Breakfast foods

We leave in 2 weeks and one of things I am most excited about is all the diffrent breakfast options. I always got tired of eating the same food in the windjammer every day so it's gonna be good to only go there like once the whole trip. I'm really looking foward to the choc buffett

For the people that have alreeady gone what was your best place to eat at breakfast and what all did they have? Anyone got any pics?

We leave in 2 weeks and one of things I am most excited about is all the diffrent breakfast options. I always got tired of eating the same food in the windjammer every day so it's gonna be good to only go there like once the whole trip. I'm really looking foward to the choc buffett

For the people that have alreeady gone what was your best place to eat at breakfast and what all did they have? Anyone got any pics?

On my review of my May 1st cruise I show a picture of the menu for the chocolate breakfast (later page) I enjoyed some of the offerings at the Solarium bistro and a english muffin/egg, canadian bacon breakfast sandwich from the Park Cafe. I ate breakfast at Johny Rogers, the food was predictable, but the outside seating was very nice.

On my review of my May 1st cruise I show a picture of the menu for the chocolate breakfast (later page) I enjoyed some of the offerings at the Solarium bistro and a english muffin/egg, canadian bacon breakfast sandwich from the Park Cafe. I ate breakfast at Johny Rogers, the food was predictable, but the outside seating was very nice.

I think you meant Johnny Rockets:)

I think you meant Johnny Rockets:)

You were on the ship a week and never found Johnny Rogers? Thought you saw it all didn't you!:p

A lot of people make typos, but I swear sometimes my fingers and mind are working independently.

You were on the ship a week and never found Johnny Rogers? Thought you saw it all didn't you!:p

A lot of people make typos, but I swear sometimes my fingers and mind are working independently.

Hey I am all for...the more the better:cool:...bring on Joh:pny Rogers

No pictures (sorry) but hands down, favorite place for breakfast was the Park Cafe. They had breakfast sandwiches (english muffin) and breakfast burritos. They also had a bagel bar and then just general yogurt, fruit, etc.

Second favorite was Solarium Bistro--usual assortment of fruit, delicious granola, scrambled eggs, yogurt and a number of hot items

I liked Johnny Rockets since it's free and it's made to order -- you can get pancakes, waffles, eggs

I liked the Windjammer the least. It's super crowded and while there is a huge variety of food, who knows how long it's been sitting under the hot bulbs. I grabbed a ham & cheese omelette and it tasted like rubber because it'd been sitting there forever.

There are so many venues in the Allure, you will have a different choice for breakfast everyday of the week! My favorite was the character dinning in the MDR. Their new breakfast (chocolate menu) was delicious!!! My son enjoyed their chocolate milk shakes. I have posted menu's, pictures and reviews in my blog http://www.twoculturescook.com/?page_id=22.

I did not enjoy the Solarium but I see others did, its a matter of taste.

Can someone elaborate on the Chocolate Breakfast? In which venue is this offered? Everyday, or just one day of the cruise? What are some of the chocolate items on that menu?

We opted for the dining room for breakfast and lunch. Its more civilized than the craziness in the Windjammers plus the food is much better in the dining room. I prefer to get served for my meals instead of dodging people in the Windjammer. My wife and I were always able to get a table for 2. There service was excellent and food was much better than Windjammer. We did Windjammer for 1 lunch and made a point to avoid it. The food in Windjammer is buffet style. If you are into the all you can eat then the Windjammer is for you.

OK, here's the lowdown:

Windjammer Cafe- OK, if you get up at the crack of dawn and go as soon as it opens at 7 AM. This is the best way to avoid the crowds and recieve the freshest food. Anytime between 9 AM and 11 AM is to be avoided AT ALL COSTS!! Do NOT attempt to enter the premises unless you intend to be run over by hordes of hungry passengers scrambling to grab the last piece of bacon etc.

Solarium Bistro- Hands down the best place to eat breakfast. Superb assortment of fruits, granola and healthy foodstuffs as well as bagels with Lox and oatmeal. Flavored water is also offered. This is literally the quietest place on the ship in the early morning (between 7 and 9 AM) and a beautiful venue to watch the sunrise whilst noshing on your guilt free breakfast.

Park Cafe- Quiet and peaceful this venue offers a multitude of healthy choices similar to the Solarium Bistro. A great escape from the crowds- if you close your eyes you can almost feel like you're in a real mainland park!

Johnny Rockets- Free breakfast- the fare is similar to Mcdonalds (if you like that sort of thing). Never tried it, but heard the hashbrowns are sublime.

Dining Room- Who eats there? Well if you do, they have a wide assortment of food and an additional buffet. Peaceful as well- romantic if you sit by a window.

Side Note: If you are wondering about purchasing the "fresh squeezed" OJ- don't. It's $4.95 and honestly I've tasted better at home.

Hope my review helps!

Archived