anything to do at POM?

ampleiwb

We cruise out of Miami this Fall-I prefer to be at the terminal early and score a zone 1 card (do they do zone cards at POM?). After we check in at the terminal, is there anything to do while we wait? Maybe a bar or a point of interest? DH & I will each be carrying one 22' roller-and thats it-so no luggage mobility issues.

Of course we can bring a book/smart phone but I was hoping there was something to see within walking distance (5min)

We cruise out of Miami this Fall-I prefer to be at the terminal early and score a zone 1 card (do they do zone cards at POM?). After we check in at the terminal, is there anything to do while we wait? Maybe a bar or a point of interest? DH & I will each be carrying one 22' roller-and thats it-so no luggage mobility issues.

Of course we can bring a book/smart phone but I was hoping there was something to see within walking distance (5min)

You can go to Bayside right near the Port. Cute outside shops/restaurants. You can go shopping at Macy's on Flagler Street and then have a nice drink

at one of the restaurants in downtown. Yes, I work for Macy's and we love visitors who shop with us!

After we check in at the terminal...

...you will only have a short time to wait! You could go to Bayside, but you'd have to take a cab there and back (please do not walk!!) but IMO, it's not worth it. Stay at the pier and be first on your ship. The first day is one you've paid for. You'll probably be boarding by 11:30 am. :)

Can you walk over to the water for some photo's? We are thinking of leaving the intercontinental at 10am-grabbing a starbucks on the way out of the hotel and catching a cab. So I am thinking this will put us at the check in desk about 1030-this may sound early to some people-but i like to be early. But while we are waiting is there anything to walk to-maybe just within a few hundred yards worth taking pictures of?

We have only cruised out of long beach-there you can check in and then walk and look at the queen mary just a few hundred yards away. Not the most exciting thing in the world, but good for a few pics and to pass an hour or so-know what I mean?:)

Archived