Children in school hols. in Med.on Mariner

Has anyone sailed with Regent during August in Med. and can advise whether there are many children?

I realise there is a greater likelyhood during August ( school hols) but unlike Silversea there seems to be a specific children's programme on the Mariner.

Would appreciate any replies as I have searched but not found any relevant info.We are considering the 5th August Athens to Istanbul.

Has anyone sailed with Regent during August in Med. and can advise whether there are many children?

I realise there is a greater likelyhood during August ( school hols) but unlike Silversea there seems to be a specific children's programme on the Mariner.

Would appreciate any replies as I have searched but not found any relevant info.We are considering the 5th August Athens to Istanbul.

it's summer; kids travel for 149$ ;beeeeeeeeware !:D

How about during spring break on the navigator - do they have a kids program are there many kids? I would like the services of regent but want to make sure my kids (well behaved 10, 17) feel comfortable and might find some other kids to interact with.

Hi Evertonian64,

I have sailed with Regent in the Med - back in August 2009 with my husband and two sons, 15 & 13. There were quite a few kids onboard and my children had two other boys around their age to pal around with. It was great...they were never bored and got very spoiled by the crew. I don't believe that it was a Club Mariner sailing, however they really didn't need it. There was plenty for them to do....shore excursions everyday, games in the afternoon and movies w/popcorn in the evenings. I looked at your itinerary, we also went to Ephesus, Santorini and Athens. My boys loved those ports. In my opinion you will not be sorry sailing with Regent.

As a matter of fact, we are booked on the cruise right after yours, the Aug 12 sailing Istanbul/Athens.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Lonedaddy,

We took a Caribbean cruise on the Navigator last year during Spring break (Canadian) and our then fifteen year old was one of three teenagers on board - no other minors at all! The other two were girls probably a year and two years older than him. They seemed happy to sun themselves by the pool for hours. He was more active and made it his mission to collect as many points as he could in various games and activities. He is very comfortable around adults and had a great time. We were told that on the next week's sailing there were thirty children and teenagers were had just chosen the wrong week.

Happy to hear there will be other teens on the August 12 sail. We (my husband, 14 year old daughter and I) just booked that cruise. We were in Israel last summer and my daughter fell in love with Tel Aviv. Hope to link up with you on board.

We were on a Mariner med cruise last year in August. I saw just a handful of kids, a couple of them younger than 3 yrs. They didn't cause any issues.

Happy to hear there will be other teens on the August 12 sail. We (my husband, 14 year old daughter and I) just booked that cruise. We were in Israel last summer and my daughter fell in love with Tel Aviv. Hope to link up with you on board.

Perfect! I will tell my boys...17 & 15. I will start a Roll Call, I would love to hear about Tel Aviv...it will be our first time in Israel.

There is certainly a lot to choose from, particularly if you have not been to Israel. Do you know if Regent runs a shuttle service to Tel Aviv? It will be very hot during the day - and I suspect too hot for the beach, but it might be fun to go into Tel Aviv in the late afternoon into the early evening. The excursion to Jaffa and Tel Aviv might be worth looking into, as well. We had a dinner in Jaffa last summer, but never got a chance to explore.

There is certainly a lot to choose from, particularly if you have not been to Israel. Do you know if Regent runs a shuttle service to Tel Aviv? It will be very hot during the day - and I suspect too hot for the beach, but it might be fun to go into Tel Aviv in the late afternoon into the early evening. The excursion to Jaffa and Tel Aviv might be worth looking into, as well. We had a dinner in Jaffa last summer, but never got a chance to explore.

Wow! Too hot for the beach is HOT. I don't know if Regent has a shuttle to Tel Aviv but I am sure that they can arrange something for you...we are booked on these excursions: TEL AVIV ORIENTATION & JAFFA - A DAY IN JERUSALEM & BETHLEHEM - NAZARETH AND THE SEA OF GALILEE...thank goodness the next day is a sea day! Were you there on a cruise last year?

I checked the trip planner on http://www.wunderground.com. I highly recommend it - you can get a multi-year history of the weather for a particular place for a particular time. Tel Aviv will be 90 plus degrees! Anyway, we are doing the Tel Aviv and the Bethlehem tours as well. It was a toss up between Nazareth and Akko (the Crusader Castle). My husband and I have never been to Nazareth so we wanted to see it. But we opted for the latter - a little shorter and really very interesting. We were on a mission to Israel last summer - but did not get to Haifa or Bethlehem. In fact, we had dinner in Jaffa, but never got a chance to explore it. We are trying to figure out a way to go with the group to Jerusalem, but see the reopened Israel Museum instead of the tour - then link up for lunch or in time for Bethlehem. We will ask the ship if that is possible.

Archived