Carnival Miracle Review - May 6 -14 - Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau

santacap

Thanks ever so much for the review. I've been looking for something like this from someone who has recently been aboard. We have sailed twice on the Legend, so I know the layout and like it, but I know each ship has it's own character. Does the Miracle have a serenity area at the back like the Legend has now?

Counting down the days until June 7th!

We were on this same cruise (our first) and also had an amazing time. I would love to do this itin again and we loved the ship.

The kid's club was hard to find at first- I got lost the second night and ended up wandering the 5th floor for 10 minutes before going to get my husband- lol. Also, a lot of kids got sick in the rough waters the 2nd to last night since the club is at the very front of the ship. They told me to call after about an hour into his party to make sure he was still feeling okay. He was fine, but I know a lot of kids did get sick.

The islands were all amazing. Glad you had a great time :D

What a wonderful review!

Thank you for posting it, we were on the same cruise and agree on every point! Three port days in a row were a bit too much and too hot, but cruise was very nice!

Your son is sooo cute!

Really enjoyed reading your review and viewing your pictures. Your son is very cute

thanks. He's lucky he got his Moms looks

Thanks for the awesome review....:) We'll be on her this time next month, and can't wait! My DS (8) is counting down the days with me, as I've turned him into a little cruiser already...:D

have a great time, she's in great shape. I've started counting down again, but its at 359 days, lol... rather be at your number.

Thanks ever so much for the review. I've been looking for something like this from someone who has recently been aboard. We have sailed twice on the Legend, so I know the layout and like it, but I know each ship has it's own character. Does the Miracle have a serenity area at the back like the Legend has now?

Counting down the days until June 7th!

Im not 100% sure, but Im going with no. There is the adults only area to the aft, but nothing like other serenity areas, like on the Legend with the comfy chairs etc.

Enjoy the Miracle.

We were on this same cruise (our first) and also had an amazing time. I would love to do this itin again and we loved the ship.

The kid's club was hard to find at first- I got lost the second night and ended up wandering the 5th floor for 10 minutes before going to get my husband- lol. Also, a lot of kids got sick in the rough waters the 2nd to last night since the club is at the very front of the ship. They told me to call after about an hour into his party to make sure he was still feeling okay. He was fine, but I know a lot of kids did get sick.

The islands were all amazing. Glad you had a great time :D

Glad it wasn't just me. I saw a couple signs pointing later one, but they dont exactly make it easy the first time, tucked away on deck 5 with other staterooms. Weird... staff was great though and the little break to play with toys in the morning was very welcome.

sucks being back huh.

Thanks so much for the great review. I cannot wait until next month when we are cruising this same itinerary on the miracle!

Thanks. Enjoy. Rest up before the port days

What a wonderful review!

Thank you for posting it, we were on the same cruise and agree on every point! Three port days in a row were a bit too much and too hot, but cruise was very nice!

Your son is sooo cute!

Thanks. It was an amazing time, nice that we could cool off in the ocean

Sucks to come home to rain here in Toronto, but makes me long for the cruise even more... so we booked another one next year

Thanks again.

Great review! Can't wait for the 30th!!

Thanks. Enjoy your cruise. Its coming up fast.

The picture of the boats in Horatios....I took the EXACT SAME PICTURE from about the exact same angle! Thanks for sharing your week. Sure wish we were back there now...:mad:

Thats too funny. Josh loved looking at the boats in Horatios, and all the other decor.

I know the feeling, tough to go back to work and reality... where is my towel animal and room service :mad:

There is no Serenity area on the Miracle, but the aft pool where the Orpheus Bar is is designated "adults only." It has a small pool and hot tub and of course, a bar too! :p And it's where the 3pm ice cream sundae set up is! :D And there are bathrooms there so you don't have to go hunting for them! :o

Couple of quick questions, been on the Miracle, but it was a while ago & cannot remember these things!

1) Are the doors magnetic do you know? Wanted to put a magnetic dry erase board on the door.

2) Are the safes a pinpad or do you need the magnetic strip card to access the safe?

There is no Serenity area on the Miracle, but the aft pool where the Orpheus Bar is is designated "adults only." It has a small pool and hot tub and of course, a bar too! :p And it's where the 3pm ice cream sundae set up is! :D And there are bathrooms there so you don't have to go hunting for them

We liked that area as a meeting spot before heading up to the kids pool with Josh. It was very nice to just relax without any bother. sigh... i wanna go back :)

Couple of quick questions, been on the Miracle, but it was a while ago & cannot remember these things!

1) Are the doors magnetic do you know? Wanted to put a magnetic dry erase board on the door.

2) Are the safes a pinpad or do you need the magnetic strip card to access the safe?

I honestly don't know about the doors. I dont remember seeing any dry erase boards on other doors either. Sorry :(

Ya, any card will do. They say not to use your S & S card, we just used a gas station points card, anythign with a magnetic strip will do.

Great review! I will be on the Miracle 9/11 heading to Bermuda. Quick question. Is your adorable son still in diapers? I have read no babies under 2 in kids pool. Our son will be under two and still in diapers and was curious if he would be able to get his feet wet.

Fantastic Review! Loved all your pics esp the ones of HMC...going there in 24 days. Woohooo!

Thanks so much. Enjoy the little slice of paradise. It's my wallpaper on anything that has one now, and I long for the next one... 355 days away :eek:

Great review! You mentioned the piano bar - do you recall if smoking was allowed there? And if so, was it confined to one side of the room?

Thanks so much,

KC

This was a hot topic, we had a few smokers in our group, and even though the Fun Times said smoking was allowed, the piano bar was non smoking. I believe it may have been Greg's choice, he is no longer on the ship, his last week was our cruise. so it could be different now.

Kids Pool

Great review! I will be on the Miracle 9/11 heading to Bermuda. Quick question. Is your adorable son still in diapers? I have read no babies under 2 in kids pool. Our son will be under two and still in diapers and was curious if he would be able to get his feet wet.

he is not, but we did put him in little swimmers 'just in case' as even adults have 'accidents' in the pools.

Awesome review!!!! Adds to our anticipation.

Loved your pictures of the cabana at HMC. I had always imagined them more enclosed like those at Grand Turk.

me too, until i did some looking around. They were perfect. Ceiling fan, AC, cool mist fan added to a comfort with a perfect view of the beach. #13 had a great hammock beside it too.

Thanks.

Thanks for the review and the pictures!!! The cabana looked really inviting!!!

It was truly my favorite part of the cruise. I didnt want to leave :(

Can you tell us a little more about the bus tour in NYC? What was the issue with teh pricing? Which company did you guys use and would you recommend them?

We want to do one on our upcoming trip but have no idea about them.

I would recommend the tour, but the way they sold it I didnt like. We told them we were ultimately tryin to make it to Central Park, and they said use this line (I think it was purple route) and so we bought, and then after they told us that line was closed for the night, but we could take downtown route... which got us to Central Park in 3 hrs from Times square.

It was the reddouble decker buses that picked us up at Times Square. The cost was 45 bucks. After the hassle with the lines, it turned out to be a very good tour, weather permitting the top is great (I wouldnt imagine being able to see much from below)

There are a bunch of different routes. All in all, start to finiish the downtown (green) route was great.

I love the swim outfit your son is wearing! My DH and I are taking our 1 year old on Miracle (same itinerary) in 10 days and would love to have something like that for him. Where did you find it? Also, do you know if kids that haven't been potty trained yet are allowed in the kids pool area? Thanks!

great review...thanks for taking the time to post all the pictures. My question - did you make it to the gym at all? Any classes scheduled?

I wish I could say I did, but I did walk through. If you mean like step classes, I don't think so. but I did see Pilates in the Fun Times, and beach yoga on Half Moon Cay.

Thanks, and you're very welcome.

I love the swim outfit your son is wearing! My DH and I are taking our 1 year old on Miracle (same itinerary) in 10 days and would love to have something like that for him. Where did you find it? Also, do you know if kids that haven't been potty trained yet are allowed in the kids pool area? Thanks

Either WalMart or Children's Place. The shirts are SPF 50, so a little extra protection for that Carribean sun.

The pool and potty training is a touchy subject, with the pool water being salt and not chlorinated. There are signs posted I believe in the kids pool about potty training, I didnt fully read them.

I just realized that I will be in the exact same cabin as you were in. Is there room to move around with the crib set up? My one-year-old loves to crawl around and explore, but I'm afraid there won't be any room with the crib. Any pictures of the room? Anything quirky about the room I should know? I've been very anxiously awaiting my cruise in 8 days! Thank you so much for your review--It's made me even more excited!

I just realized that I will be in the exact same cabin as you were in. Is there room to move around with the crib set up? My one-year-old loves to crawl around and explore, but I'm afraid there won't be any room with the crib. Any pictures of the room? Anything quirky about the room I should know? I've been very anxiously awaiting my cruise in 8 days! Thank you so much for your review--It's made me even more excited

lol, thats too funny. Nope, nothing quirky, just your usual balcony room.

The crib basically when up against the couch, comes out to about the base of the bed. So while its not exactly spacious, you can walk to and from the bathroom to the balcony with ease.

Joel (if he is still working the room) is a great steward.

the only pictures I have, are the ones with the crib in here.

enjoy... wish it was me :)

Archived