Kids at adult pool/spa?

ampleiwb

It doesn't take but ONCE to be pee'd on while sitting in the "adults" only hot tub to realize that hey.................ENOUGH ALREADY! We can all get along; but supervise your children! For goodness sakes - this is craziness! I love my daughter and I love children; but enough is enough. We paid just like you did to get on board and I hate the attitude by security or anyone else that cannot reprimand a child for their unacceptable behavior because, "they paid, just like you did." - I paid and at least expect what they are getting and frankly,they didn't even "pay".

When did a child "get" more rights than me, as an adult who has PAID MY DUES?

With that being said...On our last cruise aboard the Splendor there were several children (pre-teen) booked into rooms across the hall from our cabin with their parents several doors down. Oftentimes these kids were running and yelling (Yes, YELLING) up and down the hall at various times of the day and night. We could handle it most of the time as we were either out and about on the ship during the day, or if we had retreated to our cabin, were on the balcony. However, there were a few times we tried to take an afternoon nap to no avail. This was quite frustrating to say the least. We did confront the little darlings on a couple of occasions and the noise subsided for a short time.

Why not inform the crew? Let them deal with it.

It doesn't take but ONCE to be pee'd on while sitting in the "adults" only hot tub to realize that hey.................ENOUGH ALREADY! We can all get along; but supervise your children! For goodness sakes - this is craziness! I love my daughter and I love children; but enough is enough. We paid just like you did to get on board and I hate the attitude by security or anyone else that cannot reprimand a child for their unacceptable behavior because, "they paid, just like you did." - I paid and at least expect what they are getting and frankly,they didn't even "pay".

and fare..............

Here is my opinion:

If you have kids and you know it is an adults only area, take your children to another area. That is what a good parent would do. There are MANY people who choose not to take children on vacation for many different reasons and it's perfectly acceptable for adults to want quiet time to relax without having to sit in a hot tub or a pool with kids. I don't have children, so I certainly don't want to "babysit" anyone's while I am on vacation. As far as the hairy chest contest goes, why can't it be in the common pool area? I have NOT seen a pool that states it is for children ONLY. There is a good reason for that. FAMILIES that include both adults and children can enjoy their days there. There is nothing offensive about shirtless men. You WILL see them EVERY day at the pools (adult or not). Men grow hair. It is a fact of life. Most kids around the 7-12 age group will think it's hilarious. Carnival makes the "events" family friendly so that everyone can participate. I am the type of person that will help a child if they need help but I will definitely tell a child to quiet down or stop running if I see a reason for it. Clearly, in those cases the parents have no intentions of disciplining their children. People go on vacation to have fun. Some people are too self-righteous for their own good.

You want offensive? You should have witnessed what I did on our first cruise. A man who was probably 70 in a VERY small speedo that felt it was appropriate to pull it down standing at the pool to "readjust" the way the bathing suit was sitting. :eek:

Throughout my posts I have been quite clear in stating that I feel there should be a quieter pool area for children/parents who do not want to listen to the constant noise pollution that seems to happen in the mid ship lido area. An area without blaring music, smokers, drunks, hairy chest, etc.

Next time stay in a suite, fill up the tub and turn on the jets. Your own private water park.

Problem solved.

If there are children in an adult only area politely ask a crew member that they be thrown....er, removed.

Let me be clear one more time for all that seem to think I am saying that it is ok for kids to be in an adult area. I did not say that, nor have I allowed my child to be in the adult only areas. Throughout my posts I have been quite clear in stating that I feel there should be a quieter pool area for children/parents who do not want to listen to the constant noise pollution that seems to happen in the mid ship lido area. An area without blaring music, smokers, drunks, hairy chest, etc. I used the aft pool as an example of an area that does not have loud music blasting all day long. The point of this forum is to express opinions and share information. It's too bad that if one says something that the soapboxers don't like (which happens all toooften here) that person must be the recipient of snide remarks, etc.

Ah, but there IS such a place! Your stateroom.

BTW you may want to revisit some of your earlier posts...

NO! I do not want to take another vacation. We want to cruise. And if you don't have kids, you DON'T get it, period. All I ask is to have access to a pool with my child that isn't polluted by BLARING music all day long. It isn't an unreasonable thing. I find all your ignorant responses unreasonable.

Ahhhh... the voice of reason.

"Anybody that doesn't agree with me is stupid!"

Talk about a "TROLL" along the beach...

As you can see I've been a member for a long time, but I very rarely post. Why? Because I don't like some of the responses I see. I don't want to put myself out there. It seems that it is so easy to attack another person when you don't have to look at them. I think people should be allowed to post their opinions without being attacked. I also believe we are all good people who are sharing our knowledge and experiences with each other. It doesn't make you a Troll if your opinion is different!

With that said, I agree that adult only pools and spa are for adults. I read this thread from the beginning and believe alexieb is not trying to disrespect the "adult only" area, but wishes there was a quieter place for families. I too would like that. Does that mean I shouldn't cruise? Should I stay in my cabin? Limit my time at the pools? All because I WISH there was a quiet area for families? I WISH people were nicer to each other, but I still visit cruise critic. The majority of you are awesome :), like cruising is awesome the majority of the time.

I know I am going to catch a lot of heat for my response but here goes....I do not like that there is an entire pool area that does not allow children. I want the option to go to the back of the ship with my kid to swim where it is QUIETER. Sometimes it is nice to hear the calypso music at the main pool for a little while, but it soon becomes obnoxious and tiresome to have to yell over the music. Everything is SO loud. I don't particularly enjoy having to sit and listen to the loud music and watch the steady stream of people waiting in line for food but I am forced to do so because I need to be close to the pool to supervise my child and make sure he is safe. The serenity area is great as adults only. Carnival should add a couple more hot tubs up there for the people who do not want to deal with children on this FAMILY cruise line.

There are many pools and hot tubs on this FAMILY cruise line that allows kids. Let the adults use the adult-only area in peace, and keep your kids out of of it. Thank you.

Defend it all you want but it is what it is... Adults only... Not meaning any disrespect but I dont want to "hang" with your well behaved child. I dont want to "swim" with your well behaved child. I dont want to "share" a hot tub with your well behaved child.

word

NO! I do not want to take another vacation. We want to cruise. And if you don't have kids, you DON'T get it, period. All I ask is to have access to a pool with my child that isn't polluted by BLARING music all day long. It isn't an unreasonable thing. I find all your ignorant responses unreasonable.

OP, you're fighting the wrong fight then. If what you want is a FAMILY area without the music, then THAT is what you need to be posing your request with *Carnival* for. Don't force your children on a crowd of adults who want to enjoy an area without kids and then get angry because they don't want your kids there (well behaved or not) in an area that was supposed to be free of kids because you don't like the FAMILY area where they are welcome.

Personally, I'd love to have some music in the aft. But I'm not going to go to the Lido pool and complain about kids being there in my music.

As you can see I've been a member for a long time, but I very rarely post. Why? Because I don't like some of the responses I see. I don't want to put myself out there. It seems that it is so easy to attack another person when you don't have to look at them. I think people should be allowed to post their opinions without being attacked. I also believe we are all good people who are sharing our knowledge and experiences with each other. It doesn't make you a Troll if your opinion is different!

With that said, I agree that adult only pools and spa are for adults. I read this thread from the beginning and believe alexieb is not trying to disrespect the "adult only" area, but wishes there was a quieter place for families. I too would like that. Does that mean I shouldn't cruise? Should I stay in my cabin? Limit my time at the pools? All because I WISH there was a quiet area for families? I WISH people were nicer to each other, but I still visit cruise critic. The majority of you are awesome :), like cruising is awesome the majority of the time.

I love you. Thanks.:D:D:D:D:D

I have kids I get it. I dont want to have to listen to loud music while supervising my children in the pool. That is why I choose to take my children to the pool early morning. Its all about comprimising and when you travel with children you have to learn to do that. I have 4 boys so yes I understand. I also understand that as adults we need our time too. When I take a cruise without my children I dont want to have to deal with other peoples children. Adults should be able to have an area to relax and have fun also. Not worry about children doing flips in the hot tubs and pools. Not everyone adores your little darling like you do.:cool:

I DO have kids & have traveled on all types of vacations with them. It was our decision to take them on vacations and for them to have a great time. HOWEVER, their having a great time does not mean that they are allowed to go to areas that are not designated for them. When we choose to take our kids on a vacation with us, we know there are certain things we will not be able to do. That's part of being a parent - sacrifice. And I can guarantee you that once you allow kids in the "quiet pool", it will no longer be quiet. I wonder if it is you that wants the quiet time & not the kids because I don't know any kid that would choose to hang out in the quiet area with adults instead of with a bunch of kids to play with in the other pool.

This poster summed up exactly the point I was trying to make. I find it perplexing how so many posters extrapolate that I am demanding my child or any child should be allowed into the adult only areas. And, that if I don't like it I can go on another cruise line, stay in my room, or if it were up to you guys, just don't cruise at all. Or, that adult areas should be removed in order to accommodate me and my family. I have NEVER said that nor do I think my child is perfect, world traveled, or anything else you so rudely assert. What I understand from all these responses is that you all feel that ONLY adults are entitled to peaceful areas by the pools and by creating a quiet family pool area IN ADDITION to the adults only it will somehow detract from your adults only experience. The two issues are unrelated. And, to clarify, when I say IN ADDITION, I do not mean in the existing adults only area, I mean IN ADDITION TO THE ADULTS ONLY AREA. I say this with the hopes that perhaps future modifications would be made.

Many of us have read this thread from the beginning and she is absolutely trying to disrespect. Read her posts. She has a serious attitude towards adults who decide to drink on a cruise. "How dare a cruise line design a vacation option in which people tend to drink and not give me a private pool to swim in!"

So very hollier than thou or dropped on her head.

Many of us have read this thread from the beginning and she is absolutely trying to disrespect. Read her posts. She has a serious attitude towards adults who decide to drink on a cruise. "How dare a cruise line design a vacation option in which people tend to drink and not give me a private pool to swim in!"

So very hollier than thou or dropped on her head.

Perhaps it was you who was dropped on your head rendering you unable to successfully navigate reading comprehension. Please, enlighten me as to how I have "disrespected" as you put it.

I've got nothing against people who drink what so ever. I enjoy a good cocktail as much as the next person. I do not vilify drinking or teach my child to think it is a taboo. Having a cocktail or a couple glasses of wine is wonderful. I don't think anybody enjoys watching a grown adult behave like a drunken idiot, though. But I digress.

[/b][/color]

This poster summed up exactly the point I was trying to make. I find it perplexing how so many posters extrapolate that I am demanding my child or any child should be allowed into the adult only areas. And, that if I don't like it I can go on another cruise line, stay in my room, or if it were up to you guys, just don't cruise at all. Or, that adult areas should be removed in order to accommodate me and my family. I have NEVER said that nor do I think my child is perfect, world traveled, or anything else you so rudely assert. What I understand from all these responses is that you all feel that ONLY adults are entitled to peaceful areas by the pools and by creating a quiet family pool area IN ADDITION to the adults only it will somehow detract from your adults only experience. The two issues are unrelated. And, to clarify, when I say IN ADDITION, I do not mean in the existing adults only area, I mean IN ADDITION TO THE ADULTS ONLY AREA. I say this with the hopes that perhaps future modifications would be made.

After the third time you stated it yes -- most of us got your point. However your first post (which is also the first one most of us read) implied that you would like to be able to take your children to the adult pool because the family pool was too noisy. It was probably a combination of how you worded it and all of our tendencies to skim posts.

A lot of people are still replying to that first post (as seen by the quotes) and haven't gotten to the second and third posts of yours where you attempted to clarify your position.

Perhaps it was you who was dropped on your head rendering you unable to successfully navigate reading comprehension. Please, enlighten me as to how I have "disrespected" as you put it.

I've got nothing against people who drink what so ever. I enjoy a good cocktail as much as the next person. I do not vilify drinking or teach my child to think it is a taboo. Having a cocktail or a couple glasses of wine is wonderful. I don't think anybody enjoys watching a grown adult behave like a drunken idiot, though. But I digress.

Actually I very much enjoy watching a grown adult behaving like a drunken idiot. Most of the time it is highly amusing

Archived