Just back - Vision of the Seas BALTIC CRUISE. Questions?

I would have no worries in that respect. We used TJ Travel on our trip in St P and were delighted with the service, care and attention. I would have no hesitation in saying they will never allow that to happen. We were there on a particularly busy day in the city because schools were going back the next day, and our guide and driver were constantly changing the order of the itinerary depending on traffic movement etc.

I have no doubt people who have used Denrus, Allah or any of the other companies will say the same. To repeat a point someone made on the Northern European board a few years ago, these companies make a good living from cruise traffic. The day one of them misses a ship, their business will dry up immediately, and that will NOT be allowed to happen.

I agree with D'anne, it was a wonderful trip which I would repeat again in a heartbeat!

Donal,

We've booked with TJ Travel for our day in SPB in early August. I have to say they have been incredible with communication. Very impressed so far. If their guides are half as good as their booking coordinator Olga, we are in for a special day. She has really been fantastic to work with, the best of the 10 tour operators I initially contacted by a large margin.

I noticed you're booked on the Adventure of the Seas for October. Is that just you and Paula or the kids as well?

I'll try to drop you a line on Facebook. Need to catch up with you prior to our Vision cruise for some tips!

BTW, any chance you might be able to skip down to London for a day at the end of July? We'll be there 7/31-8/4.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a 'drop down' screen in the Masquerade Theatre on which films were regularly shown last year. They were relatively contemporary 'new release' films, that were also regularly rotated on the in-cabin TVs.

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the review! We are on a similar itinerary on Jewel soon. Could I ask what currency you used for tips- to your tour guide/ driver in SPB and to any staff on the ship. I'm not sure whether they would prefer dollars, euros or pounds (as Jewel is homeported in the UK)

Thanks

Swcruise-

This was one of our favorite cruises (and we're almost Diamond Plus)! We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the destinations and the staff. The ship was certainly not the most beautiful we've been on and the food was definitely the worst we've ever experienced on Royal Caribbean, but honestly, neither of those facts impacted my enjoyment in the least. I would definitely do this cruise again. You should book today!

D'anne

Was there a C/L or Diamond Lounge on board ? We are doing the Panama 15 night 4/2/13

OF COURSE, they wouldn’t be drinking, but I think my 18-year-old brother would have loved to check it out and maybe have a coke or juice from the ice glasses.

No, they don't let underage people in the bar. BUT in Scandinavia 18 is an adult :D

Happy to hear you enjoyed the Baltics. The Stockholm archipelago is in my opinion the most beautiful in the world. Love it to bits.

• 1 month later...
Was there a C/L or Diamond Lounge on board ? We are doing the Panama 15 night 4/2/13

Not yet. Vision is scheduled for her Royal Revitalization some time after your cruise. The CL and DL will be added then.

We will be booking this on Monday as part of a B2B, June 19, I think. How are the chairs in the Crown & Anchor? That would have been our favorite bar on the Radiance, if not for the hard chairs. :)

Do you mean the Viking Crown Lounge, perhaps?:). When we were last on Vision, the chairs were a little hard, but we'll back onboard in about 3 weeks, so I will let you know.:D

Hello, could you tell me who the theatre entertainers were please?

Remember that this review is from last year, so other than then production shows, then entertainers will have changed.:)

Yes, the "Chops" steak (14.95 I think) was offered on the menu each night. They had prime rib on the menu at least twice during the week. I think I had it both times with lots of horseradish! YUMM!!

Yes I was very happy with the Vision! We had the inside room closest to the card room on deck 7 so had our own almost private viewing room the morning of the Swedish archipelago sail-by!!! They also bring coffee, hot water, juice and danish to the card room on deck seven most mornings by 7 AM!! We felt like we had our own private suite! :D

Hey, we have two inside rooms in the same area and was planning for to use the card room for early morning sail in to ports. Thanks for letting me know aboout the early morning coffee and danish offerings. Hope they are still doing it this year, for sure we will avail of this..

• 8 months later...

Archived