Specialty Restaurants on NCL Pearl

CaribQween

We're going to be taking a 7-night cruise on the Pearl in October. We loved all of the specialty restaurants we ate at when we cruised on the Dawn a couple of years ago. There are just so many specialty restaurants on the Pearl that we don't know how we're going to fit them all in. So, we'd appreciate any recommedations for which specialty restaurants you prefer and possibly why such as food, ambience, views, etc.? Maybe that will help us narrow down our list :D. Thanks in advance.

On our recent cruise, the first night was 2 for 1 night, so which ever one you decide, watch for this special. We did LeBistro and were not disappointed with the duck or filet mignon.

We tend to eat in the MDR unless the menu doesn't grab us. The MDR is usually great food and good service. The specialty restaurants are just a cut above.

Definitely, Cagney's is our favorite splurge! The wedge salad, petite filet and brownie sundae for sure! We aren't as fond of French food, so as great as it is, Le Bistro is a little farther down our list. We love the teppanyaki and usually go there, too.

We really like the Asian fusion, but the first time we went there after eating the starters we couldn't finish the entree. I think the second time we went there we ate the ribs, crab wontons, fried rice and that was plenty.

If we decide we want to do a fairly inexpensive dinner we hit the TexMex Mambo's. We’re more mex than tex, and Mambo's is more Tex than Mex. We loved the taquitos, tortilla soup, and quesadilla for starters. By the time we got to my tostada salad and DH’s lobster tacos we were just about full, though they were very good also. DH liked the tacos very much and at his request, additional guacamole and pico de gallo was quickly and generously supplied. The tostada was not a traditional tostada; it was a bit more like a southwest chef’s salad. The complimentary margarita was about 1/3 the size of a regular margarita, and doesn't compare with DH's margarita. But who can complain about a free margarita!

We're going to be taking a 7-night cruise on the Pearl in October. We loved all of the specialty restaurants we ate at when we cruised on the Dawn a couple of years ago. There are just so many specialty restaurants on the Pearl that we don't know how we're going to fit them all in. So, we'd appreciate any recommedations for which specialty restaurants you prefer and possibly why such as food, ambience, views, etc.? Maybe that will help us narrow down our list :D. Thanks in advance.

I apologize for posting the same question on the board twice, but thanks to everyone for their replies. We absolutely loved Le Bistro and Cagneys on the Dawn. But, we also loved their TexMex (Salsa) and Italian (Impressions) restaurants too. We didn't have a chance to try Bamboo because we wanted to eat at Le Bistro a second time before the end of the cruise. We only ate at the MDR one time during the cruise. That's our problem now. I want to try them all. I'm sort of hoping to find some that people say are definitely not worth even trying. How sad is that?:rolleyes: We really have missed having all of the different specialty restaurants on the other cruiselines we have sailed since the Dawn (which was our first cruise). It's the main thing that has brought us back to NCL for this cruise and we can't wait.

Thanks for the info. We will be sailing on the Pearl in May 2012 with another Salute to Veterans Cruise.:D

Is there a particular place to find info on Vets cruises?

Did not like Mambos. Served us Fajitas lukewarm on a plate instead of sizzling in a skillet. The Italian restaurant served us tomato sauce that was drying out and getting stiff. Must have been under heat lamps, or something similar a very long time. The Japanese steak house was the best of the three. If you eat at Japanese steak houses at home, I'd skip it. Pretty ho-hum compared to land based ones. But if you don't go to one often, it will seem much better.

Yeah, I know some will be horrified at my comments. So what? :p ;)

Did not like Mambos. Served us Fajitas lukewarm on a plate instead of sizzling in a skillet. The Italian restaurant served us tomato sauce that was drying out and getting stiff. Must have been under heat lamps, or something similar a very long time. The Japanese steak house was the best of the three. If you eat at Japanese steak houses at home, I'd skip it. Pretty ho-hum compared to land based ones. But if you don't go to one often, it will seem much better.

Yeah, I know some will be horrified at my comments. So what? :p ;)

I totally agree with you!

Keep in mind that the Tex-Mex restaurant won't be there in October, it's being replaced by a Brazilian Steakhouse.

That is good to know. I'll have to take a look at some of the other ships to see if they have the Brazilian Steakhouse to get an idea of what it would be like. I'm assuming it would have to be significantly different from Cagney's for it to replace another restaurant. But even if it wasn't all that different, we would try it. I think I like restaurants more for the ambience and setting than for the food.

I thought Le Bistro was far better than Cagneys. While I did like my steak in Cagneys, Le Bistro actually did their steaks (and lamb chops) better than the steakhouse. I'm not sure how that is possible, but it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived