from the cruise lines.

Keith

Archived