Dockyard to Elbow Beach distance

swiss2619

Does anyone know about how long it takes to get to Elbow Beach from the dockyard? Is Elbow near Horseshoe? Would love to visit Elbow Beach again - haven't been there in 5 years and last time our ship docked at Hamilton. Thanks!

Swiss

Does anyone know about how long it takes to get to Elbow Beach from the dockyard? Is Elbow near Horseshoe? Would love to visit Elbow Beach again - haven't been there in 5 years and last time our ship docked at Hamilton. Thanks!

Swiss

MAP

• 3 weeks later...

If you were taking a bus from the Dockyard or Hamilton, it would be a route #7 bus; from the former it would be inbound, the latter, outbound.

The bus schedule has the ride from the Dockyard at 48 minutes; from Hamilton, 14 minutes. The ferry ride to Hamilton is about 20 minutes and then a 7-10 minute uphill walk to the Hamilton bus terminal.

Unless you are traveling with a transportation pass, the Dockyard to Hamilton to Elbow Beach route would require 2 separate fares. Traveling this route would also have to waits, at the Dockyard for the ferry and in Hamilton for the bus.

To me, the easier would be the bus from the Dockyard, the fastest by taxi from the Dockyard.

I've attached a copy of the Hamilton-Dockyard ferry schedule so that you can see the waiting times for the ferry:

BlueRouteSch11.jpg

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...
If you were taking a bus from the Dockyard or Hamilton, it would be a route #7 bus; from the former it would be inbound, the latter, outbound.

The bus schedule has the ride from the Dockyard at 48 minutes; from Hamilton, 14 minutes. The ferry ride to Hamilton is about 20 minutes and then a 7-10 minute uphill walk to the Hamilton bus terminal.

Unless you are traveling with a transportation pass, the Dockyard to Hamilton to Elbow Beach route would require 2 separate fares. Traveling this route would also have to waits, at the Dockyard for the ferry and in Hamilton for the bus.

To me, the easier would be the bus from the Dockyard, the fastest by taxi from the Dockyard.

I've attached a copy of the Hamilton-Dockyard ferry schedule so that you can see the waiting times for the ferry:

BlueRouteSch11.jpg

SBtS

I just found out that the week that we will be docked in Bermuda, Thursday and Friday will be national holidays.

Do you happen to know the ferry and bus schedule for Sun/holidays?

Thanks

Here is the link for complete bus schedules for all routes in printable pdf: http://www.rccbermuda.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_18606_252_993_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/public_transportation_board/bus_schedules/bus_schedule11.pdf

Since I'm having a problem linking to the ferry schedule, here is a copy of the weekend/holiday schedule for the Blue Route (Hamilton - Dockyard):

BlueRouteWkEd.jpg

Since there is no the weekend/holiday scheduled service for the Orange Route :( (St George - Dockyard), no link or copy is provided.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

As Elbow Beach is very close to the city of Hamilton, it’s relatively more crowded and a popular spot for both the tourists and locals.

You will often see people taking a stroll on Elbow beach after finishing work.

The beach is divided into two parts, private and public. The Elbow Beach Resort owns the private side of the beach, and offers some great facilities to its guests including full bathrooms and changing facilities at the beach, and shuttle services to take the guests back to the hotel.

The public side of Elbow beach has basic bathroom facilities. There is a concession that rents out snorkeling gears, sand chairs, chase lounges, beach umbrellas etc. There is a popular restaurant Mickey's Bistro right on the beach run by Elbow Beach hotel. You can plan to take your lunch here or just enjoy a few drinks. It is VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

You need to take the Tribe Road #4 which begins at the sharp bend on South Road to reach Elbow Beach . Bus #2 and #7 take you to the beach. There is some 500 yards of downhill walk required from the bus stop to the beach.

Hope this helps! - Miriam

As Elbow Beach is very close to the city of Hamilton, it’s relatively more crowded and a popular spot for both the tourists and locals.

You will often see people taking a stroll on Elbow beach after finishing work.

The beach is divided into two parts, private and public. The Elbow Beach Resort owns the private side of the beach, and offers some great facilities to its guests including full bathrooms and changing facilities at the beach, and shuttle services to take the guests back to the hotel.

The public side of Elbow beach has basic bathroom facilities. There is a concession that rents out snorkeling gears, sand chairs, chase lounges, beach umbrellas etc. There is a popular restaurant Mickey's Bistro right on the beach run by Elbow Beach hotel. You can plan to take your lunch here or just enjoy a few drinks. It is VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

When I was there the hotel people were hostile but reading the recent reports it sounds like that is not the case anymore. One of the reasons I did not care for the beach was the hostility. I must have hit the beach at the right time because when I was there it was no where near crowded. I was there from around ten to two o'clock and there were no more than 20 people there on both sides of the beach.

I also noticed the last time that I was at Elbow Beach that the hotel people were definitely hostile. My husband and I had visited the resort and wanted to go down to the beach to walk back to the resort next door where we had left out scooters (it used to be called the Stonington, now changed). A guard blocked the stairs and said "you can't go this way, this is not a public walkway", so we had to walk out through the hotel, down the street and back to the Stonington by the access drive. This was almost 20 years ago but it made a big impression as this post confirms. I am glad to see that there is a public beach too, but it is unlikely Elbow Beach Resort will see any of our colorful Bermudian cash.

Archived