Westerdam Information requested

Daisymabel

Good day Holland America Cruisers:),

I have only ever sailed with Princess but I'm looking to book a cruise on the Westerdam next year. I travel with family so we usually book suites together and open up the connecting door panels on the balcony. Is it possible to do this on the Westerdam?

Also, our preference has been for Mini-Suites with Princess (Ruby & Emerald) so will a Verandah Ocean View suite be the equivalent? (looking for some info from those of you that have sailed on both)

Regarding dining, we've been Anytime diners with Princess. Does the Westerdam offer an equivalent or is it strictly traditional dining?

Any hints or tips would be most welcome.

Thank you and happy cruising.

Yes, you may open up a portion of the divider on the balconey.

Yes, HAL has Open Seating.

Yes, I would say the SS category on HAL is probably about the equal of the Mini Suites on Princess.

Thanks for the quick response.

Westerdam here we come!

Now, what is the best deck/position to book 3 SS. Once again, any direction would be really helpful here. We are quiet people so would want to avoid elevators etc. Wouldn't want to be underneath any busy/loud areas either. I'm being offered Navigation deck on the website. How would that work?

Wouldn't want to be underneath any busy/loud areas either. I'm being offered Navigation deck on the website. How would that work?
Any SS higher than 8068 would be under the carpeted area of the Lido, and quieter than being the Lido pool deck. If you want connecting SS, they are marked with a + outside the balcony: 8075/8077, 8078/8080, 8083/85, 8086/88, 8091/93, 8090/92, 8095/97.

Have the Deck Plans at the HAL site been helpful to you?

They give lots of information and maybe you'd feel more comfortable making your choices if you look at the deck plans for yourself?

Everyone's preferences are so individual. We always take mid-ship but some others like stern more........

We had a great cruise on Westerdam and hope you do, as well.

Any SS higher than 8068 would be under the carpeted area of the Lido, and quieter than being the Lido pool deck. If you want connecting SS, they are marked with a + outside the balcony: 8075/8077, 8078/8080, 8083/85, 8086/88, 8091/93, 8090/92, 8095/97.

Interesting..thanks for the info. So if we went for SY on Upper verandah port side would that be a good location? Not too high and looks like there are only suites above.

We're not looking for connecting rooms, we just want to open up the balcony doors. On the subject of balconies, are these fully or partially covered/open.

So many questions:confused:

Have the Deck Plans at the HAL site been helpful to you?

They give lots of information and maybe you'd feel more comfortable making your choices if you look at the deck plans for yourself?

Everyone's preferences are so individual. We always take mid-ship but some others like stern more........

We had a great cruise on Westerdam and hope you do, as well.

Yes, we've had a look at the deck plans and think we've found what we want. Like you, we prefer mid ship. So glad to read that you liked the Westerdam. I've been looking at reviews here and like what I see. Any cruise is a good cruise!!:)

Thanks for the response.

HAL has Open Seating dining on the lower level of the dining room -- it is open from 5:15 - 9 PM -- you can show up any time you want to -- or you can make reservations for a table only between the times of 5:15 - 6:15 and 7:30 - 9 PM.

There is also the Lido for dinner -- buffet style -- open from 5:30 - 8:30 -- has nearly all the same food for dinner as the main dining room.

It is just a small door by the rail that opens up -- your cabin stewards can do that for you.

On the subject of balconies, are these fully or partially covered/open.
Partial. In the lower left picture in the above post, the section next to the rail swings open. Your steward has the necessary tool.

I think the question refers to over head coverage, which in the pictures is full.

Thanks for the info. From being on Princess and having a mini suite our balcony was always open so this will be different.

Archived